Shadowrun
- 4 (40%)
Paranoia
- 1 (10%)
WarHammer 40k Dark heresy
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll20 Game-Shadowrun Next game SEPT 16, 12:00 EST  (Read 7319 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll20 Game-Shadowrun Next game SEPT 16, 12:00 EST
« on: July 29, 2015, 04:31:02 pm »

So since the voting was split between shadowrun and dnd5e with slightly more interest from me as a gm in Shadowrun, that's what we'll be doing barring anyone changing their minds now :P

Still open to more players, will take up to 6 people. (With 4 tentative yes's so far.)

Will update with more information soonish.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 10:06:12 am by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

also if theres another rpg you'd like to play thats not on the list feel free to ask.
Nom nom nom

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!

What's the Shadowrun d20 like?
Regards,
Dampe

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's extremely close to the modern shadowrun video games actually.  Lot of the spells/charcter abilities/equipments are the same and the worlds are identical.

It does suffer a bit from 'roll a stack of dice' syndrome but r20 handles that pretty well.

For a more general answer Shadowrun-Is a cyberpunk game where the players play as people called shadowrunners who complete less than legal jobs for money.  The world is moderately dystopian with corporations owning huge tracks of land, and even people.  However this is a large influnce of magic in the world as well regardless of the cybertech, where players can be elves, orcs, trolls, fairies and other creatures with massively diverse schools of magic.

Nom nom nom

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I'd be interested in Shadowrun, but I don't have any of the books and have never played before. Before I vote, what style of Paranoia do you run, Straight, Classic, or Zap?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It would be split between straight or classic.  I am a bit of a fan of the dark as Shadowrun/dark heresy on there might attest ha.

Also has for not having books, I can get books for people.  Not playing before is also not a huge issue as I chose those due to personal familiarity, so I can easily help you learn during the games.
Nom nom nom

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Interested, pending timeslot, but they seems mostly allright. I voted 5th Ed and Shadowrun.

What's Mongoose's Traveller like, by the way?
Love, scriver~

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

I might be interested in a spot of Shadowrun, though I haven't played that before. I assume I can get all the stuff I need myself, too.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well for that we'd need to discuss what sort of campaign you would like to play.  But otherwise the mechanics and character creation choices in it are insanely detailed.  it also has 'tech levels' so that you can choose how distant of a sci-fi game you'd like to play from fusion generators and unstable warp drives all the way up to instantaneous jump drives, psionics and the ability to transfer ones mind into a robot leaving no biological matter in your new body.

So what sort of characters you'd want to play, and in what technological era would vastly change the game, the books are just bare bones mechanics and character creation (in approximately 12 books, they are split nicely into specific types of games/characters and tech periods though.)  so if you wanted to be salvagers running in a rickety, unreliable old ship or galactic navy with the best gear being dropped head first into massive planetary battles or anything else in between we could make it happen!

I might be interested in a spot of Shadowrun, though I haven't played that before. I assume I can get all the stuff I need myself, too.
It's not hard to find the core book/and any splats you personally would be interested in using.
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So it's looking like a 4-4 split for dnd5e and shadowrun.  Still looking for more players of course but what is everyones thoughts on time as of yet?
Nom nom nom

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Consider that when people say they're interested, you can count on about half of them being sufficiently interested and able.

D&D is easy, Shadowrun is relatively niche, and games for it are considerably rarer. You can count on the fact that the audience for both won't overlap much. I think Shadowrun's going to get more interested players, though, largely on account of its relative rarity. D&D 5e probably needs a catch to get much in the way of genuine interest.

I'd be up for either, as mentioned, so you have one player somewhat guaranteed.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am sufficiently (:P) interested in both of them.  But as said, I'm pending timeslot deciding, as I am a filthy Euronavian.
Love, scriver~

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok but what timeslots would work for you scriver?

Also, harry, scriver and neonivek (who told me via steam he'd play) would mean we'd have at least 3 for either game.  Which is (probably) enough people regardless, I may gmPC if it proves not to be enough till we got a 4th though.
Nom nom nom

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The advertised times would work, but if we start more than a couple of hours later than 11 (your time) I could probably only do Wednesdays.
Love, scriver~

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd also prefer times closer to 11 AM your time, which'd be about 6 PM in my climes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8