Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31

Author Topic: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Mission II!]  (Read 55872 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(You raise a very valid point about powers and such. I'll probably build a more normal character at some point before I actually join the game proper, in case you ever change your mind. The simplest alternative is probably to just make John, well, John. His current host body is the real, perfectly normal deal instead. Something insane like John is probably more suited to some sort of suggestion game anyway honestly. Like, you are a flesh thief. What do you do? Not something I'd run though.)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

(Well, he could be stuck in that body. Perhaps someone managed to trap him in it? It'd be a very unusual feeling for a flesh thief to be stuck inside a body rather then being able to depart it when things got bad.)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(That's also an interesting possibility. Maybe the travel through space-time locked him in place somehow, and he has to adapt to new circumstances. Could be neat.)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I'm going to assume Crit has no special questions. Onwards!))

MISSION I

With the briefing concluded, the team trickles into the teleport chamber. The floor hums and radiates heat under their feet, though more alarming is the elaborate, death-ray like device in the ceiling which begins to spin and glow with blue energy. The doors of the chamber are sealed shut. Lux begins a countdown.

'Nine, eight, seven, six, fivefourthreetwoone, prepare for transition!'

The device fires, and everything turns to light.

'Gentlemen, I propose a toast for ze glory of ze Reich! Now and forev- aaaagh!'

A blast of air in all directions precedes the teleportation of five brave new Heroes. Familiar nausea grips hold in those organic or physically defined enough to be suspectible to such things, but then they pop into existence once more, and an explosion of sensation floods them. First come the sounds; surprised and panicked shouting, the clatter of metal, the continuing whoosh of air, the blaring of alarms - then the sights. Our heroes find themselves standing on a long, white-covered dinner table bursting with rich, steaming food and drink. Said dinner table is one of several in a long, glass-ceilinged hall, and it is very much occupied. Men in grey uniforms and suits look at them from every direction with blank shock and surprise, clearly rudely interrupting in the process of dinner. Beneath you seem to be the messy remains of someone with the poor fortune of standing right under the epicenter of the teleporter blast - he appears to have scattered quite well across the room, in fact.

Then, of course, come the smells. Whatever these Nazis were eating, it smells delicious! The stench of the dead man's steaming pieces, on the other hand, may bean acquired taste. There is some time to appreciate the cooking before the dinner guests begin fleeing screaming. The team takes in a pair of double doors at the end of the hall, currently crowded by guests trying to escape, and a smaller side door to the left. Behind them, there appears to be an empty stage walled off by red curtains.

The alarms continue blaring. It seems this will not be a stealth mission.

---
Spoiler: Evil Roy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Vissilik (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Speaks (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: London Tanner (click to show/hide)

---
@Looting weapons: I'm gonna rule no on that one. However, looting vehicles, if you'll find a way - that could happen. An airship might be tricky, though.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage RTD [Mission I!]
« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2015, 08:06:30 am »

((Clearly we must loot this entire airship; RTD logic demands it.))

"We shall charge forth and deliver justice to these evildoers!  But which way?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2015, 08:41:08 am »

London points to the panicked Nazi crowd. "That way! For JUSTICE!"

Charge and attack the closest Nazi scum!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2015, 09:34:37 am »

Evil Roy makes an unfathomable movement before following the human in her path of destruction.

Time to give these fellows a good stabbing with my bear blade. Maybe grab one with the glove if anyone is sufficiently disabled.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2015, 09:55:29 am »

Shoot the one that looks most dangerous.  Just pick randomly in case of tie.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2015, 10:46:27 am »

Plant a seed in some Nazi food. Screen displays a nuclear explosion and a flashing skull.

To confirm: We can pick up Nazi weapons, we can use Nazi weapons, but we can't keep them after the mission's over. Correct?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 09:33:52 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2015, 01:00:19 pm »

What's the IC reason that prevents them from using the Nazis' weapons?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2015, 01:07:12 pm »

The teleportation atomizes all non-authorized objects in the area when used. Or space magic. Hell, probably space magic. You can't go wrong with that.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2015, 01:12:00 pm »

The teleportation atomizes all non-authorized objects in the area when used. Or space magic. Hell, probably space magic. You can't go wrong with that.
Oh. So, you can use them, but not bring them back with you. Why aren't we using the teleporter to vaporize large swaths of the Nazi airship?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2015, 01:12:45 pm »

Oh. So, you can use them, but not bring them back with you. Why aren't we using the teleporter to vaporize large swaths of the Nazi airship?

((Space magic, weren't you paying attention?))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2015, 01:24:42 pm »

((It has to charge between uses.  Also, space magic.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2015, 01:33:19 pm »

Touche. Why didn't they just teleport you into the main balloon in spacesuits and tell you to shred it?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31