Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31

Author Topic: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Mission II!]  (Read 56017 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Mission: Sky Nazis!]
« Reply #195 on: September 11, 2015, 01:18:15 pm »

Rest in peace Vissilik you truly were a genius beyond your time. Too bad no one was there to witness and remember that duel.

It was playing on one of the camera feeds in Security all this time, so you might've seen a part of it, if you like.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Mission: Sky Nazis!]
« Reply #196 on: September 11, 2015, 06:31:36 pm »

Name:joe guinson
Gender male

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 11, 2015, 06:51:03 pm »

New character submission because why the hell not. This should be more acceptable in any event.
Spoiler: Char Sheet (click to show/hide)
As for when people actually join, why not make it take a couple/a few turns? Turns they can use at the dispensers. We'll say the teleporter is expensive to run, so they wait a bit to see if anyone else dies first, I suppose. And then they send all the replacements at once I guess.

Hmm. Alternatively, new people spawn on the ship ala Einsteinian Roulette, and they can use their tokens while they wait? On ship interaction could derail the hell out of the thread though so maybe not?

Do whatever honestly, its your game. Now that items can actually be picked up in the field, its not as bad as it could have been if people get sent in without gear.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage RTD [Signups!]
« Reply #198 on: September 11, 2015, 06:52:46 pm »

I'm on the waitlist up next, so reposting my sheet for convenience.

Spoiler: Application (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 12, 2015, 02:03:08 am »

((Ah, truly tragic, but so it is for True HeroesTM.

Plus I have the best backup.))

Name: Vissilik VARR-6 (Vile Alien Reich Reclamation, Sixth Iteration (Final))
Gender: The narrative should probably be reflecting on its decisions in life, most immediately why it bothered killing this thing in the first place if it was just going to bring it back as a Nazi superweapon. Also is this supposed to be a good guy? I mean...
Description (optional):

((In keeping with tradition, I'd intended to do one arm as cybernetic as well, but ran out of effort for that same as with the original. Twould seem alien limbs defy description!

Anyway, hope nobody minds that I completed the mission and/or killed everyone before dying to my own hubris and greed. Good luck!))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 12, 2015, 03:44:53 pm »

((Arrg, poor Vissilik! May his memory live with us all!))

((Noooo!  His antics will be remembered.  I'd say we've got this reasonably under control, and we can push on as is.))

((Says the guy in the balloon of explosive gas careening dangerously into another, larger balloon of explosive gas.))

((I'm mostly in accord with Toaster; I was always under the impression that missions were do-or-die.

Plus, these blimps are only blimp-shaped out of some retro-future fashion statement rather than purpose. Most of the ship's stuff is actually inside the balloon.

Not that a collision would be a good thing, mind you, but instant detonation probably won't happen.))

Anyway, hope nobody minds that I completed the mission and/or killed everyone before dying to my own hubris and greed. Good luck!))

((We're not dead yet! Besides, you died as any RTD player would want to; in the thick of things, stabbed in the back by a bunch of 1s.))

London takes a quick look at the security screens and is instantly drawn to the hangar bays.

"Hey, y'all, wasn't there a whole fleet of these things out there? Ah found some records in the medbay and they say we ain't on the Germania. If we capture those birds we could try to find it."

As the ship trembles, London looses her balance and falls into the wall.

"Hey now, is the ship supposed t'be acting like this?"

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 13, 2015, 09:06:16 am »

((Ah, truly tragic, but so it is for True HeroesTM.

Plus I have the best backup.))

Brilliant. I hope we'll get to see Vissilik's glorious return.

@Ruludos: Do you have an action yet or are you waiting for your teammates to reply?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 13, 2015, 04:26:00 pm »

((No action this turn. Just waiting for someone with a bit more spine to call the shots; carry on.))

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 13, 2015, 04:59:54 pm »

Evil Roy
Evil Roy affably compliments the robot's healing prowess, recommending that he consider a career in medicine with magic hands like that, approvingly patting him on the back with a slightly bloodstained appendage.

Evil Roy tries to locate a window and take a look outside.

