Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31

Author Topic: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Mission II!]  (Read 55940 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage RTD [Mission I!]
« Reply #135 on: August 16, 2015, 12:58:42 am »

Irony, what the hell, I don't remember generating you a 'Lucky' piece of gear.
((Guess all that talk about HEROES OF JUSTICE being far more successful than lesser fellows was true after all!))

This took a loooot of time and copypasting single symbols it's difficult to make with just one hand, yeah.
((Oh god, that takes dedication. You might look into StickyKeys or the onscreen keyboard if you're using an actual computer.))

"It haaaas BEGUUUUUUUUUUUUUN! Gordion, SCAN HIM! Nyaaaaaah!"

Have Gordion scan the fat bastard whilst I attack ruthlessly!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2015, 04:54:56 am »

((Thanks for the hard work, Hellhound!))

Axe Stormtrooper #4 to death.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 16, 2015, 05:17:14 am »

((Oh god, that takes dedication. You might look into StickyKeys or the onscreen keyboard if you're using an actual computer.))

((Oh, right! Accessibility options! Those have uses beyond annoying you when you accidentally activate them with two arms, eyes and ears still working!))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2015, 07:30:14 am »

((Oh, right! Accessibility options! Those have uses beyond annoying you when you accidentally activate them with two arms, eyes and ears still working!))

((In Win7 (and maybe 8, not sure) it's under Ease of Access Center in the control panel.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 16, 2015, 07:34:40 am »

I actually have a touchscreen laptop (a feature that I've thought borderline useless before) with a touchscreen keyboard you can bring up, which will actually help with that stuff. I hadn't even thought of that before now.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 17, 2015, 09:16:40 am »

Evil Roy and Speaks
Shoot n' stun Nazi Stormtrooper Leader!
Not working, as usual.  A new tack is required, surely.

Is there a chandelier or some other ornate ceiling ornament to shoot down on top of the enemies?  A steam pipe to shoot out?  Some other source of environmental damage?  Failing that, shoot a goon, I suppose.

Rather appalled by his treatment at the hands of these Nazi brutes, Evil Roy once again takes aim, loads a good, old-fashioned Psychos bolt and [5] fires. [Dodge 4+1=5] Unfortunately, the Crossbow is not a precision weapon at this range and he only manages to score a hit on the door. Incredible and overwhelming pain begins to rush through the door's systems, or would, except it's a door.

[5+1-1=5] The Nazi blasts again with the boxy SMG [Dodge 5+1=6], but his rushed burst is way off and continues to destroy the decor. What a brute.

Speaks, in turn, seeks out some environmental would-be danger to use to his advantage. Heavy metal pipes do indeed run behind the Nazis, hidden beneath a thin, now-wrecked layer of wall. Speaks focuses his senses, takes aim, [1] and scores a perfect hit! He watches in wonder, expecting an explosion of volatile gas, or perhaps a vent of superheated steam, or perhaps-

The tooth connects and breaks the brittle pipe. Scalding-hot water shoots out in a narrow, precise stream, straight at the head of poor Miss London. [Dodge 5] She rolls clear just in time, and the rage in her head makes a note of horrifyingly murdering Speaks after the Nazis are dealt with. Hopefully that'll fade with the drugs.

The two ranged Heroes look at eachother. They look at their weapons. They look at the entirely unharmed Nazi goons. Being a Hero is proving very frustrating.

---
Spoiler: Speaks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Evil Roy (click to show/hide)

London Tanner
Axe Stormtrooper #4 to death.

London isn't here to ax questions, she's here to ax heads. [3-1+1+1=4] Grímnir's Hold gets to swing again, and the poor Nazi [Dodge 1] gets a faceful of ancient steel. [Damage 6*2=12] Everything spills out under the weight of the blade, which smashes in his face for good measure. Heroing is fun! The axe feels heavier than before, though, her muscles groaning under the weight of using it. Her skin seems to be gaining signs of wear and tear at an increasing pace. Perhaps she could bathe in blood to maintain her youth?

The rest of the Nazis come at her again. [3+1=4, 6, 5] If nothing else, they're persistent. [Dodge 3-1+1=3] [Shield Use 5] She can't quite get out of the way of the Nazi leader's volley in time, but her Shield is up in seconds and flares as it's hit by the bursts of laser. [Damage 4/2=2-2=0] The glancing hits are absorbed by the fiery shield, sparing her further pain. [5-1+1=5] London screams and charges at the evil man while he's reloading, [Dodge 1] and despite the other Nazis' attempts to block her, she reaches him in time and with one mighty heave buries the axe deep within his brainstem. He lets out a small gurgle and falls; the Stormtrooper Leader is dead at last.

Crying out, the next Nazi in line attempts to avenge their boss. [VOLATILITY 3!] Unfortunately, Sky Nazi energy weapons tech is still highly experimental, and a minor defect in the energy cell that might not have ever come on another day leads to a catastrophic chain reaction within the MPL-188. The weapon vents emergency heat, but it's too late. The entire clip detonates at once and [Damage 4*2=8] punches a flaming hole in the Trooper's stomach.

The last of the Troopers, more brave than smart, goes for London with a [Dodge 3-1+1=3] scattered burst that [Shield Use 4] [Damage 4/2=2-2=0] she manages to absorb within the Kodion once more. [3-1+1=3] [Dodge:6] Her counter blow is a wide, reaching arc that the man manages to roll clear off. London stumbles, her legs feeling heavier than usual, [5] and the last Nazi uses the chance to run screaming back through the doors, disappearing from sight.

