Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: The Magicians Marathon of Magical Murder: Cuthulu kills everyone  (Read 25100 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Magicians Marathon of Magical Murder: Turn 5 (Derm does not Lava)
« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2015, 06:43:58 pm »

Well actually as the link says, you don't exist anymore. At this stage, not even an aspect of life can bring you back. Also, don't worry. You did not become an unholy abomination based on your backstory. It was for your actions in the arena (even if you did stab a baby).

It will be interesting to see you guys figure out what exactly makes one "unholy". Although it will be even more interesting to see you guys accidentally turn yourselves unholy by mistake. Mwahahahahah!
"What about an aspect of time, paradoxes, non-existence, or replication?"
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 14, 2015, 09:21:45 pm »

((This looks like a lot of fun. Put me on the wait list, please.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 14, 2015, 11:07:59 pm »

"What about an aspect of time, paradoxes, non-existence, or replication?"
Now this is the type of creative thinking that I'm looking for. Unfortunately, the guy with the aspect of time is more interested in going to the future than the past so unless he messes up his pronunciation roll, you probably won't be able to be saved by him. Although he can if he wanted to. But remember, you were the reason why he fell down the chasm in the first place.

Also, the aspect of non-existence probably won't be able to help you since you are essentially asking him to do polar opposite of his domain (he also might not exist based on how I decide to finalize the lore).

The Aspect of Replication won't be able to replicate you because every single trace of you has been destroyed; your body is melted and your soul is obliterated.

The Aspect of Paradoxes does not naturally occur. You will have to create it with the aspect combiner.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2015, 11:59:22 am »

"Hey, um, time guy, my offer from before still stands. You understand why I had to put you in the chasm, right? No hard feelings? "

"Well, the guy with the aspect of non-existence would be able to manipulate non-existant things like me, right?"
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2015, 10:20:20 pm »

IN

Name: De-Farion
Description: A regal man in a blue cloak and old fashioned British General suit, has a British accent, blue eyes, black hair with a goatee

Blue with Red Glow
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2015, 11:51:38 am »

IN

Name: De-Farion
Description: A regal man in a blue cloak and old fashioned British General suit, has a British accent, blue eyes, black hair with a goatee

Blue with Red Glow
"Finally, a gentleman in the arena. Maybe you'll be saner than the rest of the psychopaths in here."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Magicians Marathon of Magical Murder: Turn 6 (A bit of derailing)
« Reply #97 on: August 20, 2015, 06:49:27 pm »

Initiative:

Derm [6]
Auguste Vernier [4]
Cookies McSalsa [3]
Atrius Tang [3]
Avery Protagoniste [1]

"Stairway of cups would be great right about now!"

Attempt to get back to safe ground.
Ok, do you know how to solve this problem?

WITH MORE CUPS!

"Stairway of cups would be great right now!"
Pronunciation roll [4]
Aspect d20 [2+6-1 Sphere deviation -4 complexity]

A single empty cup appears and falls into the lava before it promptly melts.

Well, time for plan B

Strength roll [6+1 height advantage]

Understanding the limitations of your legs, you try a new strategy. You do a handstand on your muscular arms and push yourself off of the ground. Just as according to plan, you are launched in the air.  When you regain your bearings (by performing a somersault to reorient yourself) you notice that you were launched a bit higher than expected. As a matter of fact, you gain a glimpse of what looks like another floor. It also seems like you are able to grab the ledge of it. It's either this or crash into the wall. So...

Agility roll [6]

It's best to grab onto it.

Now what will you do next.?

Auguste offers up a silent prayer to any deities that may be listening and with all of his breath shouts at the top of his voice. "Aspect! Create a portal underneath us that would take us to the arena floor in the near future!"

Desperate times call for desperate measures, it's time to cup your hands and pray.

Prayer roll [6]

To whomever may be listening

Dear God

I know that we haven't seen eye to eye for many years, (you know because I decided to engage in the mortal sin of practicing magecraft) and I just want to say that I'm sorry. For years I've heard stories about how great you are: how you made the world, how you sent down prophets in order to give us invaluable advice, the miracles you made possible, and I want to say, thank you. Thank you for giving me life, thank you for giving me a family, thank you for giving me the opportunities in life that I had, and sorry for throwing that all away just so I could be a little more like you.

