Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: The Magicians Marathon of Magical Murder: Cuthulu kills everyone  (Read 25104 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Magicians Marathon of Magical Murder: Turn 3 (Sticky situations)
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2015, 01:09:01 pm »

"Aspect, would you kindly grant me and you mastery of the bovine language so we can communicate better?"

"Oi, minotaur, go grab an aspect for me."
If the minotaur attacks team Derm, that will be a declaration of war.
((ATHATH, are you talking to me directly as a player, or talking IC? Because I know we've had a discussion before on how to distinguish between the two. It involves using double parentheses. Anyways, the threat has been noted and responded to.))
((OOC. Anything that I say that isn't in quotation marks (or in them but the quotation marks are used for quoting or used for emphasis) is OOC. I type my posts on my phone, so it gets quite annoying to use parentheses.))

Dodge the minotaur.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Magicians Marathon of Magical Murder: Turn 4 (Divine Intervention)
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2015, 08:41:52 am »

Initiative:

Auguste Vernier [5]
Greeny McEmerald [4]
Avery [3]
The Manipulator [2]
Salsacookies [1]
Derm [2-2 Prone penalty]

Attempt to get a grip on the chasm wall before I fall to my death.
((Yes, I am quoting Pm's))

Before we resume the tale that is happening somewhere up above, our story must continue in a place where time itself has stopped.

Auguste Vernier formerly falling to his death; now frozen in time, was saved by his aspect and given time to think. To him it was minutes, no hours (but definitely not days) before he finally came up with a plan of action, a method of escape. Oh it was so simple, how could it possibly go wrong?

As he began to move his hand, searching for a ledge time suddenly resumed and he was falling again...

"Oh god, why am I falling so fast? No one told me that the momentum was going to resume right from where I left off!" he thought (or so I've been told). Desperate to save himself, his search for a ledge became more frantic.

agility roll [4-1 only one free hand]

But alas, no ledges were to be found, but what's this? A crack?! And so it was true! From the edge of his vision, he saw a crack that was wide enough to support his digits. With the desperation of a starving coyote , he jammed the fingers of his only free hand inside and muttered a prayer.

endurance roll [4-1 significant momentum]

But the gods did not listen. Suddenly there was pain, horrible pain. Something happened to his hand. It was too much, and so he let go, his fall continuing, albeit much more slowly.

"Hey, is that Greeny's minotaur?"

((check inventory for details))

"Aspect, would you kindly grant me and you mastery of the bovine language so we can communicate better?"

If I can speak bovine:
"Oi, minotaur, please go kill that mage with the bounty. The one with the rock aspect."

If not:
Wireless control the minotaur to do the above thing.
Okay, let's try this again.

Pronunciation [4]
"Aspect, can you teach me the bovine language so we can communicate better?

"Huh? The motor boat? It's quiet and unlimited,
would be useful for catching porpoises."

Understanding [1]

"Let's try something else"

Understanding [3]

aspect initiative [6]
aspect d20 [2+6-5 sphere deviation -4 compexity]
will roll [2]

Suddenly, you feel pain...

((rest of the results Pmed))

Avery will shout to "Dave""Hey you over there, wanna have an alliance, I just "remembered" you from Bakersfieldville, remember  I am Avery, the kid who always burned down your competitors stalls? Sorry about throwing the paperweight at you, I got some words mixed up, want to kill the dude with the bounty on his head." then whisper to my aspect. "Could you kindly make a massive hollow paperweight, with no bottom and drop it on the dude who just killed the other dude?"
Fine mom...

"Hey you over there, wanna have an alliance, I just "remembered" you from Bakersfieldville, remember  I am Avery, the kid who always burned down your competitors stalls? Sorry about throwing the paperweight at you, I got some words mixed up, want to kill the dude with the bounty on his head."

The man is dumbfounded by this. There is a look on his face that suggests that he doesn't remember you. Of course, you already knew that, him not being Dave an all. He sits down to think.

Your aspect then begins to mutter some giberish. Probably a congratulations.
Understanding [2]

Anyway, time to test some magic.

*giberish* "Make a massive hallowed paperweight, with no button and drop it on the dude who killed the dude?"

You do not understand your aspect's response.
understanding [1]

aspect d20...

[20!]

You know, in retrospect, it's a good thing this place has high ceilings. Because if it didn't, then the massive paperweight wouldn't have been able to even fit inside the hallway. Oh, those were good times. Let me tell you all about it. First a gigantic paperweight spawned above The Manipulator's head, and then guess what happened...

agility roll [6-2 holy, that thing is large]

he dodged it, that bastard actually managed to dodge it, but that wasn't the best part. The best part would probably be it's holyness. I didn't even ask for holyness, it just was. There was this booming angelic choir, and also light, such bright light. If you looked in it's general direction, then there was a very good chance that you would be permanently blinded.

