Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31

Author Topic: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Mission II!]  (Read 55922 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage RTD [Mission I!]
« Reply #150 on: August 21, 2015, 04:03:27 pm »

London and Crit
Crit. The robot. London helped him, saved his life when he couldn't defend himself... and he LEFT HER!

Scream its name! Let it know that vengeance comes and chase it down!

Electronically hack open the door to the room that is sure to contain supplies to repair my squishy friends. Or swordly hack in if electronically fails for whatever unlikely reason.

[4] Crit, blissfully unaware of the approaching screaming danger, gets on hacking the door. The robot rips open the code panel and interfaces into its systems. Crit's scrap metal data ports function just as fine as any fancy, sleek, chrome-plated bot's machinery. It takes some time to deal with unfamiliar systems, but after a few minutes, the door clicks open.

Unfortunately, those few minutes are also what it takes for the screaming berzerker woman seeking vengeance to find and reach him. [3-1+1=3]vs[2] The robot realizes just in time London is not approaching with friendly intent, and that's enough for an attempt to avoid the swinging axe blade. [Dodge 3] Crit leaps for the door and the axe comes down, chipping the robot's foot. [Damage:6/2=3] Crit stumbles through the door with an electronic squel and crashes against the shelves on the wall. Packets of bandages and wrappings pour down on him.

London stands on the other side of the open door, breathing heavy and holding her axe above her head. Murder still shines in her eyes. At least Medical seems to be a motherlode. There are enough first aid materials for a small army. Maybe London would calm down if Crit treated those wounds? Then again... maybe not.

---
Spoiler: London Tanner (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crit (click to show/hide)

Speaks and Evil Roy
"Blast!  Perhaps I should exchange this for something a little more personal; it appears ranged combat is not my forte.  But onward, because I do not like the look in London's eye!"

Onward!  Security probably has cool stuff in it!
Evil Roy checks the options for proceeding and quickly slinks to put Speaks between himself and London, supposing that he is probably much better equipped for getting stabbed. Of course, with how little one knows of Evil Roy, who can really say?

At any rate, he moves onward as well.

[3] Speaks and Evil Roy follow London out of the doors, but decide the best way to go is the opposite of where her charge is headed. Security seems like an interesting prospect. The corridor to there is empty, other than a crewman who faints at the sight of them. The door to Security is open - but, unfortunately, only because it appears to be occupied by several Stormtroopers. A window of reinforced glass shows a large room with a monitor station and stairs down. [6] The guards appear to be all facing the wrong way. The universe doesn't often give such perfect opportunities for surprise attacks.

---
Spoiler: Speaks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Evil Roy (click to show/hide)

Vissilik
Flail wildly expertly at the captain!

Out on the bridge, the duel continues. [3+1=4] The Captain stabs again and again with precise jabs, [Dodge 5-1=4] but Vissilik manages to scuttle out of the way of every strike. Armed with Gordion's guidance [2+1=3] and Greyfang's vigor, Vissilik flails at the Captain with expert skill. [Dodge 2-1-2=1] Gordion has read the man's every move and every possible course of action. It takes only moments for Greyfang to slip past the man's defenses and plunge into his gut with a sickening wet noise. [Damage:2*2=4+2=6] The Captain moves back, bleeding but still quite alive.

[1+1=2] Vissilik lets him get back in his stance, revelling in his assured, inevitable victory to come. It is so enjoyable he doesn't even bother with attacking. [2+1=3] The Captain comes at him again, swinging with new rage-fueled power, [Dodge:6-1=5] but the alien genius simply dances out of the way.

The audience of crewmembers watches on in silent contemplation.

---
Spoiler: Opponents (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vissilik (click to show/hide)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 21, 2015, 04:13:22 pm »

Evil Roy stirs at this sight. What a glorious sight it is, oh yes.

Evil Roy gives the crossbow one last try, attempting to shoot a stationary, unaware target, preferably the apparent leader of these stormtroopers, with a stunning bolt.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 21, 2015, 09:50:52 pm »

Dodge and parry and beep frantically and show cute and happy and very anti-nazi images on my screen.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 21, 2015, 10:15:34 pm »

"You see, fools?! My victory is inevitable! Only foolish fools would dare stand against me! Are you foolish fools?!"

