Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31

Author Topic: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Mission II!]  (Read 55883 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage RTD [Mission I!]
« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2015, 06:23:40 am »

Evil Roy and Speaks
Evil Roy slides gingerly along the trail of blood over to Speaks' Nazi Aristocrat (or some other apparently armed officer if there is one to be found) and surreptitiously grabs him by the skull from behind, using another set of appendages to stab the bear-sword into his kidney and hopefully intensify the soulgnawing.
"This weapon is powerful, but the recoil must be taken into account!"

Shoot the guy again.  If death has already befallen him, see if there's another armed foe to shoot.

With Speaks and his Nazi opponent are focused on eachother, Evil Roy decides to seize his chance. He slides with as much stealth as he can muster around the room and creeps up on the Nazi Aristocrat from behind. Unfortunately, what he musters is not much. [3] Hearing the sounds of his evil approach and perhaps sensing his incomprehendable presence, the Nazi whirls around and lets loose a manic scream at the sight. [4] He pulls the trigger of his boxy Luger in and a blast of energy lances [Dodge:1] right between Evil Roy's primary ocular organs (probably - it hits something, anyway) with a hiss of burning... flesh? [Damage:3*2=6] Evil Roy conveys his displeasure [1] but is all too distracted by the white-hot pain to attack.

[6] Speaks has no such problem. The saurian alien steadies his breathing, points the gun at his target, who has conveniently enough turned their back, and fires. The Tooth Gun makes a small bang and another spinning molar flashes out of the barrel. [Dodge:4-1=3] The tiny ammo hits the Nazi in the shoulder, [Damage:3/2=2] puncturing into his flesh and making him cry out in pain. Blood spurts out in bright red shower. [4] The Nazi returns fire [Dodge:6] and scores a perfect hit on a tasteful nude painting on the far wall, which explodes in a hundred burning fragments.

---
Spoiler: Opponents (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Speaks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Evil Roy (click to show/hide)

London Tanner
Charge the nearest armed Nazi that isn't already engaged. Use shield if/when I come under fire.

Spotting the charge of the berzerk Nazi waving a sword about, London launches into a counter-charge. The Nazi villain barely has time to react before [3-1=2] London barges right past him with a fearsome, ululating warcry, swinging down with her great axe. Momentum and the weight of the weapon carry her onwards and into a full table. Grímnir's Hold continues on its trajectory and splits the table in two before embedding itself into the floor, dragging London with it. Her face gets a soft landing in some kind of pudding.

The Nazi draws to a halt, recognizing her as a new and armed target. [6+1=6] Roaring his fury, the Nazi charges for the prone London, [Dodge:5] and only reflexes honed from catching chickens at the farm let her roll clear before the blade comes down. [3+1=4] London gets up, but the Nazi isn't about to give up. [Dodge:5] A volley of mad swings come her way and London finds herself backing away rapidly to get clear of each one. [6-1=5] Then, with the officer overextended after a particularily heavy swing, [Dodge:2] she swings Grímnir's Hold and rams it into the evil Nazi's gut. [Damage:6] Blood and a mess of internal organs spill out, bathing the axe in ward-strenghtening red. London has brought her second villain to justice!

---
Spoiler: London Tanner (click to show/hide)

Crit
Run away from the Nazi berserker while dumping glue behind me to slow him down. Get a weapon from a dead Nazi and shoot him!

With the berzerker rather impressively handled by one of Crit's companions, there's nothing stopping it from scuttling over to retrieve the sword. The weapon feels pleasantly potent and the robot cradles it like the deadly child it never had. The last member of the heroes has finally been armed.

---
Spoiler: Crit (click to show/hide)

Vissilik
"Superb, supeeeeeerb! Or... wait, what?! Are we not even on the mightiest of vessels?! Unacceptable! Momentarily acceptable! Adequate yet not supreme!

Out of the way, you fools, I HAVE BUSINESS TO ATTEND TO!"

Drag the Nazi along in an attempt to shove through or scurry over the crowd, as though I belong here and have important ship business to attend rather than being an armed invader intending to bring down their entire fleet.

With a bold and not at all suicidal plan, Vissilik grabs his new pet crewman and heads straight for the main doors. The crowds have nearly emptied out of the hall, so there is only one problem - the squad of dark-uniformed Nazi troopers manning the doorway. [6] Vissilik does what he does best - he uses the knowledge that he is a genius beyond his time and undoubtedly the greatest being ever to grace this ship to project authority into his voice.

"Out of the way, you fools, I HAVE BUSINESS TO ATTEND TO!" goes his scream, and despite being an many-limbed alien horror with a crewman writhing in his grip, the deference to authority that has been ingrained in these thugs takes hold and the entire squad of stormtroopers parts to let Vissilik past, blinking in confusion.

Beyond the doors, Vissilik finds himself in a corridor that goes both right and left and forward, leaving him with all too many possibilities. Thankfully, there are signs - 'to the Bridge' for the forward corridor, 'Security' on the right, and 'Medical' on the left. The crowd appears to be spreading out in different directions. [4] Vissilik gets the feeling it won't be long before the Nazis behind him realize they probably shouldn't have let him through.

