Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Stellar Arms Race, Confederacy: 1972 Design  (Read 12774 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Stellar Arms Race, Confederacy: 1972 Design
« Reply #210 on: August 12, 2015, 09:42:09 pm »

Lets hope I can focus enough to not mess this up~. We are still kind of ironing them out, I think.

Unyielding (Heavy "Flying Fortress" tankish jet)
Heavily armored (Multiple hits, if possible)
Redundant engines (2+)
3 Crewmen (1 pilot, 2 gunners. 1 gunner aiming in the rear)
Heavy Missile Load out (Several positioned to fire behind the vehicle. Exact number we are attempting for not stated yet)
FLARES! (NOBODY CAN FORGET FLARES)
Huge Size
Thick Armored Wings
Conservative estimate of 3 Ores, 1 Chemical. Yes, this thing would probably have more metal than your rocket ship on a good roll, if you want the skin to be an inch of steel all around. It would also need a rocket just to get it off the ground, unless you get a really good roll, because armor is heavy, yo.

---

I had to spell it out for the USAA, so here's what I told them about espionage credits:
Take photos of enemy territory and get them home safe, and you will get espionage credits. That's just one way of getting credits. Put yourself in a position where you can obtain intel. That's all I'm going to say.

....3 Ore 1 Chem would be Inexpensive for us right now  :P. What would its missile loadout ~be in that case?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #211 on: August 12, 2015, 09:58:08 pm »

I don't know. You said several, so depending on what mood I'm in when I type the thing and what the dice say, probably 3 or 4, forward and back. So a total of 6-8. You get what you ask for.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 12, 2015, 10:14:48 pm »

What would be the pricing with 14 missiles?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 12, 2015, 10:53:07 pm »

What would be the pricing with 14 missiles?

We are barely able to get it off the ground already...

Alright! I will be more exact in the future.

I still vote for the Unyielding. If it doesn't work out, it is all my fault  :P. Kevak, you are still the only person who hasn't voted yet, assuming the other's don't want to change their votes.

So we have a general idea of what we want to do for revision (Extending Sunrise's reach into the atmosphere), and what we want to do for the event (Li jun). I'm going somewhere Friday, so I probably won't be able to do much on my phone. Ill try to help with the wright up tomorrow. ...I think Kevak can wright? I saw him helping out CPOD the other day, we might just have to push it on him  :P.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 12, 2015, 10:56:35 pm »

I can write but sorta iffy on this specific prompt. Don't have a muse for it right now.

I'll vote Unyielding.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 12, 2015, 11:00:36 pm »

I can write but sorta iffy on this specific prompt. Don't have a muse for it right now.

I'll vote Unyielding.

Eh, if all three of us throw our effort into this like the commies we are, we should have something decent enough to win~.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 13, 2015, 12:30:17 am »

I'll have an even better spaceship design next turn!  Some kind of orbital bombardment battle cruiser!  Or something.

Okay I am just planning on doing the same thing.

So what were we going to do for our redesign?

I would like either a change up to our missiles or making our current rocket system cheaper.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 13, 2015, 12:43:55 am »

For redesign, we should put another missile on the Sunrise that can target the Upper Atmosphere. Maybe stick a flare on there also. Missiles don't seem to cost much chemicalwise.

Next turn we should make a better launch system so we can launch Sunrises in batches/launch big shit.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 13, 2015, 01:54:38 am »

For redesign, we should put another missile on the Sunrise that can target the Upper Atmosphere. Maybe stick a flare on there also. Missiles don't seem to cost much chemicalwise.

Next turn we should make a better launch system so we can launch Sunrises in batches/launch big shit.

The current one is very expensive, at this point it seems like a larger one for say, 'medium' payloads would be a national effort.  Getting our current rocket down in cost comparable to our current launch items, the expensive sunrise and inexpensive capsule, would allow us to launch a lot more things.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 13, 2015, 10:49:05 am »

An extra missile tube/flare isn't a horrible idea, but we could just modify the Sunrise's Crowmurder to fire into the atmosphere. Thus not needing the extra tube, extra weight, or *potential* extra cost. Of course, since we have a 3/1 for an 8 missile jet, we can probably add an extra missile tube without increasing the price too much...

So, uh, yeah +1.

If the Unyielding ends up being horrible, it should only take a Revision phase to turn it into a great fighter anyway. We should probably wait to see how things go before trying to make next turn's design.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 13, 2015, 11:39:35 am »

The Sunrise is deadly to LEO due to the shrapnel clouds it makes with its missiles. We will need to make an entirely different missile to handle Upper Atmosphere. Hence why adding another missile or a flare is a good idea.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 13, 2015, 09:20:40 pm »

...And I totally forgot to write something today.  :-\. What is the deadline on the Fiction piece?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #222 on: August 13, 2015, 10:33:07 pm »

...And I totally forgot to write something today.  :-\. What is the deadline on the Fiction piece?
As long as you get it in before the 1972 Sitrep goes up, you're golden.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]