Because I decided to practice magic, I lost my family, I lost my job, and currently, I'm about to lose my life. So if you are as kind and loving and forgiving as they say you are, please let the next spell I cast be also yours. And maybe, when I get out of this arena, we can try to resolve the problems that broke us apart in the first place.

After your prayer, you feel a lot more confident. Well, time to see if it worked.

Pronunciation roll [6]

"Aspect! Create a portal underneath us that would take us to the top of the arena in the distant future!"

"That's a *gibberish* actually, that's a good idea! Finally some cleverness. I thought you were a complete idiot."
Understanding roll [4]

aspect d20 [HIDDEN]

Suddenly, a section of the rocky floor is replaced by the image of a blue sky. When you fall through, you are launched high up into the air. It is here where you realize where you are. You are at the top of the arena. It's actually quite majestic up here. Was this was really a work of God or just blind luck?

You finally get to see what the spectator portion of the arena looks like. It looks similar to the interior of a Colosseum but there are a few differences. The main difference is that there is no main seating area on the second floor. Once the initial main seating area is filled, the leftover guests are then forced to sit in box seating. Another noticeable difference is how much smaller the main seating area is when compared to that of regular arenas. These changes were probably put in place to maximize the amount of audience members who are capable of actually watching the action going on down below. After all, the bottom of the arena is deeper than the bottom of that chasm you just fell down.

While admiring the fresh air of freedom, your ascent begins to slow before you are finally brought down to earth by gravity.

Soft landing roll [6]
Innocent endurance roll [4-1 large object]

Thankfully your fall is broken by an innocent bystander. Based on the position of his visible bones and the distinct cracking sound you heard, you assume that you merely broke his rib cage.

"Helllllllp... meeeee"

Unfortunately for him, he seems to still be conscious. Wait, is he coughing blood? Perhaps you should stop sitting on him while guards are patrolling.

Actually, where are the audience members? Why are there only guards here?

Understanding roll [2]
Your aspect begins to make random noises

"HELP, your master in need of aid! Seal my wound with your flame! My life escapes me with each second!"

Should my aspect fail to understand me, stick my gushing stump in the lava to seal the wound, but try to only have my stump burned
Hmmm... master? You like that. It's a nice change of tone from your previous aspect who treated you like someone who belonged in a mental hospital. Perhaps he can fix this dilemma.

With a proud and commanding voice, you say...

Pronuciation roll [6]

"HELP, your master is in need of aid! Seal my bleeding stump with your flame! My life escapes me with each second!"

Like a true General.

Now how does he react?

Understanding roll [5]
"Oh master, I'm sorry for not noticing your condition. I did not know that you were this close to death. How could they be so brutal?! I'll try my best to help."

This is golden.

aspect d20 [3+6-1 sphere deviation-3 complexity+2 dynamic bonus]

Endurance roll [3]

Immediately, your pride is ruined as you yell in horrible pain. Several tiny flames appear and burn your stump before disappearing. Unfortunately, they were too tiny since they didn't seem to do much in stopping the bleeding.

OK, that failed, what else can you do? Well... there is lava nearby.

Endurance roll [5-2 It's freaking lava]

You manage to resist the horrible convection and successfully skim the lava with your stump. As you make contact with the molten rock, your stump ignites and terrible pain circulates through your body. You can't even focus enough to debate the merits of your plan as your thoughts are filled with agony.
(-1 to all actions)

(bleeding has been cured, your stump is now on fire. 1 turn left to extinguish. May I remind you which side of the body the heart is on?)

Suddenly you feel something kick your aspect.

Grip roll [4-1 PAIN]

Unable to hold onto it, it flies in the lava. All you can do is watch in horror as the sphere begins to melt and a red flame emerges. As it begins to fly towards you, it stops and then begins to fly very erratically, like a fly that's trying not to be swatted. It then flies into the man hanging from a ledge before finally disappearing.

So now you are missing a minion... AGAIN!

(Uhh... is you being a ghost a thing?  Also, I'm not really one to use PM's, so don't mind me.)

Atrius looked at his horrifically bulging muscles. Holy crap Atrius thought.  I look totally badass!  Muscle magic is the best magic.

To the Aspect "Thanks man, great job!  Chill for a bit, you earned it! Now it's my turn."

He walks over to Avery and yells "I CAST FIST!" and punches him into the lava.

Pronuciation [5]
Remebering to thank your aspect for his good work, you say,

"Thanks man, great job!  Chill for a bit, you earned it! Now it's my turn."

