Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31

Author Topic: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Mission II!]  (Read 55791 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

"A bare bones, if effective, implement. Now if only this came in another size..."

let's go with Other Equipment.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ATHATH, I'm saying she should free it anyway. How do we know of the dragon is actually an evil monster? Maybe at that time, everyone hated dragons for some strange reason.
Hm. Do we know what color the dragon is?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

ATHATH, I'm saying she should free it anyway. How do we know of the dragon is actually an evil monster? Maybe at that time, everyone hated dragons for some strange reason.
((Given that it's locked in an ice axe, I would assume a bluish or otherwise frosty color. Only one way to be sure, though!))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Given that it's locked in an ice axe, I would assume a bluish or otherwise frosty color. Only one way to be sure, though!))
Well, with the d&d version of dragons, the good ones are are metal-colored (gold, silver, iron, etc.), while the evil ones are chromatically colored (red, blue, green, white, etc.).

Yes! Let's find out it's color! (aka free it)
I support this, but do it outside of the ship and bargain for its services first.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, London, I'm not sure that stuff is for you. Maybe for someone like Crit.
First, on one of your rolls, you got robotic. So maybe it's for robots.
Second, Lux, The Ship, which is a Robot, said that she would be 'all over it'. Still think it's not for robots?

((The best thing is that the rolls are subject to Hellhound's interpretation; even knowing the keywords he's got to work with I have no idea what this stuff is going to do. As far as the robotic tag is concerned, the description makes me think it's a nanite delivery system. If I understand the tables he's using correctly, he uses the keywords to shape both the effects and the withdrawal symptoms; entropy in particular sounds like a nasty downside rather than anything beneficial.))

((Personally, Hellhound, I would love it if more of the equipment was unknown like this, where the effects of the weapons/equipment were only revealed when they became relevant.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Well, with the d&d version of dragons, the good ones are are metal-colored (gold, silver, iron, etc.), while the evil ones are chromatically colored (red, blue, green, white, etc.).
((Yeah, but I don't see any particular reason to assume that's what we're going with.))

Also, London, I'm not sure that stuff is for you. Maybe for someone like Crit.
First, on one of your rolls, you got robotic. So maybe it's for robots.
Second, Lux, The Ship, which is a Robot, said that she would be 'all over it'. Still think it's not for robots?
((The tags are up to interpretation, and "only for X" is a pretty useless interpretation for most of them. [TINY] is an obvious exception, but also the only one we're aware of and one of the least interesting.

Lux also suggested she try it out, which doesn't sound like it's "not for her."))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I thought Lux said she'd be all over that stuff, if I remember correctly. Doesn't sound like she's just trying it...
((I meant Lux suggested that London try it. Lux's enthusiasm for it wasn't limited to hypotheticals about herself.))

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Update coming soonish, I swear - half of it is already written up, in fact. I just got caught up in someone's idea to marathon a show through the night. I'll note that Tiny won't always mean a tiny size, necessarily, it just appealed to my twisted sense of humor.

@Making more things' effects unknown: Some of the weapon qualities can be so specific you'd not necessarily ever find them if they were hidden, so those will be kept public. Stiiiill, I'm sure I can find things where it'll work...
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-strange double post magikkery-
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 11:40:50 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Evil Roy
Evil Roy's appendages vaguely quiver at this acquisition.

Ineffably compliment the acquisitions of my fellows, then obtain another WEAPON and also a WEARABLE for my other 2 tokens. Wonder if rough equivalent of high school education is sufficient to create Reaver ammo. Could I, for instance, fill an appropriate syringe with 96% ethanol and call it a day?

[3] Evil Roy examines his crossbow and its ammunition in more detail. Though an ethanol-filled syringe should be easy enough to produce, it would likely not be quite that potent given the small quantities involved. He imagines it might do as a disorienting, highly-volatile poison ammo type in a pinch. Of course, he'd have to find a lab and materials first.

Turning his attention back to the Fabricator, Evil Roy punches in 'Weapon'. The machine thinks and rumbles. [14 - Short Sword] It begins to hiss with steam. [2 - Two Effects] Lightning arcs on its surface. [Intensify] [Bear] A short, broad-bladed shortsword falls into his extermities. It has a fur-clad hilt and a pommel and guards of dull gold, with a blade that seems to buzz when touched. Roy looks up for the description.