Of course that's not all, suddenly The Manipulator began to emit smoke.

Manipulator will roll [5]

Then he stopped unfortunately. It was cool while it lasted though. Sadly, we also had a loss...

Minotaur escape roll [6]
Minotaur strength roll [1+2]

Greeny's adorable Minotaur, was startled by the light and began charging towards the chasm. He tried to jump over it but he didn't make it. He ended up falling to his doom just like Auguste did. If only there was something I could have done to save him!

Another thing was what happened to the crazy gibbering man. His name is Cookies Mcsalsa by the way

Aspect of harm durability roll [1]

His Aspect exploded! It blew up right in his face!

Endurance roll [1]

He lost his left arm and was knocked unconscious. Despite the loss of his arm, in a way, that actually helped him. I don't know if he would have closed his eyes in time before the light blinded him. Always focus on the silver lining, right?

Wake up roll [4]

He twitched a bit, but was still unconscious.

After the explosion, a floating purple flame appeared. It began to fly towards me but it dissipated before it could reach me.

And as for myself...

speed roll [2]
Endurance roll [6]

I stared at it like a man!

Aspect understanding roll [1]

"Ooh, what fun!"

"Well, if anyone wants to try to kill me, the guy whose aspect was able to kill someone with one spell and is almost invulnerable to standard weaponry, rather than work together in order to escape, they're welcome to."

Wait for my aspect to recharge before performing my next stunt. If anyone attacks me, do a pm'd action. Otherwise, help Derm return to normal land.

Hmm, I don't trust these mages. Hah, maybe I can persuade them with logic.

"Well, if anyone wants to try to ki- What the heck is that!?"

And you see it. A giant paperweight falling from the ceiling and trying to crush your head.

agility roll [6-2 holy, that is large]

With the reflexes of a cat and the speed of a cheetah, you manage to dodge out of the way and barely avoid the massive paperweight.

You suddenly have this uncomfortable feeling inside your chest.

Will roll [5]

It then passes. Now back to your agenda.

Tell my aspect:
"Protect me in any way you see fit, if you suspect that someone is trying to harm me."

You whisper to your aspect:
"Protect me any way you want if you see someone trying to hurt me."
Pronunciation roll [4]

"If you really say so.."
understanding [4]

Now time to help Derm! Oh look, he already packed his stuff.

helping roll [1]

You underestimated the effect your newly increased weight would have on you. You lean in way too much and end up falling in yourself. Maybe your aspect will save you.

Aspect initiative roll [1]

"KILL THE TRAITOR!"
Aspect understanding roll [3]

What?  No! don't kill Derm!

But he doesn't listen and casts his spell.
Aspect d20 [11+6-1 sphere deviation -1 complexity -8 manadrain]

The platform tilts an insignificant amount. That did not save you but at least Derm didn't get killed. You continue falling, hoping to hit the platform.

Sadly though, the platform had dipped way too much at this point and you fall in the gap. Inside the gap, there is a rising pool of lava. Actually, as a matter of fact it's almost touching the tip of the platform. If you can survive, you can float to the top! You land with a splash.

Endurance roll [2]

To your disappointment you begin to melt. Maybe, a spell can save you! That hope is also crushed when you see your aspect fall into the lava and melt.

"NO! Not like this! I will not submit to the whims of death! I will return, and take my revenge! Derm, find a way to resurrect me. Failing that, make sure that those that made this competition pay for this in blood."

As you draw your last breath, you see a brown floating flame emerge from the lava and begin to fly up. You die before you can see where it goes.

The Manipulator has been struck down.

"HURT THAT GUY WHO ALMOST KILLED ME!!!"
As you are about to try to cast your spell again, the guy who threw the paperweight talks to you.

"Hey you over there, wanna have an alliance, I just "remembered" you from Bakersfieldville, remember  I am Avery, the kid who always burned down your competitors stalls? Sorry about throwing the paperweight at you, I got some words mixed up, want to kill the dude with the bounty on his head."

Huh? What the heck is he talking about. I don't remember any kid from Bakersfieldville. Hmm but maybe I'm just being forgetful. Let me think about this. An alliance could be useful.

Nope, it wouldn't be. THAT BASTARD TRIED TO KILL ME AND I WILL KILL HIM BACK!

"HURT THAT GUY WHO ALM-"

Aspect durabilty roll [1]
Endurance roll [1]

Before you can even finish you sentence your aspect explodes right in your face. The last thing you see before you fall unconscious is a purple floating flame, a bright light, and your severed left arm flying into the chasm.

(Cookies McSalsa is fatally wounded, he will die in 2 turns unless something saves him)

Put shizz in stachel, pull myself up.

You pack you things in order to free your hands and prepare the journey to freedom. And look, it looks like your friend The Manipulator has come to help you.