"Awww, no problem. Can't wait to see what you do next."
Understanding [4]

Yeah what will you do next? Oh look, (well listen actually) is that a wizard that you hear? Perhaps you should go ahead and give him a greeting.

Good idea voice in my head.
I know. No need for flattery.

You emerge from behind your wall only to be faced with an impossibly bright light.

Agility roll [2]
Endurance roll [3]

No matter how muscular you are, you still cannot stare at the sun. You failed to close your eyes in time before you suffered the negative effects. (-1 to all actions that require sight for 2 turns)

Of course eye damage aside, you still have to function with your eyes closed as long as you are facing the light. (dynamic penalty to all actions that require sight)

Now back to that greeting.

"I CAST FIST!"

Atrius to-hit [5-2 Eyes are closed]
Avery dodge [1]

Landing roll [3] (You are rolling this because your eyes are closed so you can't really aim where he lands.)

You feel like you hit something and to your pleasure you hear a sizzling sound. This only makes it more surprising when you also hear a thud.
Suddenly you remember that in order to win this tournament, you need to steal aspects as well as kill mages.

I am going to attempt to confuse my aspect.
"What are you talking about? Why would I be mad at you for a simple misunderstanding? I was cussing in your language out of habit, remember the kids?"

You begin thinking up a master plan of what exactly to say, when suddenly you hear the words "I CAST FIST"

Dodge roll [1]
Edurance roll [2]

You are launched in the air before passing out from the pain one would expect from a punch strong enough to launch someone in the air.

Auguste Vernier, your sphere darkens a bit, but still glows brighter than usual.

Derm, your sphere dims a little.

Atrius, your sphere begins to brighten.

The lava puddle grows even larger.

Derm's giant cup from the previous turn melts away.

Spoiler: The Arena (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gm note (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2015, 07:23:44 pm »

STOP, DROP, and ROLL! Use my robes to smother the flames while doing so!
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2015, 07:53:02 pm »

Climb up again. another cup of acid!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 21, 2015, 04:05:29 pm »

((*Claps wholeheartedly* I didn't actually plan to make the prayer thing do anything, it was just an roleplay thing I threw in, all the same, nice work on writing it up. About my location in the arena, am I actually at the top amongst the audience closest to the (taking your picture as an example,) "roof" Or am I actually at the very top of the arena's wall?))
"Ooh, the future! Do we have hoverboards yet?"

"Well, dang. There goes my chance of resurrection, for now. Derm, you wouldn't happen to have gained the powers of that aspect or something, would you?"

"Weird Omnipresent Entity (WOE, for short), could I ever become an aspect, or are they separate creatures?"

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 21, 2015, 08:43:11 pm »

That Lava is getting close...  Atrius backs away slowly from where he thinks the lava is.  (Also maybe going by any sound or if he can feel the heat.)

"Hey, Aspect, I can't see.  Could you help guide me to the stairs?"

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 21, 2015, 10:46:48 pm »

Pronunciation roll [6]
Understanding roll [6]

"I can see as well as you can. We share senses, remember? Except for pain. No need to bother myself with silly feelings like that. Pain is your responsibility.

Also, you can just turn around in order to see again. Your vision is a bit blurry but otherwise it's fine. The only handicap you have is an inability to look in the paperweights general direction. Of course this means that you still can't look at Salsa Cookies.

You can feel the heat of the lava.

So what is your action?
(For real this time)

((Sorry for not answering your question Sinvara, I'll draw a map tomorrow))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 22, 2015, 01:29:36 am »

((Sure, that's okay.))

Auguste stands up and gets off of the poor crushed person. "Oops, sorry about that."

"Aspect, could you de-age this persons wounds to not exist?"
Inb4 "Aspect, de-age this person into non-existence."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 22, 2015, 05:41:26 pm »

Anyway, finally got around to it and drew the map of the future for Auguste. I can't do an update yet since I'm still waiting for a PM.
Spoiler:  The Future (Floor 1) (click to show/hide)
Here some more knowledge in addition to the stuff I already told you. The innocent man that you crushed is also a guard. He is wearing leather armour, an iron helmet (no faceplate), a leather belt, and simple trousers. He also has a short sword and a scabbard.

While you were flying through the air you noticed several guards patrolling the roof. You could not make out their equipment.

With this newfound information, what is your action?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13