---
Spoiler: Scanned Nazi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vissilik (click to show/hide)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2015, 08:23:03 am »

Take cover and fire again!  This foe must be slain!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2015, 11:17:36 am »

Oh no, it won't do to use a weapon covered in Nazi markings, people might get the wrong idea. Glue things over all the Nazi decorations on the sword so people don't think I'm a Nazi robot.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2015, 11:18:57 am »

Evil Roy offers some choice words to the violent man while changing up his strategy a smidgen, which mostly involves him stabbing wildly at the man with his trusty sword.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2015, 11:40:00 am »

London smiles at the adorable monitor-robot and pats it on the head. "Alright, little guy, I'll lead the way. Watch my back!"

Take these wonderful drugs, activate shield and charge the guards at the main door!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2015, 12:17:10 pm »

Crit beeps in appreciation at London.
Watch London's back. If any Nazis require urgent stabbings to protect her, pause the gluing and dispense stabbings.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 12:22:45 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2015, 06:27:47 pm »

((Bwahahaha, this will have no negative consequences whatsoever!))

To the bridge! Quickly, before the Nazis realize what's going on.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2015, 10:46:02 am »

Speaks and Evil Roy
Take cover and fire again!  This foe must be slain!
Evil Roy offers some choice words to the violent man while changing up his strategy a smidgen, which mostly involves him stabbing wildly at the man with his trusty sword.

[5] Speaks climbs over a table to use it as cover and [6] takes aim at the evil Nazi once more. [Dodge:6] It's no use - the spinning tooth whirls through the air and goes past his opponent's ear. Instead, it finds a target positioned perfectly behind it. [Dodge:4] Evil Roy throws himself flat just in time to avoid the tiny fang of death. They are fortunate Speaks' aim is so atrocious that he cannot even hit someone by accident.

[1] The Nazi, a little unsteady from the blood loss or possibly unnerved by the unspeakable comments Evil Roy makes to him, fails to use the chance to counter-attack. [5] The other hero strikes instead, drawing his humming sword and launching himself forward to [Dodge:2] [Damage:5] skewer the Nazi along the blade. Blood escapes in a pulsing geyser and then the man topples, dying on his sword. The evil foe is vanquished at last.

The pair of heroes turn from their work to find that a firing line of Nazi stormtroopers has taken position before the main doors. They seem all too keen to use their weapons on them.

---
Spoiler: Speaks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Evil Roy (click to show/hide)

Crit and London
Oh no, it won't do to use a weapon covered in Nazi markings, people might get the wrong idea. Glue things over all the Nazi decorations on the sword so people don't think I'm a Nazi robot.
London smiles at the adorable monitor-robot and pats it on the head. "Alright, little guy, I'll lead the way. Watch my back!"

Take these wonderful drugs, activate shield and charge the guards at the main door!
Crit beeps in appreciation at London.
Watch London's back. If any Nazis require urgent stabbings to protect her, pause the gluing and dispense stabbings.

Forming a new dynamic duo, London and Crit prepare to charge the stormtroopers at the doors. But first, London knows what she needs to do. She takes the pouch of metallic powder from her belt and without a moment of hesitation, snorts it.

The substance awakens even before it's through her nostrils. The metallic powder begins to move and shift, travelling deeper into her system with a mind of its own, a million scuttling specks of metal that bulge and prickle underneath her skill. She feels them worming relentlessly towards her brain. Striking pain erupts with increasing intensity within her skull until her head is pounding. It's... it's... it's infuriating. London begins to growl. Old memories begin to surface. She remembers a farm horse they used to have in her childhood, an old, bony thing that liked to bite and kick at her at the slightest offense. And that girl, that girl from sixth grade, who made fun of her hair. AND THAT STRANGER ONCE, WHO DIDN'T THANK HER FOR HOLDING THE DOOR OPEN! THEY NEED TO PAY! SHE MUST HAVE HER VENGEANCE!

[3+1-1=3] But they're not here. They're beyond her reach, a fact that she suddenly finds supremely irritating. She's been too kind for too long. Everyone who has ever slighted her, everyone, as she can know remember every slight to her in stark clear detail, EVERYONE WILL PAY! London fixes her gaze on the Nazis. The targets for her vengeance are nowhere to be near, so she has to vent her frustration on the closest thing. Screaming, London charges at the wall of Nazis.

[1+1=2][1][4][5][2] The sight of the berzerk farmgirl proves to be enough to unnerve most of the firing line and only scattered shots come her way. [Dodges:6/1] A bolt of sizzling light streaks past her from one of the stormtroopers. The soldier right on her path, his look that of terror at the onrushing sight, pulls the trigger of his boxy submachinegun, and London [Shield Use:2] is too enraged to bring her shield up. [Damage:4*2=8] Burning pain explodes as she's hit by the burst of lasers, only heightening her rage.