Attempt to convince everyone that this duel is already over and I have won. If that fails, continue stabbing!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 21, 2015, 10:45:57 pm »

"You see, fools?! My victory is inevitable! Only foolish fools would dare stand against me! Are you foolish fools?!"

Attempt to convince everyone that this duel is already over and I have won. If that fails, continue stabbing!
((Why not start insulting his History of Inbreeding and guilty pleasures with some pithy sword-fighting Banter?))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 24, 2015, 08:45:03 am »

Also shoot a different target of opportunity.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 24, 2015, 09:02:42 am »

Edit: WHOOPS IGNORE.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 24, 2015, 10:44:41 am »

Suppress berserker rage and instead tend to wounds.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 26, 2015, 09:25:07 am »

I'm very busy this week (and shouldn't use my arms so much), so update probably only after the weekend.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 26, 2015, 08:21:09 pm »

Oh yes, don't push the arm thing. Better to take it easy and get better sooner. :x
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 31, 2015, 10:17:19 am »

Evil Roy and Speaks
Evil Roy stirs at this sight. What a glorious sight it is, oh yes.

Evil Roy gives the crossbow one last try, attempting to shoot a stationary, unaware target, preferably the apparent leader of these stormtroopers, with a stunning bolt.
Also shoot a different target of opportunity.

Willing to give his Reaver one last chance, Evil Roy raises the mechanized crossbow, takes aim at the very vulnerable backs of the Stormtroopers. None of them have any special signs marking them out as leaders, so he just chooses the nearest one. [3] [Dodge:5-1-1=3] The bolt punches out and slams into a broad-shouldered brute's back. [Damage:4/2=2] [Stunning:2+1-1=2] The syringe-mechanism stabs into the poor man's blood and inserts its awful payload. He lets out a yelp of pain from the impact - and then the effects set in.

He screams. He staggers. He topples over and writhes in frantic shudders and jerks, white froth escaping from his mouth between horrifying gurgles and sounds best described as half screeching, half sobbing. The rest of the four Stormtroopers turn to stare at him rolling at their feet, then slowly crawl up to see Evil Roy and his companion. [6] [Dodge:3-1=2] Speaks promptly shoots the first of them, for once scoring a solid hit as a spinning, yellowish tooth embeds itself in a Nazi's chest at high speed and sends him sprawling with a cry. [Damage:3] It's incredible how deep of a wound a simple tooth can create, though the man still seems to cling onto life.

Evil Roy and Speaks feel quite pleased with themselves, but then the Nazis gather their wits and retaliate. [1-2=1] The man on the ground is, unsurprisingly, not capable of much more than letting out a long, trembling wail as he claws in vain at the bolt still sticking out of his back.

[5-1=4] Speaks' victim, though, despite the clear disgust and shock on his face, is more willing to engage. Another MPL-44 comes up and opens up in a blaze at the lizard, [Dodge:4-1=3] but Speaks rolls clear of the volley. [5-1=4] [Dodge:1-1=1] The evil thug keeps the trigger pressed, though, and there's not much space to dodge. Speaks rolls into the wall and the hissing automatic laser fire follows, lancing into him at his most vulnerable. [Damage:4*2=8] Surging hot pain explodes, the smell of scorched flesh filling his senses.

[3] It gives him plenty of motivation to go for revenge, [Dodge:3] and though his quick snap shot only catches the Nazi in the arm, [Damage:3/2=2] it's enough to punch through and spurt out enough blood to make him go down.

[4-1=3][1-1=1] The other two Nazis seem disturbed by the continuing sounds emitting from their Psychos-afflicted comrade. With a pale face, one of them backs away into Security, while the other only manages to bring up his MPL-88 with wavering arms. [Dodge:6] Evil Roy drifts harmlessly out of the way with an incomprehendable motion.