Spoiler: Ursus Amplifier Sword (click to show/hide)

Putting that aside for a second, Evil Roy smashes in 'Wearable'. The machine beeps and pings happily. [5 - Handwear] [1 - One Effect] Something begins to materialize. [Demonic] There's a bang and the air is rife with the smell of sulfur and the distant screams of tortured souls. The air seems to ripple and twist, as if something is trying to break through. Then a pair of gloves fall to the floor.

Evil Roy reaches for them and [3] lets loose a displeased sound as something snaps at his appendages. The gloves appear to be covered in tiny, shifting mouths full of sharp, bloody teeth. Occasionally, a maddened, bloodshot eye pops in from the flesh-colored - let's be honest, it probably is flesh - surface of the gloves. There's a low sound from the mouths like panicked whispering.

The inside of the gloves does not seem to contain mouths, so they should be safe to put on. Still, he looks up to see the description.

Spoiler: Maelocht's Gloves (click to show/hide)

Evil Roy reads the last few sentences and looks at where the little bastard tried to bite him, but, thankfully, it does not appear to have broken the... skin? Outer shell? Purpleness?

---
Spoiler: Evil Roy (click to show/hide)

Crit and Vissilik
Crit clicks happily to the generous machine. Then they go to follow around Vasillik.
"WONDERFUL! What is the code to your control console, and where is this console located?!?!"

Wander over to the fabricator, dramatically insert tokens and punch in WEAPON, PROTECTION, WEARABLE.

Lux is happy to answer. 'The code is 4400A! But don't tell the General I told you that! Or maybe you should. I don't know what'd happen!' she says. 'The AI Core, where my console is located, is under the Bridge! That's the only way in, I'm afraid. That, and the maintenance tunnels. Don't you love secrets?'

Vissilik moves over to the Fabricator and gets to work. 'Weapon' seems like a good thing to start with, [14 - Short Sword] and the machine obediently begins its process. [1 - One Effect] [Wolf] There's a hiss of cold woodland air and Vissilik finds himself holding an unadorned, grey-bladed sword. He looks up for the description.

Spoiler: Greyfang (click to show/hide)

Vissilik then moves onto 'Protection'. [2 - Two Effects] The machine rumbles and shudders. [Servant] [Intelligence] There's a 'zzzap' and Vissilik finds himself staring at a buzzing white drone that begins to scan around them with loud beeping. He catches the text on the screens behind it.

Spoiler: Gordion Personal Drone (click to show/hide)

True to form, the happily beeping Gordion attempts to find a place on Vissilik's shoulders to settle onto, like some pet bird. For his last Token, Vissilik decides to go for Wearable. The Fabricator gives out a blurt of binary and a drawn-out 'ping!', and [1 - Headwear] something falls straight onto his head from nowhere. [4 - Four Effects] [Poison] [Launcher] [Money] [Capitalist] He reads the description.

Spoiler: The Green Hat (click to show/hide)

Well, it is stylish, there is no denying that.

---
Spoiler: Vissilik (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crit (click to show/hide)

Speaks
"A bare bones, if effective, implement. Now if only this came in another size..."

let's go with Other Equipment.

Speaks decides Other Equipment is in order. [2 - Two Effects] [Teleporting] [Terror] The machine hums and drops a small, wrist-mounted watch-like object in his grip. It appears to have a pointing antenna-thing and a single black, skull-marked button. He reads the text.

Spoiler: The Terrorporter (click to show/hide)

---
Spoiler: Speaks (click to show/hide)

---
I swear, I'm not giving Evil Roy all these evil things on purpose, they just keep coming.

I wrote most of this post while heavily sleep-deprived plus touchpad fuckery wiped half of the post out twice. But onwards anyway! London will arrive at the Teleporter Deck when the majority of the team do.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

To the teleporter deck!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Evil Roy ponders his rather stupendous luck at the attainment of various implements of death as he pulls the glove onto one of his appendages. Rather unfortunately, this glove now seems to be the only part of him, purpleness and other junk aside, that one can easily characterize.

That's the ticket! Now, to wherever I'm supposed to be!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thats a huge double post, digital.

Oh Christ, that explains how it just went and disappeared on me. Well, ain't nothing there now. Sleep deprivation good state to be in.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

[BEAR INTENSIFIES]

"I do, Lux! Only weak-minded fools shy from their power!

Speaking of which, how might one acquire a genetic ID copy within this place?"

To the teleporter deck!

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This looks awesome.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31