Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: The Magicians Marathon of Magical Murder: Cuthulu kills everyone  (Read 25103 times)

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Magicians Marathon of Magical Murder: Turn 6 (A bit of derailing)
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2015, 08:09:50 pm »

Hmm, wait, DAMNIT INTERNET!! I will get that to you right now!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2015, 10:32:41 pm »

No, it's not you, it's someone else. I might have to drop him since he's currently in a position where he will be VERY easy to drop.

EDIT: Got it, will write update eventually. Still waiting on what will Auguste do with his new information.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 10:34:46 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2015, 01:25:01 am »

Sorry for the double post but I want to know if Atrius and Auguste (Slayer and Sinvara) want to change their actions now that they have new information.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2015, 11:07:59 pm »

Anyway, I am posting one last time in order to understand wether Atrius Tang would like to change his action (if you can even call it an action) now that he has new information.

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 24, 2015, 01:05:46 pm »

Oh, sorry.  Uhhh... Turn away from the light and escape up the stairs.

Lava is bad, mmkay?

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
    • My game dev hobby blog (updates almost never)
« Reply #110 on: August 26, 2015, 02:33:07 am »

((To be added to the waiting list, if you please:

Jax d'Occiden

Billowing cowled silk robes with a turquoise and violet fractal paisley pattern.
  No wonder I got caught! :P))
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Magicians Marathon of Magical Murder: Turn 7 (Time for the next level)
« Reply #111 on: August 27, 2015, 10:37:21 am »

Initiative:

Avery Protagoniste [6]
Atrius Tang [4]
Derm [3]
Cookies Mcsalsa [3]
Auguste n/a

Wake up, then begin searching for my aspect, being wary of a certain blind wizard.

Wake up roll [6]

You spring to your feet and you notice that you are on that central platform again. You know, the one surrounded by lava. More alarmingly though your aspect is missing. With no aspect and no hope to jump across the gap with your natural abilities, you seem to be trapped here. It's quite possible that this is the end.

Well, you had a good li-

Intelligence roll [5]

Wait! This is only a puddle of lava. It's still possible to try to run across. Your legs will be toast but still, it's a chance for survival!

Do you take this chance?

Oh, sorry.  Uhhh... Turn away from the light and escape up the stairs.

Lava is bad, mmkay?
You do exactly that without a hitch. You are currently on the second floor.

Climb up again. another cup of acid!
Strength roll [6]

You pull yourself up and then crawl underneath the guard rail. When you get up, you are surprised by what you see.

Will roll [5]

The third floor is massive, there are no walls to hold you in. Only safety rails to prevent you from falling back into the old arena, but it's not as simple as one could hope. There is still no freedom, the endless darkness will make sure of that. You will come to hate the darkness, but for now it's quite benign.

There are 4 incomplete bridges, your only protectors from a seemingly endless abyss. A rotating metal platform travels counter-clockwise in order to fill the gap between a bridge and the arena. Naturally this means that only one bridge is crossable at a time. The platform is much faster than walking but thankfully not too fast as to throw you off with its centrifugal force. At the end of each bridge is a single torch. They are there to light up the platforms since the sunlight from the surface can't reach them.
  • Across the northern bridge there is a visorless helmet.
  • Across the western bridge, there is a cuirass with pauldrons.
  • Across the southern bridge, there are gauntlets and leggings.
  • Across the eastern bridge, there is a mace, clearly intended to be used against the person who manages to steal the armour first.

With this in mind, you put your hand in your satchel and cast another spell.

Pronunciation [6]
"Another cup of Super acid!"

Aspect d20 [10+6-2 sphere deviation -2 complexity]

"Finally, a success!"
Understanding roll [3]

"You're going to like this."
Understanding roll [4]

You get a simple cup filled with a highly volatile liquid. It's definitely not your average run-of-the-mill sulfuric acid. The smell of it is absolute torture. Maybe it can be used as incense?

You shiver as you hear a bell toll. The question is, for whom?

"Calling all combatants! The third floor has been unlocked! You may now proceed to a new area to kill each other in.

"Originally, we had more complicated plans as to when we were going to unlock that floor. The lava from the first floor was supposed to keep flowing until it was completely submerged. After that, water was going to be dumped from above so the lava would then turn into obsidian; making it safe to walk across. Only then, would we have unlocked the third floor. Unfortunately, when The Manipulator created that ravine, it threw a wrench in our plans since the lava couldn't rise. Now that a mage has managed to climb to the third floor on his own, I have decided to open the floor for all of you.

"Also, we finally decided upon this years victory conditions. This year, it's kill 10 mages and steal 10 aspects."

When the announcer finishes, several trapdoors open up.

STOP, DROP, and ROLL! Use my robes to smother the flames while doing so!

Fire extinguishing roll [6]

You charge towards the wall and ram your flaming shoulder against it. That will teach to stop burning.

Endurance roll [3]

OWWWWWWW... yep, that will definitely teach it to stop burning.

((Sure, that's okay.))

Auguste stands up and gets off of the poor crushed person. "Oops, sorry about that."

"Aspect, could you de-age this persons wounds to not exist?"

Auguste speed [5]
Minotaur speed [6]

Minotaur soft landing roll [1]

Before you can even begin to heal your victim, you suddenly see the Minotaur fly out of you portal and into the air. You then helplessly watch as he falls into the arena probably never to be seen again. You shed a tear... He was too young to die.

Anyway, now back to the guard.

Pronunciation [2]

After a brief apology you begin to spout gibberish. Hmmm... seems like the guard has fallen unconscious. I wonder how long he has left to live?

Auguste Vernier, your sphere continues to glow brighter.

Derm, your sphere is still in it's original state.

Atrius, your sphere is now ever-so brighter than usual.

The lava has almost completely coated the first floor.

Suddenly, trap doors on the ceiling of the second floor open up and stairs fall out. Amusingly, a pair of stairs also fall into the chasm.

Spoiler: The Arena (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gm note (click to show/hide)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 27, 2015, 11:08:57 am »

((Me and another person requested to join the waitlist but haven't been put on it yet.))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 27, 2015, 11:20:42 am »

Fixed. Also did some other book keeping. I really am sorry for these delays.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 27, 2015, 11:22:39 am »

Do a jump run across the lava, heading over, then through the shortest distance to safe ground, then begin running to the nearest stairs.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 27, 2015, 12:18:26 pm »

Run to the next floor, then find yet another aspect.

(I am the Black Knight as a wizard. Tis but a flesh wound)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 27, 2015, 04:32:38 pm »

Toss the aspect into the arena and search for a way to leave.

((You should steal the dead man's clothes so that you fit in more easily.))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 27, 2015, 06:53:59 pm »

run to the rotating platform, and get access to whatever platform I can after.

Also check self for mystery magic powers I may have absorbed without my notice earlier
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 27, 2015, 09:45:13 pm »

"Well, it doesn't look like he's going to live, I did what I could. Aspect, it was nice being with you, but I have ultimately decided to give up on my sorcerous ways, I wish you good luck in the world, and bid you good day."

Toss the aspect into the arena and search for a way to leave.
"Before you throw away that aspect... Res Plz?"

"You wouldn't mind giving that aspect to me when I'm resurrected, would you? I'd take much better care of it than those guys down in the pit would."
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 28, 2015, 12:51:58 pm »

Atrius:Go up the stairs again to the third floor.  Go clockwise (opposite the direction of the bridge) until I reach the rotating bridge.  Try to stop anyone trying to get across (Probably Derm at the moment?).  Grab and punch into submission, rather than knocking them away.

(Or partial action if it's too much for one action)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13