Shadowrun
- 4 (40%)
Paranoia
- 1 (10%)
WarHammer 40k Dark heresy
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Roll20 Game-Shadowrun Next game SEPT 16, 12:00 EST  (Read 7335 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll20 Game-Shadowrun 3/6 First game Tuesday Aug 11, at 11 am EST
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2015, 12:20:50 am »

I am really glad the DM fudged a lot of my sheet mistakes.

Adepts and Wizards sure are sleeping dragons

I do want to clear up some rule things before the next game and I apologize for bringing it up during a game.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:13:30 am by Neonivek »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2015, 08:23:01 am »

I am really glad the DM fudged a lot of my sheet mistakes.

Adepts and Wizards sure are sleeping dragons

I do want to clear up some rule things before the next game and I apologize for bringing it up during a game.
*shrugs*  I used to run a paranoia game quite frequently so I am used to just kinda making up rules and such as I go to be sorted out outside of game :P

Not that I make up rules, that would be treason.

Speaking of which one thing I forgot to mention, your movement allowance is for the entire initiative round.  So you need to keep track of how far you've moved, and if you go over that you start running and then sprinting, taking penalties and having to make run checks to keep going.

Also, piloting multiple drones at once requires pilot/drive checks at penalties to get em to do what you want, unless you have a controller AI to help.  Just try and remind me to ask for skill checks for that sort of thing otherwise I'll probably forget repeatedly ha.
Nom nom nom

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2015, 05:19:52 am »

Ok here are a few things here and there that exist rule wise. It is here to limit the effect on the actual game.

1) Defense Penalties per attack (Pg: 189)
-For each additional attack you receive since your last action phase you get a cumulative -1 penalty. Full defense doesn't negate this, its advantage is that it lasts the entire round.
--This would have definitely have got me beat up a bit.

2) Attacking Multiple Times in a round (PG: 164, 165)
-Even if you fire as a simple action and still have a simple action, it still doesn't give you an extra attack. In otherwords you can only fire once in a round with your full dice.
--It is important that we remember accuracy which is the most successes a weapon can have and our recoils.

Mind you in most cases multiple attacks aren't really something you do unless you have a lot of dice versus a weak target or are using a lot of fire power.

As for the Drones... I have no idea what happened there but here is what I know as far as drones are concerned.

Basically Drones can either act on their own (and they have rules for that), and they can be "Jumped into" which has other rules. If the drone is simply being commanded than it uses its own stats and not that of its owner.

>_< but that is it... the Drones was a weird section.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 05:56:40 am by Neonivek »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2015, 02:17:10 pm »

Yeah, I was beginning to regret going as a rigger once I had to start twisting my head around the drone combat rules. That's basically my own takeaway: you can sleeve into one and run it like a vehicle you're decked into and run the rest with their base stats via command. Not really sure how that translates into stat bonus/maluses. SR's pretty much my nightmare of convoluted and unclear rulesets.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2015, 02:19:32 pm »

Well, when the rest run off commands then they just use their own stats.  So there's very little bonus/malus it's just hard-set.  Sleeving is what I was technically having you do for every single one where you use your own firearms/pilot groundcraft/ect skills.
Nom nom nom

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2015, 02:37:29 pm »

Ah. 'cause I'm pretty sure but not certain that I might not be allowed to do that. IDK. :|

3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2015, 02:51:41 pm »

Well a Drone itself can have TWO autosofts (specifically a Drone can load autosofts equal to its pilot rating divided by two).

The Drone can get Targeting software 269-270 as well as maneuvering software and all that... (Targeting is weapon specific and Manuvering is Robot specific)

That is just what they can have installed right into them. You can also use your RCC to have more autosoft programs. Drones always use their own autosofts first and then your RCCs loaded autosofts (Honestly I am not sure why they don't use the better one)

Drones also receive commands as a simple action.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 11:16:37 pm by Neonivek »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2015, 09:33:25 am »

Just a reminder, game starting in 30 minutes or so.  As no one said they can't make it I hope to see all you lovely shadowrunners here :D
Nom nom nom

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2015, 09:58:56 am »

I'm sorry, I can't make it. I'm still having problems with my headphones, and I don't want to keep you from using microphones.

I'm sorry for letting you know so late, but I today felt so much like Monday.
Love, scriver~

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2015, 01:20:53 pm »

So, to recap: We murdered an entire church worth of people for admittedly semi-justified reasons, looted their bodies, accidentally created some weird-ass rift that made it start snowing, and drove off with the kids that were part of the Easter celebration we crashed, as well as the troll we were supposed to rescue. And none of that was my fault apart from killing pretty much the entire congregation after combat started. Yay!

3. Run Resize Enable

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2015, 01:44:27 pm »

You lot need some less-than-lethal rounds.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2015, 02:30:54 pm »

Aaand then we had them mindwiped, discovered that they're magically potent, and handed them over as the start of a tribe for a crazy possessive corrupted water spirit to avoid having to live in a park for the rest of our lives. Not setting up our own fall at all, no sir.  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2015, 03:31:19 pm »

-admittedly semi-justified reasons-

Semi-justified? They were cultists of a preacher preaching a message of extreme intolerance to metahumanity, who were also starving kidnapped, magically mesmerized metahumans out in a confessional area (and had, in fact, killed all but the lady we were there to rescue in this fashion), their priest had sinister fire spirits guarding his body at all times, fell upon a dagger and sacrificed himself to become a big flaming pseudoangel thing.

In the meantime, the cultists themselves continued their ritual mindlessly, bringing a coffin with two children in it to the altar (at no point did they try to get on the ground, run away, surrender or even say as much as a polite "don't kill us" as well as fell upon well-armed gunner robots en-masse, trying to beat it down with their bare hands and eventually succeeding). One of them got shot dead, and another just jumped over to keep hauling the coffin. Let's face it, these guys were pretty damn insane and probably actively harmful to society, at least while the priest was still around, regardless of whether their intended highly suspicious-looking ceremony was ultimately harmless or not.

Of course, their tortured souls are still going to populate the area for years to come, and the magic in the area's going to get corrupted over the years by their psychokinetic presence, to say nothing of the rift that got ripped open over there, but hey, can't win 'em all.

We did also hand the kids over to a new home, which happened to be the seemingly reformed pollution spirit who used to be terrorizing a neighborhood but now happens to lead the spirits of Middlesex Fells Reservation in a bid to make the locals respect the land again (all made possible through our efforts). This will probably turn out not very well for the Greater Boston area, considering the forest is becoming... kinda primeval and forbidding in that area, but hey, at least the spirits there'll appreciate it a lot!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 03:55:26 pm by Harry Baldman »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2015, 04:14:13 pm »

Yeah, it's like... One place is now a haunted shithole centered on a dimensional rift, but the other is now inhabited by peeved spirits we managed to talk down (and a pair of budding magicians whose mind-wipes will hopefully hold) who turned the wildlife sanctuary and water reservoirs into a magical Black Forest.

I said semi-justified because, yes, in hindsight it was more or less okay to kill them, but we basically went in and concluded, "Hey, these guys are kinda jerks and look kinda shady, let's kill 'em all!"

3. Run Resize Enable

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2015, 04:29:39 pm »

I said semi-justified because, yes, in hindsight it was more or less okay to kill them, but we basically went in and concluded, "Hey, these guys are kinda jerks and look kinda shady, let's kill 'em all!"

Oh! Well, that makes sense. They had shit loot so you could say we got our comeuppance for that hasty decision, though.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8