Perhaps alarmed by the shaking and quaking of the ship, Evil Roy locomotes out of Security and onto the ship hallways, looking for some sort of viewport outside. His wandering leads him closer to the Bridge-end of the ship and to a corridor that seems to run close to the hull wall. A deep, slightly dusty window dominates the corridor wall and he takes in the view; majestic clouds, smoke-swept plains below, patches of startling blue sky - and more Nazi zeppelins of various sizes. Their own airship appears to be tilted strangely to the side, and, rather more alarmingly, fast approaching the enormous bulk of the largest zeppelin, the one he recognizes from the briefing.

[5] The bigger airship, the Germania, appears to be embarking upon evasive manouevers, but it seems doubtful that will buy this ship more than a few additional minutes. Many agitated shouts and sounds of working come from the direction of the Bridge. Occasionally, there is a violent shudder of the ship's frame and a corresponding shaking of the view outside.

---
Spoiler: Evil Roy (click to show/hide)

Speaks, Crit and London
"Mmm, yes, I suppose.  But do not forget; if you betray us, we will visit upon you a fate worse than your compatriot here.  A terror of incomprehensible awe that will bring any mortal man to his knees."

Let him help (with advice, not touching) shut off the excess Nazis, with supervision.  If he tries anything funny, terrorport him.
Crit helps Speaks with his button mashing.

[6+1=6] The Nazi needs no further threatening. He expertly guides Speaks through the security system and the saurian manages to close every single emergency door between them and the Nazi reinforcements with a few clicks and buttons. Thick metal doors to the engine room, the stairs to the gun decks, to the hangar and to the living quarters slam down, sometimes right in front of advancing Nazi goons. Inspired, Speaks, helped by Crit's relentless button-smashing, also shuts all unnecessary and unsafe openings such as windows, hangar launch doors, communications to the outside, etc etc. Now they are well and truly safe from the outside world!

---
Spoiler: Speaks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: London Tanner (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crit (click to show/hide)

Erin Strand

Somewhere far, far away, and certainly somewhere far safer, a teleporter brings another Earthling female into the loving embrace of the Justice Corps. Once the sudden shock of being transported across the galaxy with no warning or cause, Erin Strand finds herself stranded on board the Lux Aeterna. This time, there's no elaborate welcoming ceremony. She's still getting her bearings when a cheery electronic voice appears.

'Hello, trooper! It looks like someone's taken a dirt nap out there, because our automatic replacement protocol just kicked in! Welcome to the Justice Corps! I'm Lux, and this is your chance to become a real-life Hero! Now, I don't wanna rush you into anything, but your teammates are likely getting horribly murdered in... wherever we sent them again, so you might want to hurry and go save them!'

Something pops into existence in front of Erin. 'These are your Fabricator Tokens! Pop them into that big machine there so you don't need to go in empty-handed. Good luck, trooper!'

Well. The 'big machine' dominates the huge hall, though there are some kind of odd tubes the other way.

---
Spoiler: Erin Strand (click to show/hide)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 13, 2015, 05:05:15 pm »

"...Alright then." Pop fabricator tokens into machine.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 13, 2015, 05:13:28 pm »

"...Alright then." Pop fabricator tokens into machine.

To save time, I can tell you it'll show you a screen with:

Code: [Select]
1. WEAPON
2. PROTECTION
3. WEARABLE
4. DRUG
5. OTHER EQUIPMENT
6. OTHER CONSUMABLE

Or maybe it'll explode. Do you want to make it a roll?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 13, 2015, 05:22:26 pm »

I have 3 tokens, right? First, get a weapon. Further decisions will be made off of if I like the weapon.
Sigtext!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 13, 2015, 08:30:55 pm »

"Right, compatriots!  We are safe and secure here in this section now!  Now, what was our goal again?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 14, 2015, 11:05:24 am »

Evil Roy attempts to return to the team and explain to them in no uncertain terms that it seems like they're about to hit another airship in not very long at all.

And if this is not possible, Evil Roy will instead look for a parachute.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 01:56:04 pm by Harry Baldman »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 14, 2015, 01:53:54 pm »

Speaks didn't block the door to Security, so yes, Evil Roy can return unhindered to spread panic. Looking for a parachute is a fine plan, of course, though there are flying vehicles onboard too, y'know...
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31