Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Stellar Arms Race OOC  (Read 13453 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Stellar Arms Race OOC
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2015, 10:06:48 pm »

Quote from: Rocket Size/Range
Small: Can transport a tiny payload, such as a satellite, a space station component, or most capsules (limit of about a dozen crew) into LEO. Can't reach the Moon.
Big: Can transport a small payload, such as a cluster of satellites, a whole space station, or a larger capsule (limit of about two dozen crew) into LEO. Can transport a small payload to the Moon.
Massive: Can transport a massive payload, about equivalent to two space stations, or a box packed with people into LEO. Can transport a big payload to the Moon.

Changes:
- The historic Moon firefight never happened.
- Both your rockets are now Small.
- Included vehicle entries about capsules on either side, so quit complaining about not knowing what you have. Its driving me nuts.
- Changed resource numbers for High Atmo (-1 from each side) because I thought they were too high.
- Included a detail about accessories for the USSA's Sleeve (helmet, oxygen, special gloves, etc.; whatever you need to go on a space walk) since someone was complaining about that too (breathing is overrated).

Play on.

E: I do update the OP tech spoilers in either thread. Those are more current than the ones in the 1970 sitrep right now (I updated expense levels for designs).
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 10:15:21 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2015, 10:15:02 pm »

Quote from: Rocket Size/Range
Small: Can transport a tiny payload, such as a satellite, a space station component, or most capsules (limit of about a dozen crew) into LEO. Can't reach the Moon.
Big: Can transport a small payload, such as a cluster of satellites, a whole space station, or a larger capsule (limit of about two dozen crew) into LEO. Can transport a small payload to the Moon.
Massive: Can transport a massive payload, about equivalent to two space stations, or a box packed with people into LEO. Can transport a big payload to the Moon.

Changes:
- The historic Moon firefight never happened.
- Both your rockets are now Small.
- Included vehicle entries about capsules on either side, so quit complaining about not knowing what you have. Its driving me nuts.
- Changed resource numbers for High Atmo (-1 from each side) because I thought they were too high.
- Included a detail about accessories for the USSA's Sleeve (helmet, oxygen, special gloves, etc.; whatever you need to go on a space walk) since someone was complaining about that too (breathing is overrated).

Play on.

That is just USSA propaganda! They faked the moon landing faking! WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

*Stirk proceeds to hire Confederate actors to reenact the moon fight on tape and distributes this as propaganda*
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2015, 12:27:00 pm »

Posting for more moon conspiracies.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2015, 10:43:03 pm »

According to a co-worker, we're going to be working overtime for the next two and a half months.

Yay.

Still actually waiting on voting though, I think. I was sort of waiting for a consensus, or at least a big tie.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2015, 10:56:53 pm »

According to a co-worker, we're going to be working overtime for the next two and a half months.

Yay.

Still actually waiting on voting though, I think. I was sort of waiting for a consensus, or at least a big tie.

Look on the bright side. Overtime=Overtime pay!

Waiting on USSA or us?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2015, 11:05:17 pm »

Yay.

Look on the bright side. Overtime=Overtime pay!

Waiting on USSA or us?
I'd rather have the two hours and use the time to write. I have no energy when I get home anymore.

I just checked aaand... Both!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2015, 11:06:16 pm »

Thought we already voted?

What exactly are we voting on each turn?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2015, 11:18:09 pm »

Thought we already voted?

What exactly are we voting on each turn?

-Design
-Revision

We are on Revision now.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2015, 11:25:48 pm »

What he said. Did you read the directions? All of you need to read the directions before you play the game.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2015, 11:28:35 pm »

I did read them. Prolly just missed that.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2015, 12:18:56 pm »

@GUNIN:
Will every technology we develop be publicised like the solar panel and tape retrieval were, or were those special because they're relatively important and little reason to keep them from being public? So if were to build something like SUPER SECRET ANDROID SUPERPILOTS (which is obviously impossible with mechanical computers), would the other side necessarily know about it or would it take until it was revealed or they recovered one or something?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2015, 01:08:56 pm »

Pretty sure we have non-mechanical computers. This being 1970's and all.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 08, 2015, 01:12:56 pm »

Houses and streets are lit by electric bulbs, and cooking is done with natural gas piped into stoves. Coolant from nuclear power plants is dumped into the sea. You are meeting around a digital computer, in the tape room above the design floor. The floor is where small-scale models are built for the purpose of thought and engineering. The old weapons design team has been sent to the gulag laid off, and you men and women have been chosen to replace them. The year is 1970.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2015, 01:21:58 pm »

@GUNIN:
Will every technology we develop be publicised like the solar panel and tape retrieval were, or were those special because they're relatively important and little reason to keep them from being public? So if were to build something like SUPER SECRET ANDROID SUPERPILOTS (which is obviously impossible with mechanical computers), would the other side necessarily know about it or would it take until it was revealed or they recovered one or something?
If it was at all possible to keep it secret, then sure, maybe. In the example of the mass-produced android megapilot, the other side would get strong hints that there was something different, but they probably wouldn't know it was because you made robopilots unless they actually managed to shoot one of those planes down and capture it.

E: Full disclosure is a lot simpler, so I probably won't do that.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 01:24:40 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2015, 05:57:35 pm »

E: Full disclosure is a lot simpler, so I probably won't do that.
Alright, I guess it makes sense that you can't keep secrets where everyone and their dog is a potential enemy collaborator.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9