Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31

Author Topic: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Mission II!]  (Read 55766 times)

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Inter-Mission]
« Reply #420 on: January 06, 2016, 11:34:20 am »

((Oh, and that may have seemed a bit selfish, sorry, I would also like to state that you better not die, because I love your game, and by extension you... not in a weird way, but as a person.))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 06, 2016, 11:41:13 am »

Name: "He never told us its name, so we call it 'Bob'"
Description (optional):"... I dunno! Its massive and wears a cloak?"
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 06, 2016, 11:46:25 am »

((Evil Roy's indeterminate relative?))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 06, 2016, 11:52:21 am »

((I tried to get this guy in when the game first began, but it got completely ignored, to the point of not being on the waitlist. Thought I'd give it another shot.))
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 06, 2016, 11:54:16 am »

((Now that is unfair. You should ask Hellhound for your proper spot (which is number 4)))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 06, 2016, 01:26:16 pm »

Oh okay

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 06, 2016, 02:58:26 pm »

Hmm. I'm not sure how I missed that. Several times. You must've rolled some kind of [Invisible] tag. I'll add you somewhere on the list when I have more time and energy for anything.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 17, 2016, 01:10:24 pm »

I am broken and tired but here's an update! Salsacookies has been added to 6. on the waitlist, after the other first applicants who didn't get in.
---

Evil Roy
Evil Roy puts on the Rulebreaker Suit, having nowhere in particular to hurry to anyway. Not like there's any better place to put it as of yet. Does it slow him down in any considerable way, provided he's not trying to run around or anything?

Evil Roy takes a last-minute stroll in the Rulebreaker Suit around the floor of the Hall. His trip starts off slow - slightly above walking speed. The uncomfortable metal coffin he's strapped himself into propels itself with small thrusters which don't do much for forwards movement - although there are side thrusters which allow quick, if unsteady, sideways bursts. Travelling like that without feeling like an idiot might be a little problematic, but it should allow for decent dodging, at least. In general, the thing has decent turning and can even accelerate a little, though it's still below his running... or running-equivalent... speed.

[2] A few minutes into the attempt, there's a click and the left-leg thruster begins to heat up. Before Evil Roy can check what's going on, the thruster explodes into full output and the hero suddenly finds himself hurtling through the air pulled by his own fiery leg. He tries to regain control, [6] and manages to shut down the offending thruster before he's accelerated into a splat on the far wall. Momentum still carries him in several spins through the air and into a nasty crash. Fortunately, he manages to kick in the suit's other thrusters to slow himself down before hitting the ground. Evil Roy suffers nothing worse than some scrapes on the exosuit. The warbling, arhythmic music might be giving him a headache, though.

---
Spoiler: Evil Roy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Evil Roy's Vehicles (click to show/hide)

All

Their Fabrications and experiments done, our Heroes gather once more in the meeting room before the Teleportation Deck. Lux and General Tullion's face are there ready to greet them.

'Ah, you're all here. Well-rested and grieved and all, I assume? Splendid! Now! You did well on your previous mission, more or less. Now's time for something a little different. Lux!'

An image appears in the corner of the screen, depicting a fat blue humanoid with white-spotted skin and bulbous dark eyes holding pupils like iridescent opals. The alien's gaze just radiates disdain. Those with knowledge of such things have a sneaking suspicion that the picture has been altered to look more ominous than it is.

Tullion continues. 'The word of the day is 'ASSASSINATION'! We want you- wait, it isn't? But I thought... oh, right. Humm. The word of the day is 'INDIVIDUAL PACIFICATION'! This scumbag is Augorr Authomec, death merchant, slaver and retired tyrant! He's behind years of bloodshed, oppression and Injustice! Now, he's been cast down from his dark throne and is holed up on the planet of Oublenmach - the bastard's bought up half the city block to hide in. Well, we won't let him escape Justice. Now, the jackass is slippery, so we don't know exactly where he is, only where he's been spotted last. We want you to go to Oublenmach, find Augorr, and kil- permanently pacify him with any means necessary. I have absolutely all faith in your success.'

