Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31

Author Topic: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Mission II!]  (Read 55793 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Inter-Mission]
« Reply #375 on: December 25, 2015, 11:49:20 am »

((Crit's HP says 28/28. Did he permanently lose 2 HP?))

Yes, but it might be a bit too much (then again, you did roll a 1 and failed to mitigate the damage with that 2). It's not unrepairable with the proper effort.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 25, 2015, 11:55:02 am »

I don't see why it was permanent, how it was any different than any other damage. Unless all damage done at base is permanent?

Oh well. It could be worse.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 25, 2015, 12:03:27 pm »

I don't see why it was permanent, how it was any different than any other damage. Unless all damage done at base is permanent?

It's a bit iffy, I admit. I think I might just change it to a larger amount of regular damage. None of this happened, courtesy of space magic.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 25, 2015, 12:18:41 pm »

Alright thanks.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 25, 2015, 03:00:48 pm »

Evil Roy deems this hall just as acceptable as the other one.

He then gets some much-needed R&R. Surely more fabrication can wait until the mission parameters are discovered.

... well, maybe 1 weapon! He buys one more weapon for 1 token. Can never have enough weaponry.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 25, 2015, 03:01:10 pm »

Go to the Fabricator, get a protection item.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 28, 2015, 04:10:18 pm »

Speaks
"Grand!  A fair payment for justice served and a task accomplished.  I suppose now we shall appropriate more equipment from the Fabricator technological wonder?"

Charge up the TerrorPorter in the appropriate charge slot.

Then let's hit up the Fabricator for another Protection and let's also grab a Wearable.

The satisfied Speaks seeks out the Fabricator, making a slight detour on the way to find a charge slot for the Terrorporter. Lux guides him to a tiny maintenance room with direct access to the ship's power core, which has more than enough kick to restore the Terrorporter to working condition. Speaks makes a mental note of this room's location later. You know, just in case.

Then he proceeds to the Fabricator and kicks in his Tokens. [2 - Armor Type] 'Protection' yields an almighty rumble that emanates from the machine's innards, shaking him to the bones. [1 - One Effect] Purple light dances in the air. [Christian] A holy light blares out of the Fabricator and angelic trumpets blare in Speaks' hearing. He's stunned for a moment and comes to with a white garment in his arms, with a stiff white collar. He reads the description.

Spoiler: Fireproof Cassock (click to show/hide)

Speaks marvels at this... strangely familiar-seeming garment. He feels undeniably Catholic and has the strangest urge to perform mass, despite being a saurian alien with little knowledge of human religion. Feck!

Rather distracted, he puts in the next Token, for Wearable. [5 - Handwear] [1 - One Effect] [Dinosaur] There's a hiss and a burst of tropical air and Speaks finds himself looking at a pir of gloves of... what... alarmingly looks like leather made out of the flesh of his species. The description disproves that, but it still doesn't make it look any nicer:

---
Spoiler: Speaks (click to show/hide)

London Tanner
London can't help but swell up with pride. She gives Crit a quick hug, then runs off to the Fabricator with a glint in her eye.

She punches in four of her tokens, then selects Weapon, Protection, Wearable, and Drug after a moment of hesitation.

((Happy holidays, everyone.))

Happy late holidays, y'all.

The bravest of the brave heroes, London Tanner, gets to the Fabricator after Speaks. She's after a Weapon first, and [1 - Bow] is rewarded with a flash of light and a wild rattling sound from the machine. [2 - Two Effects] [Singing] [Insect] A strange bow made up of light, segmented parts drops into her hands along with ammo that, on closer inspection, prove to be swarms of dormant insects stuck together in organic arrowheads. She reads the description.

Spoiler: Sungwood Bow (click to show/hide)

Huh. London goes for another item of Protection next. [1 - Shield Type] The machine hums and clangs, [1 - One Effect] hisses and growls, before manifesting a [Law] huge book that thuds to the floor with a metallic clang. The book is black, with silver edges, thick as hell, and only has one word on the cover in shiny silver: 'LEX'.