The hall falls silent once more, more or less (there appear to be a lot of strange plants rapidly growing near where they arrived). But London's white-hot need for vengeance hasn't gone anywhere. Despite the chaos of combat, she remembers. These two idiots didn't help her at all! One of them even nearly hit her! And that robot! That treacherous, cowardly robot, it ran away! THEY NEED TO PAY! THEY ALL NEED TO PAY!

---
Spoiler: London Tanner (click to show/hide)

Crit
Ugh, remove the picture of that awful person from my screen. Show a turtle instead, much nicer.
Run to the medical wing, that should have some things to repair my squishy friends. Try to repair myself with glue on the way there.

Said treacherous robot is long gone. [4] The path to the Medical wing is simple enough, a straight corridor mainly empty of the panicked masses. Crit passes the time by spurting glue all over his damages. [4] He manages to avoid damaging his internal systems and does an okay patch-up of a few of the gaping holes. Sadly, the glue is nothing special and probably not intended for battlefield repair. [+4 HP regained.]

The door to Medical, unfortunately, appears to be locked. A not-too-Nazi looking grey-haired scientist is knocking on the door, plaintively asking to be let in. The lock appears to be electronic, and this crude technology should be no trouble at all for a robot of his stature.

---
Spoiler: Crit (click to show/hide)

Vissilik
Quote from: IronyOwl
"It haaaas BEGUUUUUUUUUUUUUN! Gordion, SCAN HIM! Nyaaaaaah!"

Have Gordion scan the fat bastard whilst I attack ruthlessly!

Gordion beeps up happily and starts scanning, forfeiting him the shielding advantage for now. What are the chances he'll need it, anyway!

[4+1=5] 'Ah will teach you proper manners, alien scum!' the Captain snarls, but whatever etiquette lessons he had in mind, he decides a stabbing is in order first. [Dodge 4-1=3] Vissilik parries with Greyfang, but the Captain is fast despite his bulk. The crackling sword slashes at one of his legs, cutting flesh. [Damage 5/2=3] First blood has gone to the Captain.

[5+1=6] Vissilik charges forward, slashing wildly, with technique founded in his unwavering belief in his supremacy and eventual victory. The power of the sword fills him with even more vigor and confidence. Surely this fat slob cannot stand against the greatest genius of his time? [Dodge 5-1=4] The Captain's defense holds. Each heavy slash is parried by the Electro-Sword, which turns and dances in the Captain's hands with admirable finesse. The crew politely claps.

[3+1=4] Vissilik lunges forward again, driving the Captain towards the wall. [Dodge 4-1=3] [Damage 2/2=1+2=3] With no space to manouever, the Captain is in trouble. Vissilik overwhelms him, going for the heart, but at the last moment the Captain diverts the blow with a desperate parry and Greyfang tears into his shoulder instead. Before Vissilik can enjoy the wound too much, [1+1=2] the Captain slips to the side and the two combatants face eachother, circling.

In the lull, Gordion pings happily. The scan is complete and active. The Captain does not know it yet, but he is well and truly doomed.

---
Spoiler: Opponents (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vissilik (click to show/hide)

---

More Stormtroopers have now been killed by weapon malfunction than by team Speaks and Evil Roy. But good effort!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 09:18:52 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 17, 2015, 09:55:07 am »

"Blast!  Perhaps I should exchange this for something a little more personal; it appears ranged combat is not my forte.  But onward, because I do not like the look in London's eye!"

Onward!  Security probably has cool stuff in it!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 17, 2015, 10:20:44 am »

Evil Roy admits that maybe the sword would have been a much better choice, and elects to follow Speaks. Or maybe not?

Evil Roy checks the options for proceeding and quickly slinks to put Speaks between himself and London, supposing that he is probably much better equipped for getting stabbed. Of course, with how little one knows of Evil Roy, who can really say?

At any rate, he moves onward as well.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 17, 2015, 11:26:08 am »

((I'm not sure how damage rolls are calculated, Hellhound. Sometimes the damage is doubled; the first stormtrooper that shot London, and just now with the axing and such. How does that happen?))

Crit. The robot. London helped him, saved his life when he couldn't defend himself... and he LEFT HER!

Scream its name! Let it know that vengeance comes and chase it down!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 17, 2015, 11:39:11 am »

((I'm not sure how damage rolls are calculated, Hellhound. Sometimes the damage is doubled; the first stormtrooper that shot London, and just now with the axing and such. How does that happen?))

((Rolling a 1 on dodge doubles the damage received.))

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 17, 2015, 11:46:11 am »

((Rolling a 1 on dodge doubles the damage received.))

((Ah, I see now. That makes sense.))

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 17, 2015, 11:52:35 am »

Exactly, and 3 halves the damage. Some of the rolls look a bit odd because there's damage reduction or bonuses also going on, but that's basically it.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 17, 2015, 12:23:05 pm »

Electronically hack open the door to the room that is sure to contain supplies to repair my squishy friends. Or swordly hack in if electronically fails for whatever unlikely reason.

Please don't attack Crit it is trying its best.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 17, 2015, 12:29:14 pm »

Please don't attack Crit it is trying its best.

((The thing is, in London's current state she'll probably attack Roy and Speaks unless she's doing something else. Wasting the last two turns of drugged berserker rage chasing Crit down will probably end with fewer dead PCs.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 19, 2015, 06:17:29 pm »

More Stormtroopers have now been killed by weapon malfunction than by team Speaks and Evil Roy. But good effort!
((So they're also playing an RTD.))

"HaHA! Foolish fool, I now know all of your secrets! DIEEEEEEEE!"

Flail wildly expertly at the captain!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31