The General makes to turn but pauses, grimacing. He looks back at the Heroes. 'Oh, yeah. One more thing. There's someone else gunning for the guy too, a hired killer, name of Eclipse. He's got a job from one of Augorr's victims to assassinate him, and he is one mean son of a bitch. Needless to say, we can't let him steal our kill. Why, then it wouldn't be JUSTICE anymore, just ordinary REVENGE. Or God forbid, BUSINESS.'

Tullion smiles widely. 'But I'm sure you'll manage. He can't be too much of a bother for Heroes of your caliber. Dismissed!'

The screen cuts off, leaving the door to the Teleport Deck open and Lux ready to answer any questions.

---
Spoiler: Speaks (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: London Tanner (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: London's Vehicles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crit (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crit's Vehicles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Evil Roy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Evil Roy's Vehicles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Erin Strand (click to show/hide)

---
@Toaster: The Dust is good for as long as it is, ie, a semi-arbitrary amount. If you use it a lot on a mission, I'll make sure you know in advance that you're running out. You might be asking 'why don't you just assign a number?' and well... I will, if you want to. There's not much difference between some Other Equipments and Consumables, anyway. Oops.

Feel free to repeat questions I don't answer. I usually forget to answer at least a few every time.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 01:12:15 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 17, 2016, 01:13:28 pm »

Aah no Crit wasn't done fabricating! Crit beeps and runs off to fabricate a last minute weapon and armour if he still can.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 17, 2016, 02:01:20 pm »

Aah no Crit wasn't done fabricating! Crit beeps and runs off to fabricate a last minute weapon and armour if he still can.

Sure, I'm always happy to generate things. I kinda figured people would've posted any acts they still wanted in, you know, these two weeks of time, though. :D

---

Crit

Alarmed by the approach of the next mission, Crit rushes off back to the Fabricator for some last-second purchases. He inputs a Token for a Weapon first. The Fabricator hums in a pleased manner to be used once more. [11 - Launcher] Purple lightning crackles across the machine's surface. [3 - Four Effects] [Excitement] [Quiet] [Glow] There's a 'pop!' of displaced air and a small garishly-colored tube thuds to the floor. It takes Crit a moment to find the trigger, and the whole thing is so light it feels more like a toy than a weapon. The description follows.

Spoiler: Glowstick Gun (click to show/hide)

Next up is some protection. Crit hopes for armor as he inputs his last Token into the Fabricator. [2 - Armor Type] The robot is rewarded with [4 - Four Effects] [Grave] [Jade] [Agility] [Haunted] an ornate jade suit of armor with a stylized face plate showing a screaming demon of some kind. It thunks to the floor before him in standing position, towering over the smaller robot, though it should still be wearable with a little shaking and stretching.

Crit eyes the suit for a moment, admiring the details and beautiful craftsmanship. There are gemstones embedded into the jade, emblems and patterns carved across the plates. There's even a jewelled scabbard for a sword, should Crit ever get his hands on one worthy of it. Finally, Crit's attention turns to the description.

Crit would gladly read on, but at this point he hears a dreadful howling sound and a clang of metal from right behind him. He whirls around to see his new armor glow with purplish light and rise to loom over him.

'WHO DARES?' a resonant, ethereal voice erupts from its depths and the Jade Emperor takes a heavy, threatening step towards the poor little robot.

Spoiler: Crit (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crit's Vehicles (click to show/hide)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 17, 2016, 03:29:35 pm »

Crit posts This image on his screen, plays This song, and starts dancing.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 17, 2016, 06:27:12 pm »

Crit posts This image on his screen, plays This song, and starts dancing.
WHAT THE
WHAT?????

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 17, 2016, 06:42:56 pm »

I really have no idea what I was thinking there. Painkiller induced LOLrandom. The more sensible and in character thing to do would be running back to the rest of the party for support. Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........................................................I'll keep it. Glitch in Crit's programming or something.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 06:51:48 pm by NAV »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 17, 2016, 07:42:30 pm »

I really have no idea what I was thinking there. Painkiller induced LOLrandom.

Painkiller induced? Did you break your leg or something? (In real life, that is)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 17, 2016, 07:43:47 pm »

((I'm thinking video game Painliller.))
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31