Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Another Evolution Game  (Read 13471 times)

greatorder

Another Evolution Game
« on: July 30, 2015, 06:37:57 pm »

Actual title to be decided. May just stick with this.

Last one I tried just... stopped. I think I lost motivation for it, primarily because I tried drawing. I hate drawing on computers, can only do it when I'm in the mood, and I'm shit at it. Without further ado, lets try again, shall we?

A star had recently formed. There was still a large cloud of hydrogen and helium around it, and an accretion disc made out of dust. There's nothing out of the ordinary about it.
As time went on, the dust began to clump, forming small rocks, that went on to form larger ones and larger ones, until finally a number of dwarf planets were floating around the system. Some were picking up what was left of the gases from the birth of the star, others just kept clumping together more and more and more. It was still an ordinary system. And eventually, there was a point where planets were formed. There were three rocky inner planets, and as many gas giants further out in the system. An asteroid belt existed between the two innermost gas giants, never able to form anything larger than small planetoids due to the gravitational perturbations of the two gas giants it neighboured. The perturbations also resulted in many asteroids getting flung around the star system, going further in, further out, getting caught in orbit or colliding with bodies. Alongside all the other asteroids still floating around getting flung by the planets, a period of bombardment of the inner planets started.
Towards the end of this period, one of the small planetoids was thrown in towards the centre of the system. It was sent into an eccentric orbit of the star, disturbed even further by the three inner rocky planets. Eventually its orbit brought it into a collision with the centremost planet, causing it to throw out a large amount of debris. This spread through the inner system, hitting the two rocky planets, creating a short peak in the bombardment again. However, a lot of this debris stayed in orbit, rapidly coalescing into a small moon around the innermost planet.
Further into the future, as the planets cooled. The initial atmosphere of the rocky planets was lost. The first planet's was replaced with a thin atmosphere, mainly consisting of heavier gasses, the second planet, larger than the first, outgassed a thick atmosphere, mainly of water, carbon dioxide, sulphur and the like. Eventually, the greenhouse effect became extreme, resulting in a planet that was hundreds of degrees Celsius. The third planet out released a similar atmosphere, but far less of it.
Eventually, the surfaces became solid, and whilst the first planet lost all of its tectonic activity fairly rapidly, the second two kept theirs. The second kept producing copious amounts of gas, causing the temperatures to constantly rise, but the third, again, never produced as much. Eventually the thirdmost planet was cool enough to have liquid water fall on its surface for the first time. Water filled with all manner of deadly chemicals, but it was from this that organic molecules appeared. As time went on, this eventually became life. The star system would be marked by this for the rest of its existence...

You're a simple cell. For the past several million years very little has happened. Life, what little of it there is, has gone on, with very little changes. You're sitting in a body of water filled with all kinds of chemicals, ranging from organic to plain elements.

Spoiler: Cell information (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Surroundings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 07:56:36 pm by greatorder »

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
Re: Another Evolution Game
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 06:55:24 pm »

Reproduce!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 07:15:17 pm »

Attempt to feed on the next weird chemical.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 07:23:41 pm »

Obviously i vote for eating chemicals, but:
absorb. Creatures that seem to be consuming chemicals
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 07:30:58 pm »

Evolve a cell membrane that is better at filtering chemicals

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 07:32:22 pm »

. . . Absorb water to strech our primitive membrane a little more
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 08:52:18 pm »

Evolve a cell membrane that is better at filtering chemicals
+1

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 09:41:23 pm »

Begin to work in conglomerates, together with cells alike

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 02:31:47 am »

Improve chemical synthesis capabilities.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 03:19:41 am »

Improve chemical synthesis capabilities.
+1
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 01:04:11 pm »

Well then inefficiently start producing a chemical that would destabilize the membrane of another cell.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2015, 01:08:50 pm »

putuwu

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2015, 02:33:07 pm »

try to eat another cell, again.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2015, 02:53:15 pm »

PtW
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10