Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31

Author Topic: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Mission II!]  (Read 55772 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Inter-Mission]
« Reply #390 on: December 29, 2015, 01:45:44 pm »

Crit nods to London then shows the other three team members his plan to pool tokens to buy a vehicle. We only need two more tokens!

((Hooray guys! It finally snowed here!))
((Same here. Freezing rain too!))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 30, 2015, 02:10:11 am »

Speaks, hearing of the team plan, nodded his head.  "A transport apparatus, you say?  Well, a personal transport device was on my mind, but I will contribute to the team funding of such a device!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 30, 2015, 12:38:58 pm »

((We should call it the Insanemobile.))

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 30, 2015, 06:23:29 pm »

Erin Strand
Take off the awful Armor of the Pariah, put on the new armor. Then, 1 token into Weapons.

Happy for a chance to get rid of the awful, awful Armof of the Pariah, Erin embraces the new suit and puts it on posthaste. With the ugliest piece of protection in the universe safely out of sight, Erin goes for another Weapon from the Fabricator. [14 - Short Sword] White lightning strikes and there's a sound like a thousand trumpets blaring at slightly different times. [3 - Three Effects] [Friendship] [Love] [Blood] A broad-bladed short sword plunges down into the floor. Picking it up, Erin notices it is rather pink, including the blade, with a heart-shaped guard and a faint scent of roses emanating from it. She looks up for the description, frowning.

Spoiler: The Rose Blade (click to show/hide)

Ah. A pleasant surprise, surely.

---
Spoiler: Erin Strand (click to show/hide)

Speaks
If he was at his planet of origin, Speaks would undoubtedly destroy these gloves with extreme prejudice.  On the road, however, he might as well keep them; like the Dazzle Suit, who knows when it might prove useful.

"Fascinating gear, good Lux!  Might I inquire as to any other places to spend these tokens?  I feel I could make far more gear than I could transport effectively!  Do we have lockers to store excess?"

Talky turn to give the GM a break

'Well... hmm! I guess you could exchange them for credits. There's all kinds of stuff on the AllMarket these days! I'm sure they'd love to buy that junk you're lugging around! We should have a trade terminal set up here somewhere... Only, I don't know how much these things are worth, really,' Lux says and trails off. Despite her having no visual representation with facial features, Speaks gets a sense of contemplative frowning. [6] 'Oh, I don't know, maybe 10,000¤ for each Token! Does that sound fair? I guess I could ask the General...'

'Of course you have lockers, silly. You have a vault! Or you can just leave them lying around. It should be fine - it's not like we'll be invaded by a crack team of teleporting villains looking for vengeance in the future! Or... something like that. Ha, ha.'

---
Spoiler: Speaks (click to show/hide)

London, Crit and Evil Roy

Crit and London trade absinthe for a Token. Evil Roy belts out an impressive musical number as his full name/introduction while London looks on in appreciation, as a prelude to their trade of Despair Stone for Peace Pigeons. Who's getting the short end of this deal remains to be seen.

---
Spoiler: London Tanner (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Evil Roy (click to show/hide)

---
A note on credits and just buying things from the galactic markets like an amateur: you're unlikely to find better gear from the store than from lucky generations of the Fabricator, but it is good for knicknacks like special ammo materials, drug refills, mission intel and support (y'know, possibly - you might just be buying more enemies for yourself!), etc.

The Spirit is +Max HP. What can I say, those 19th-century mad scientists knew what they were doing! Also, this game has never been about balance, though I remain somewhat wary about giving you access to things like [Quantum-Mechanical] [Black Hole] [Short Sword]. Somewhat.

Apologies if I missed something, I'll include it in the next one.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 30, 2015, 06:42:26 pm »

Fun...ish side note: Twinwolf's latest weapon was almost the first genuinely cheerful and optimistic weapon of the game. A combo of Love and Friendship? Even my twisted, evil heart didn't want to ruin that.

Then, naturally, I rolled Blood, and it became a matter of deciding between this or a Madoka-style 'seemingly innocent, secretly horrifying' sort of thing (blood sacrifices to make people love you, maybe). So there we go. We were so close.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 30, 2015, 08:13:55 pm »

You don't consider Speaks's robe optimistic?   ;)  I love it, by the way.

Speaks nodded sagely.  "Well, let us see what challenges the next assignment holds for us before we venture into such a business dealing.  I shall requisition a couple more items in the meantime!"

Let's hit up one each of Other Equipment and Other Consumable.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 30, 2015, 08:20:42 pm »

It seems to be pessimistic by design. A fireproof cassock means you expect the worst, ie, catching on fire. Though I mean, if fire and nudity is your particular cup of tea - I don't judge - it could very well be optimistic.

I hope I get the chance to include more gear from the mysterious planet of Rollyisland in the future.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 30, 2015, 08:21:50 pm »

That fecking planet?  Full of gobshites.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 30, 2015, 08:25:25 pm »

One more weapon, one protection.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 30, 2015, 09:20:52 pm »

While the rest of her teammates seem to doubt the wisdom of such an enormous investment, London can still remember the thrill of piloting the sturmeagle. She makes her own way to the vehicle bay and puts the last of her tokens into the machine for a small vehicle.

((What in Stalin's unholy name is in that green bottle?))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 30, 2015, 09:23:43 pm »

By the way, what happened to that MPL-188 I had?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 30, 2015, 09:38:13 pm »

It seems to be pessimistic by design. A fireproof cassock means you expect the worst, ie, catching on fire. Though I mean, if fire and nudity is your particular cup of tea - I don't judge - it could very well be optimistic.

I hope I get the chance to include more gear from the mysterious planet of Rollyisland in the future.
((Just taking the time to spread the word Velafi, it means to jump off a cliff nude and on fire.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 31, 2015, 12:19:56 am »

It doesn't seem like enough teammates want to work together to buy a vehicle. Crit beeps sadly and his screen dims.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 12:31:56 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 31, 2015, 04:59:59 am »

By the way, what happened to that MPL-188 I had?

It was vaporized, like all other things Nazi.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 31, 2015, 05:14:15 am »

It doesn't seem like enough teammates want to work together to buy a vehicle. Crit beeps sadly and his screen dims.

Evil Roy expresses enthusiasm at the idea of a vehicle, but suggests that perhaps it would be wiser to wait until the mission briefing before buying a vehicle of some sort. What if, for instance, their next mission were uncannily similar to the previous one? After all, there is only limited use for a large vehicle in a hallway-based mission of murder and destruction.

Now, if they were to be informed that the very next mission was to be, say, the elimination of a robotic speedo-based dictator from a frozen, mine-laden wasteland, then one could be said to be in business, and in such an event he would be delighted to donate some tokens for a large vehicle that could help them navigate the boreal tundra.

As he waits for more precise mission parameters, Evil Roy sees no harm in obtaining another Weapon from the Fabricator.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31