The pair exchange a rather panicked series of shouts. The exact composition of their sentences is lost in the speed and intensity of their tones, though it seems evident it contains a lot of ümlauts and ominous fonts. It seems likely, however, that the one who withdrew inside - visible behind the reinforced glass - is attempting to shut the door on the advancing Heroes.

---
Spoiler: Speaks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Evil Roy (click to show/hide)

London and Crit
Dodge and parry and beep frantically and show cute and happy and very anti-nazi images on my screen.
Suppress berserker rage and instead tend to wounds.

The two Heroes both attempt to not horrifying murder one another. Some part of London's mind tells her that killing Crit might be a tad disproportionate to its crime. Especially with such pain and weariness clinging to her, somehow. Are those wrinkles on her hands? [6] London's rage drops away sharply and is immediately replaced by an equally intense feeling of guilt and compassion that drives her to jump after Crit with tears streaming from her eyes, intent on healing all harm she could possibly have caused her. [Dodge:4] Crit, thinking this another attack, offers a series of alarmed beeps and crawls clear just in time - with the end result of the weeping London barreling head-first into a medical cabinet.

When the dust, and the falling bandages and splints, settles, [Damage:2] London has a sore head and both Heroes are sitting rather bemused on the floor of Medical. The drug, at last, begins to wear off.

London feels the wrinkles and back-pain fade away... but, unfortunately, to her growing horror, not completely. It appears she has, essentially, aged a decade or two. At least she's not totally grey-haired, she supposes?

London: -5 Total HP.

The pair of them look around. Now that the danger has passed, it looks like they could find something to help the organic members of their team with, at least. No doubt some of the medical equipment could be taken apart to patch up Crit. Their attention is also attracted by a large operating table behind a blood-stained screen. Strange and uncomfortably deadly-looking machinery hang from the ceiling above it. There are a number of drugs and devices that might be useful for something, and what appear to be cabinets full of paper records.

---
Spoiler: London Tanner (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crit (click to show/hide)

Vissilik

Vissilik changes his tactics and decides an appeal to the audience is in order. He offers a powerful logical argument, using all the skills of rhetoric and oration a genius beyond his time such as himself can muster. [2] The Captain and the crew digest his message for a few seconds. Then the fat man challenges him in turn.

'Nein, alien scum!' the Captain shouts. 'It is YOU who are ze fool! Ha!'

He drives his point home with the point of his sword. [5+1=6] [Dodge:3-1=2] Vissilik is momentarily taken by his counter-argument - the audience claps politely - [Damage:5/2=3] but not enough for him to score a killing blow. The two circle each again once more.

[1+1=2] Vissilik cannot find an opening despite Gordion's happily beeped instructions. The Captain smirks in aristocratic superiority, swinging his sword in elaborate patterns for the benefit of the audience. If nothing else, he is handling the extensive blood loss with admirable stiff upper lip.

'Dummkopf! You have no chance! I trained under the great master Sturmhalten himself! How could a worm like you stand up to someone who practiced with a true genius, someone beyond his time! Give in und I shall make it quick! Auf wiedersehen!'

[3+1=4] He launches forward again, going for Vissilik's skull, [Dodge:2-1=1] and the fat bastard's blow connects with speed Gordion can't do anything about. [Damage:5*2=10] Vissilik experiences the unwelcome sensation of something hard and buzzing cutting across his scalp before he can divert the blade. Blood washes down his face. Gordion offers a long, plaintive beep in sympathy.

---
Spoiler: Vissilik (click to show/hide)

---

I changed the thread title to be more informative about the content of your missions. The 'RTD' part had to be amputated. May it find peace in whatever afterlife is it's lot.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 10:20:41 am by Digital Hellhound »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Evil Roy puts his bear sword to good use, presumably hoping that it works on something as vague as an impending sense of doom as he tries to stab one of the livelier stormtroopers with it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

((May your hand continue to mend!))

Shoot the alive one Roy doesn't.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

Hug London. Then load up on medical supplies and heal her.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hug Crit. Try to repair him/heal myself. Dig through those records and try to find something useful.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31