Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: (ISG) Cathlan - Dungeons  (Read 12452 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Cathlan - Tragedy
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2015, 10:34:11 am »

The blade in the picture. Take it. Also, take the thingy around the skeleton's leg.
+1
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2015, 04:38:38 pm »

You yank the knife out of the lungserpent skeleton with your teeth, and shove it though your belt. Hmm, a good throw really, even with a specially adapted fishblade, going through the wall and into the burrowing creature. The... blue stuff appears to have shrunk away from the point of impact, further suggesting that it is alive in some way. Annoyingly, you can't remember which part of a lungserpent is valuable, if any. The ribs? Eyes? Teeth? Rib bones? Who knows.

You try and use the knife to remove the sap from your hands.
[2]
Nope, too hard for this blade. Fishknives are for throwing underwater and slicing flesh.

You manage to undo the shinplate from the vaguely apelike skeleton, it appears to be the only piece noone has hastily looted. You strap it to your forearm, possibly to block with.

One wheel short of a wagon

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2015, 05:37:50 pm »

Deeper in!
+1 Try to take the blade and tiny brown bag from the apelike skeleton.
Max avatar size is 80x80

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2015, 10:21:12 pm »

Deeper in!
+1 Try to take the blade and tiny brown bag from the apelike skeleton.
+1, use the blade to try to cut the sap as well.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2015, 05:40:50 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You get the spearcleaver thing, some sort of foreign weapon from the skeleton. Not your best weapon choice due to size, but weight isn't really a problem for you underwater right now. You try and slice the sap off.

[2]

Nope, this stuff is damn hard. You just need a slightly better blade. Looks like you won't be using that opposable thumb advantage of yours for a bit longer, in any case.

You also investigate the pouch from the skeleton, taking it and examining the contents. This adventurer seems to have had a bit of stuff, and he won't be using it now.

[5,3,1,5]

In the pouch, you manage to find ten ichorgeld, the unforgeable Cathlan currency, as well as a one-use... fog spell? You Can't quite make out the wording on the officially licensed scrap of alchemically imbued paper. You also find a vertebrae, hardly worth anything... of a coralknight! Wow, those hulking defenders of libraries from ancient times were pretty tough, and most available skeletons have already been looted for the technology and raw magic behing their mysterious creation, so this will have at least symbolic value. Maybe. Alternatively, nobody could care less, you aren't sure, not having listened well in lessons. No weapon, either. What now?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2015, 06:30:33 pm »

We must go deeper!

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Max avatar size is 80x80

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2015, 06:48:55 pm »

You pass into what appears to be the centre of the crevasse. After this, it seems to get narrower. Above you is some unidentifiable light source, below  and behind a labyrinth of bones. You can't even make out the distant sides from here, and whatever is directly in front of you is also hidden. You seems to detect slight movements all over the sides, top and bottom, but can't be sure.

Oh, and the ground below and in front of you. Appears to be... writhing?

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2015, 08:28:09 pm »

Support for The Moonlit Shadow's suggestion. Go back until we are safe.
Max avatar size is 80x80

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2015, 09:47:58 pm »

Support for The Moonlit Shadow's suggestion. Go back until we are safe.
+1

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Cathlan - Dungeons
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2015, 04:01:24 pm »

You reckon you'd be pretty safe near a wall, roof or floor, as you'd be harder to make out then. The water coming from the "worms" tastes nasty and acidic, and it might be dangerous to go closer, but anywhere else would be fine. You're too jumpy to stay in the open though...

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2015, 04:48:21 pm »

Continue forward through the tunnel.
Max avatar size is 80x80

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2015, 09:19:27 am »

After a period of indecision, you keep going, swimming over the gaping pit of giant worms (?) uneasily. The walls narrow back inwards suddenly, and instead of ending in a hole or vertex, the crevasse sides join together in an expansive, smooth curve. You float down towards the slope created, and can see several different things in various places. One is the wrecked body of a Cobble-made Ironarm Strider Automated Armour Suit, next to a scattering of books. There are also a few holes or burrows, and a large Dracopicus skeleton near several smaller ones, as well as some bodies clothed in leather armour.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2015, 09:34:39 am »

Cut the sap on the weapons of the armor of the skeleton, then wear it and inspect the books.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2015, 05:36:34 pm »

You float towards the nearest book, which something has flung some way out from the Armour Suit.

[1]

Aaargh! It's a Bill Sandmoon novel: and not just any romantic/fantastical saccharin trash, but Fleshmancy! Ugh!

The book in question was a  failure commissioned by the Mossholm elder alchemists, detailing a fictious account of how "Fleshmancy" (Remaking) originated as an ancient Mossholm magical art, twisted into a vile form by the evil Cobble scholars. The writing is confused at best, and Bill Sandmoon's soppy and crowdpleasing style does not lend itself well to high fantasy. The book failed commercially, infuriated the Cobble leaders, and was the cause of Bill's switch to writing steamy crossspecies romances about humans, satyrs, and other animal folk, a considerably easier larger market in this day and age. You sigh. Some people just don't get that some stuff isn't fantastical or magical.
You don't have the ReMaking skill to use one of these, unless its a special military Hasloc issue and not a private Cobble make, though it looks pretty beaten up anyway. You could go over and have a look, though determining the value of most books takes time, especially as you were never a fast reader or great in lessons.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5