Spoiler: Legal Protection (click to show/hide)

Strapping the heavy lawbook on her chest - it clicks on with a magnetic seal - London decides to try Wearable next.

[2 - Jewelry] [4 - Four Effects] The Fabricator produces this item quickly, with a puff of light and smoke. [Fairy] [Drama] [Despair] [Post-Apocalyptic] A necklace with a deep, dark stone that seems to swirl with energy drops into her hands. It seems to carry a weight greater than its physical parts. She looks up for the explanation.

Spoiler: Faer Tragedie's Secret (click to show/hide)

Last, but not least, London indulges in her drug habit. [6 - Eyedrops] A little tube of murky liquid appears in the air before her. [3 - Addictive] [2 - Withdrawal lasts for 3 turns.] [1 - Effects last for 1 turn.] She takes it in her hand. [2 - Two Effects] [Dinosaur] [Incapacitating] It has no instructions, and there's again no description - but likely it's some nice, recreational drug that'll be perfectly safe to use. Maybe she could ask Lux.

---
Spoiler: London Tanner (click to show/hide)

Crit
Crit follows London and Speaks to the fabricator. As seems to be popular, he orders 1 wearable and 1 protection.

Next is Crit, still adamantly refusing to order Weapons for reasons of its own. Wearable [2 - Jewelry] produces a [2 - Two Effects] [Black Hole] [Game] an ordinary-looking little ring with a stone of deep, deep black. Huh.

Spoiler: Endgame Ring (click to show/hide)

Well. Best not drop it.

Next, Crit goes for a little more Protection. [3 - Other Type] A burst of wild energy shoots out from the Fabricator and bounces around before materializing into a [1 - One Effect] [Communist] dull glass bottle full of greenish liquid. Crit reads the description that appears.

Spoiler: Spirit of 1871 (click to show/hide)

Splendid! Or it would be, if Crit had any organic components to process this with. There appear to be some downsides to life as a robot.

---
Spoiler: Crit (click to show/hide)

Evil Roy
Evil Roy deems this hall just as acceptable as the other one.

He then gets some much-needed R&R. Surely more fabrication can wait until the mission parameters are discovered.

... well, maybe 1 weapon! He buys one more weapon for 1 token. Can never have enough weaponry.

The pleased Evil Roy is next, returning from the Transport Hall. He is in the mood for some implement of death, and enters a Token. [10 - Explosives] [3 - Three Effects] [Self-Damaging] [Pigeon] [Revolutionary] After a little whirring and a little humming, the Fabricator deposits a pack of egg-like devices in his appendages.

Spoiler: Peace Pigeons (click to show/hide)

Ah. That may be... problematic.

---
Spoiler: Evil Roy (click to show/hide)

Erin Strand
Go to the Fabricator, get a protection item.

Last but not least is Erin Strand, who has a mighty hunger for more Protection. [2 - Armor Type] [3 - Three Effects] There's a sound like two thousand fog horns and one drawn-out beep, and the Fabricator spits out a suit of armor [Worship] [Teeth] [Special] made entirely out of countless sharp fangs linked together. Assuming one doesn't stab themselves putting it on, it looks fairly durable.

Spoiler: Sacred Fang Mail (click to show/hide)

---
Spoiler: Erin Strand (click to show/hide)

---
In the future, try not to spend so many Tokens at once good god that's a lot of generation ;_;. I may institute some limit on how much stuff you can carry around at any given time.

To clarify, the Spirit of 1871 may be used once, upon which it will grant those effects permanently.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 28, 2015, 04:21:52 pm »

Take off the awful Armor of the Pariah, put on the new armor. Then, 1 token into Weapons.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 28, 2015, 05:44:06 pm »

((Is the Spirit current HP or max HP?  I'm assuming current, because otherwise that'd be pretty nuts.

And lots of tokens means lots of generation, since almost all things cost a single token.  Maybe a way to spend more at once besides the occasional vehicle?))