Crossing the distance, London [Dodge:6] swings her axe with manic fury, which proves to be wholly uneffective for actually hitting something. She lands with a bellow in the middle of the Nazis, who scatter, staggering back with their weapons swinging around.

Having watched this spectacle unfold, Crit stops the process of gluing over all offending Nazi insignia on the sword - [4] a fair success, though no-one will ever call the thing pretty again - and rushes after his new buddy. [4] [Dodge:5-1=4] Though the Nazis are distracted by London's terrifying charge, they react quickly enough to dodge clear of Crit's swinging unNazified sword. [4] One of the stormtroopers blasts at him with his submachinegun, [Dodge:2-1+1=2] catching Crit in his shiny scrap metal shell. [Damage:4] Damage reports pop up on his monitor with frantic beeps.

Surrounded by Nazis, London feels a strange weight in her bones, increasing with every passing second. She runs a hand over her face and feels some kind of... wrinkles?

---
Spoiler: Opponents (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: London Tanner (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crit (click to show/hide)

Vissilik
To the bridge! Quickly, before the Nazis realize what's going on.

Happily ignorant of what's going on behind him, Vissilik sets off with his minion towards the bridge. From the sound of things, he doesn't need to fear being pursued from the fellows he passed.

He advances up the main corridor, ignoring the screams and shocked looks of crewmen and guests he passes. The Nazi in his grip wails as he's pulled along. Alarms blare over a general background noise of spreading panic. [6] Spectacularily, he's not accosted once on the way to the bridge by guards or crew. In fact, the trip is so quick and uneventful he's already passed through the doors to the bridge before he himself realizes it.

'Mein Gott!' someone shouts out, and Vissilik looks up to see a fat Nazi with an impressively large cap and a line of medals on his chest.

He's standing by a silver throne on an elevated terrace overlooking banks of crew-manned boards and terminals. The sheer amount of various buttons, meters and levers on display is both astounding and delightful. The room is a u-shape, with large window panels running the length of the far wall. Through them, Vissilik can see vast banks of clouds and in the distance, the bulk of another zeppelin ahead. Curiously, this place and everything he's seen so far appears to be inside the balloon itself, raising questions on how exactly this thing flies after all.

[5] There's perhaps time to consider that later. Right now, his focus is drawn to the two guards staring at him, the thought of taking action clearly taking shape behind their ugly brows.

---
Spoiler: Scanned Nazi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vissilik (click to show/hide)

---
I feel like Vissilik believed in his own claims of being a genius beyond his time so much the universe just went along with it. Nothing else explains all these fantastic rolls.

Poor London. A person who sees nothing wrong with taking unknown drugs in the middle of a battle is too pure and innocent for this world. Good guess by whoever predicted they were nanobots, by the way.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2015, 11:15:35 am »

"Well done taking the fight to them, London!  Perhaps you should work on your axe-swinging skills, however!  Not that I am proficient in this regard, either!"

Well, let's start working on shooting the Nazis.  Let's aim for the one with the medals first; he looks important.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2015, 11:22:44 am »

"Well done taking the fight to them, London!  Perhaps you should work on your axe-swinging skills, however!  Not that I am proficient in this regard, either!"

Well, let's start working on shooting the Nazis.  Let's aim for the one with the medals first; he looks important.

I assume you mean the stormtrooper leader - the medal-ed dude described in Irony's part is far away, on the bridge.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2015, 11:25:06 am »

Evil Roy expresses admiration at the funny shapes in the blood. Most impressive!

Shoot the Stormtrooper Leader with a stunning bolt.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2015, 12:48:41 pm »

I assume you mean the stormtrooper leader - the medal-ed dude described in Irony's part is far away, on the bridge.

You assume correctly; I just assumed he had at least one medal too.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 12, 2015, 01:05:02 pm »

Crit doesn't want to die, so um, Display a picture of Adolf Hitler's face on my screen and run past the stormtroopers. Those Nazis wouldn't shoot at their own dear Fuehrer, would they?

Slash the last nazi as I run past because Crit has to contribute to the fight and help his friends.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 01:19:24 pm by NAV »

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 12, 2015, 05:59:30 pm »

((Oh dear! I'm praying fervently to the RNGs, because one good round from those Stormtroopers will kill London. I doubt they will be paying attention to anyone else.

At least I got it right about the drugs. Negating the axe's accuracy penalty is a nice buff; depending on how much each dose ages London it might be totes worth. I doubt we can kill these stormtroopers before the drugs wear off and the might-attack-allies thing becomes a moot point.

Of course, it will also be rendered moot if she's lasered to death...

Also, it's obvious that the zeppelin shape is merely a holdover from the Nazi Regime's earlier days. They have plasma weapons, they don't need hot gases to fly their fleet anymore.))

No time for memories, no time for pain! Let loose a feral berserker scream and RIP AND TEAR!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2015, 06:03:49 pm »

Oooh, oops, only the leader Stormtrooper was actually supposed to get 10 HP. Should I edit the rest down to 5 HP, or do you BRAVE HEROES want to deal with this surprise difficulty spike?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31