Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: (ISG) An Assassin In Narvir  (Read 8513 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) An Assassin In Narvir
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2015, 04:45:33 pm »

Are we going to get a look at what's over the wall?

Headhanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2015, 04:58:04 pm »

Are we going to get a look at what's over the wall?

Pressed for time today, maybe tomorrow too - I'll do my best.

Headhanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2015, 04:29:24 am »

The rain is really coming down now.

You are on the battlements, above the stables by the sound and smell of it. Below is the yard; to your left is the circular corner tower; to your right the square corner tower.

The massive keep stands before you. You can hear music and loud voices from inside - the celebration feast for Prince Aldun's forthcoming wedding - the revelery should be dying down soon, the prince seeking his chambers.

Most of the windows are too narrow to climb through.

To your left, beyond the square tower, there is a walkway from the walls to the keep.

On this side of the keep there is a circular tower with a balcony that stands proud from the keep about half way up. There is another, similar, tower on the other side of the keep. Both look like they might be solars or bedchambers. You might be able to throw your rope and hook that far, but it looks a long way.

On the right side of the keep are the main gates. Probably guarded.

On the far side should be another walkway into the keep.

There should be some ground-level entrances around too - the kitchens, armoury, buttery, pantry, dungeon, etc. all need access after all. Somewhere within the walls there will also be a barracks, a smithy, and a granary or storeroom. The ground level and walls will likely be patrolled, even in the rain, and despite the storm lookouts will be posted in the towers to keep an eye out for ships on the horizon.

Overhead view:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2015, 05:40:28 am »

Venture a throw of the grappling hook at the balcony - if that fails, try the window beneath it.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2015, 09:14:30 am »

Main objective is to make it into the Princes chambers before he does and waiting underneath the matress or inside a closet or a dark corner. Wait for him to go to sleep and then slice his neck open. Followed by repeated stabs to make sure he is dead.

Venture a throw of the grappling hook at the balcony - if that fails, try the window beneath it.

+1

Headhanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2015, 07:16:13 am »

Standing on the crenelations of the nearest walkway to the keep, you think you can just about manage the throw.

It takes a few attempts and you have to let go of the rope to make the extra distance.

It hooks on. The rope trails. You have to time it just right.

Nothing will stand in the way of vengeance tonight

It looks like a bedchamber - probably not the prince's. There's a door to the left, a fireplace, some wildflowers and an extinguished candle on the mantle, a large four-poster bed, a small table and some chairs, a wardrobe, another door to the right beyond the bed - probably to the privy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2015, 07:21:05 am »

Climb in and get out of this damn rain. Ready a throwing knife - they might be awful for most things, but maybe you'll get lucky and the distance will be right to actually wound something with it. Check the corners, listen carefully around you. And be very, very quiet.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2015, 10:08:09 am »

Nothing will stand in the way of vengeance tonight.

So cool.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Headhanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2015, 05:47:24 am »

It's good to get out of the storm. The wind and rain hammers relentlessly on the castle walls, howling like a hungry ghost.

It sounds like gentle snoring coming from outside the door - perhaps the man-at-arms on guard is asleep at his post.

You're about to open the door when you hear something from the other side of the room. There's someone in the privy!

You only have a few seconds to decide what to do.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2015, 10:18:21 pm »

Leave. Through the door.
+ Hopefully the person in the privy won't investigate.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2015, 03:39:42 am »

Headhanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2015, 05:08:40 am »

Trying to upload new drawings to imgur... something's going wrong. I'll try again later.

Headhanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2015, 07:21:16 am »

You deftly pivot around the door as you swing it open - the hinges hardly make a sound as you glide into the corridor and pull the door shut behind you.

You are in a small annex to a left/right corridor - snoring quietly before you is a man-at-arms asleep on a stool. He is wearing a mail hauberk but doesn't look like he's from Kethir - perhaps he's one of the household guard of the Kaelish bride-to-be's family.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2015, 09:24:39 am »

Find the guy we're trying to assassinate, preferably in a place where assassination is ideal.
+1 If we have no idea where we are, take a left down the corridor.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Headhanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2015, 05:57:55 am »

The rooms on this corridor appear to be guest bedchambers, although none are half as large as the one with the balcony you climbed through.

As you are about to round the corner at the end of the passage you hear voices.

You creep to the corner and there he is - Prince Aldun! He's speaking with someone - his father-in-law to be perhaps?

"...well looked after, I promise. I'll have two men watch her at all times when I'm away."

"And how often will that be? Do you intend to move on Marir now that their prince is dead?"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6