If he was at his planet of origin, Speaks would undoubtedly destroy these gloves with extreme prejudice.  On the road, however, he might as well keep them; like the Dazzle Suit, who knows when it might prove useful.

"Fascinating gear, good Lux!  Might I inquire as to any other places to spend these tokens?  I feel I could make far more gear than I could transport effectively!  Do we have lockers to store excess?"

Talky turn to give the GM a break
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 28, 2015, 08:51:35 pm »

Knowing that London likes drugs, communism, and fighting things, Crit holds out the Spirit of 1871 to her while a picture of a fabricator token flashes on his screen.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 28, 2015, 08:57:46 pm »

London gleefully takes the alcohol from Crit and places a fabricator token in his open hand. "Thanks, little guy. Maybe we can share it with our Russian pals if we ever meet 'em again."

She takes a moment to secure her new toys, but the Despair Stone brings her pause.

"Hey, ah, Roy? Ya want this thing? Ah'm not sure what ta do with it, myself."

((Sorry for dumping all of those on you at once, Hellhound. Next time around I'll drop them all on a ship.))

EDIT:
((Twinwolf, would you be interested in trading the Sacred Fang Mail for the Legal Protection?))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 29, 2015, 01:38:15 am »

Being somewhat disappointed with the fabrication machine lately Crit runs off the the vehicle room. He runs back with an idea and taps London on the shoulder. His screen shows five hands. One lizard, two human, one robot, and one purple tentacle. Each has a token in it (except for the robot which has two). Then the picture switches to some sort of futuristic armoured personnel carrier.

((We should all pitch in to buy a large vehicle.))
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 02:05:06 am by NAV »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 29, 2015, 04:08:48 am »

London gleefully takes the alcohol from Crit and places a fabricator token in his open hand. "Thanks, little guy. Maybe we can share it with our Russian pals if we ever meet 'em again."

She takes a moment to secure her new toys, but the Despair Stone brings her pause.

"Hey, ah, Roy? Ya want this thing? Ah'm not sure what ta do with it, myself."

((Sorry for dumping all of those on you at once, Hellhound. Next time around I'll drop them all on a ship.))

EDIT:
((Twinwolf, would you be interested in trading the Sacred Fang Mail for the Legal Protection?))

Evil Roy seems quite intrigued, mentioning something about wonderful symmetry and perhaps also powerful synergy - it would depend on how magic works, for one. How would she feel about receiving some Peace Pigeons in return?

Although it does occur to him that he has never properly introduced himself, either. So before any trade can occur, he performs a recital of his full name.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 29, 2015, 09:29:58 am »

How would she feel about receiving some Peace Pigeons in return?

"Looks like yer gettin' tha short end of tha deal, Mr. Roy, but if ya feel like gettin' rid of them..."

London holds the Despair Stone out to Evil Roy.

((The General introduced everyone when we were teleported in, but I appreciate the musical reminder. Is Roy's biology so strange that he can create a full range of synthesizer sounds? :p))

Being somewhat disappointed with the fabrication machine lately Crit runs off the the vehicle room. He runs back with an idea and taps London on the shoulder. His screen shows five hands. One lizard, two human, one robot, and one purple tentacle. Each has a token in it (except for the robot which has two). Then the picture switches to some sort of futuristic armoured personnel carrier.

Temporarily distracted with her trading, London doesn't notice Crit until he taps her on her shoulder. Once he relays his plan, though, she quickly grows excited with the plan.

"Hell, I'll throw down fer that! I'll put two of my tokens, too; all we gotta do now is find someone else ta lend us the last ones."

((Hooray guys! It finally snowed here!))

((Hah! Are you in New York? My dad is and he just got the first snowstorm of the winter.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 29, 2015, 10:04:14 am »

((The General introduced everyone when we were teleported in, but I appreciate the musical reminder. Is Roy's biology so strange that he can create a full range of synthesizer sounds? :p))

It's difficult to say, really. But usually people just call him Evil Roy because of time constraints.

Evil Roy trades the possibility of drone warfare for the stone! Surely this is an amazing trade.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31