Manipulator helping roll [1]

And the genius manages to fall in himself. Your hear a sizzling sound. Guess you'll be doing it on your own.

agility roll [5-1 very deeply tipped]

You manage to grab onto ledge. Now to pull yourself up

strength roll [2]

Huff... puff... man this is hard. You manage to maintain your grip, but don't make any progress. But look! The platform is beginning to stabilize. While this is happening, a floating brown flame flies up and then flies into you.

The platform continues to stabilize before it stops at your legs. Guess it still can't support your weight.

What doesn't stop though, is the slowly rising lava. Oh GOD!! LAVA!

Lava avoidance roll [5]

You manage to curl up your legs into a fetal position, buying yourself some more time.

"Well, that was anticlimactic. After surviving a giant paperweight and some sort of smoking thing The Manipulator died by accidentally falling in a pit. Since no one killed him then I guess no one gets the aspect, although I already killed the original owner. Hmm... How about this. I drop the aspect in the middle of the arena and you guys fight for it. That will be entertaining to watch. "

Suddenly a burlap sack falls from the sky and lands with a loud THUD!

"Also, a new mage has arrived"

On the other side of the chasm, a trap door hidden in the ceiling opens up and another burlap sack falls out.

Atrius Tang crawls out and readies his aspect of might (all forms of might, although with a preference for physical strength.)

Suddenly, the second step begins to ooze lava.

Avery, your sphere turns completely black. Not the grey glass that is its natural from, but pitch black.

Auguste Vernier, there is a slight increase in the glowing of your sphere.

Derm, your sphere's glowing intensifies.

Spoiler: The Arena (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

So it's been 3 turns now, do you know what that means? Everyone is now allowed to use Pms. You still have to post something in the main thread and I am quoting pms. Also Beirus, I'll send you the Pm soon.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 11:06:00 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2015, 12:34:50 pm »

If I can, give my aspect to Derm.

"NO! Not like this! I will not submit to the whims of death! I will return, and take my revenge! Derm, find a way to resurrect me. Failing that, make sure that those that made this competition pay for this in blood."

If I can send my aspect to him, add "Take this, and remember that lava is only molten stone. Sift me out, and return me to life, and I shall be forever in your debt. Also, I miscommunicated to my aspect, and it tried to kill you. Sorry about that."

Return as The Rogue.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 08:37:07 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2015, 12:44:22 pm »

I try to wake up. If I succeed, steal an aspect. Any aspect that's close by
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 01:20:12 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2015, 01:00:29 pm »

What will you do after you wake up? You can do something else afterwards if you succeed. Pm me if you want.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2015, 05:05:33 pm »

"Aspect, bequeath upon me a glass of some matter of mass lava nullificating liquid!"

Nullify lava. otherwise pull self up.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2015, 05:28:37 pm »

Do you want to do anything after you pull yourself up? It's perfectly possible for you to do so if you get a good enough roll.

Also sorry for not replying sooner but the manipulator's aspect melted in the lava. He can't give it to you.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2015, 05:54:18 pm »

Go for the bag if I get up, I suppose.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2015, 06:38:04 pm »

((Aspect of Might?  Lame.  I was hoping for the aspect of citrus fruit or something. :P ))

Atrius scrambles to his feet and takes account of the situation.  Dumped into the arena, and it looks like he wasn't at the start of it either.  There was significant damage done to the arena.  And he was isolated on a broken section of the arena.  What a way to go.  Still, he knew there was a chance, if he could win, he could live on.

<To aspect> "Hey Bro, what a situation we've got ourselves in.  First things first, mind giving me the strength to jump across that chasm?"  He points to the chasm to the South.

If it seems like the communication went well, run to the South and then jump Southwest, trying to make the jump across the shorted gap in the chasm on the second floor.  If the jump is short, hopefully it's still close enough to land on the first floor.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2015, 08:40:14 pm »

"Aspect, please temporally reverse creation of the chasm and therefore logically leaving us on the arena floor."
"Or buried underground," says the ghost of the Manipulator, which is hanging around the arena, waiting to be resurrected.

If Derm gets the fire affinity, can he control lava?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 08:43:19 pm by ATHATH »

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2015, 08:46:23 pm »

((The Manipulator died, no one died?))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2015, 09:03:49 pm »

I haven't updated it yet, but yes, he died. Also yes, lava can be controlled at a significant penalty. I'll update it tomorrow. Still waiting on Beirus.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2015, 09:36:46 pm »

I'm doing a thing.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2015, 09:41:43 pm »

I haven't updated it yet, but yes, he died. Also yes, lava can be controlled at a significant penalty. I'll update it tomorrow. Still waiting on Beirus.
Derm, I now beg you to sift through the lava and recover me.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2015, 01:04:31 am »

Waiting on Avery/Hiddenleafguy.

Also sorry for not updating wait list, memorial and the quote yet. I haven't had access to a computer at all today (this is mobile)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13