Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24

Author Topic: [FEF] - Horrendous Horrible Hurricane IC ~Prologue - Crossing the Border~  (Read 16377 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: [FEF] - Horrendous Horrible Hurricane IC
« Reply #150 on: July 31, 2015, 11:47:04 pm »

"Yes, I was one of his soldiers for a time. I started out in his service as an herbalist, but I made it known I wanted to fight and so eventually I was trained with a sword. After that, I was mostly a skirmisher in battles - neither vanguard nor rearguard - and I tended wounds and sicknesses when needed."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 31, 2015, 11:49:40 pm »

"Healers are never in short need, especially if you marched through Nostor. And... how did you come to join him, if I may ask?"
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 01, 2015, 12:00:32 am »

"I sought him out. He was the leader of a roving militia - essentially, he and his troops would hunt down bandits, exterminate them, and bring everything they had stolen to the nearest town in exchange for food, medicine, shelter for a time, upkeep of weapons and armor... a few other small things if the soldiers required them. It wasn't a large group - not nearly large enough for the task of bringing order back to Nostor - but he had a small amount of notoriety in eastern Nostor. And he was doing the right thing, so deciding to follow him was an easy choice."

As she spoke, she moved her free hand emphatically.

"Of course I had to convince him that I would be useful, but given my upbringing that was an easy task."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 01, 2015, 12:07:19 am »

"A noble group... But, as you know, we met while you were alone. You said it was from personal reasons earlier, but I'm curious."
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 01, 2015, 12:15:12 am »

"I'm sorry to hear that, but I did mean it when I said it was personal. Don't worry. It has nothing to do with my ability to fight or work with a group; I won't be slowing anyone down. And I believe it's my turn to ask a question. You, too, were working alone when we met. Any particular reason why you didn't join your town militia or a group of mercenaries?"

"Before now, I mean."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 01, 2015, 12:47:47 am »

Inido nods.

"I understand. I shouldn't have asked; I apologize."

"That, I... I'm not entirely sure why, myself. I left my family after... After an incident with bandits."

His voice remains unchanged, though his knuckles tighten on the windowsill.

"When I was younger, my father used to travel out and destroy small groups of bandits. Once I left, I did the same. I guess... I must have been too angry, at all the injustice. Innocents suffered every day and the Queen could give two figs about her own country..."

"It was a poor decision on my part, I must say, to do so on my own. Leaving my family was poorly thought, too, but that fact is of no use to me now."

"...I'm sorry, that was... More than you had asked for."
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 12:53:24 am by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 01, 2015, 07:56:07 am »

"A few."
Diana nods to herself, taking in the information, then returns to her book.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 01, 2015, 08:07:24 am »

Ash put a hand on her companion's upper arm.

"No, it's all right. I understand. And I'm sorry that happened to you."

The two of them weren't so different, at that.

"...I guess the only difference between when bandits took our families is when. I never knew my parents. I wasn't even old enough to walk when..."

She trailed off with a gesture from her right hand.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 01, 2015, 08:12:24 am »

"Thank you."

"A shame you weren't able to know them, Ashlyssa. I'm sorry."
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 01, 2015, 08:22:55 am »

"It's all right, but thank you for your sympathies. It's just, when I think of how many other people have lost loved ones..."

"...It makes my blood boil. Nostor ought to be a place where people don't have to live in fear, like the other countries of the world."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 01, 2015, 08:27:03 am »

"The two of us will just have to change that once this job is complete then, won't we? Possibly with the help of the others."
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 01, 2015, 08:29:15 am »

"Agreed. We'll have to do our best."

"It will be good to work together again, Inido."

It was nice to have someone she could trust to watch her blind spots for her around.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 01, 2015, 08:32:02 am »

"It's always better to have someone around you that you know, even if only slightly. You're right."
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 01, 2015, 08:42:32 am »

Ash nodded.

"What do you think of our allies?"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 01, 2015, 08:45:56 am »

"Hm.. The cavalier, pegasus knight and the swordsman, they seem capable. The cavalier especially so. That thief was rather quiet this whole time... I'm not sure about the mage, that... witch doctor, or the priest of... Zathura? Zastura? He seemed a bit strange."
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24