Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31

Author Topic: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Mission II!]  (Read 55859 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Mission: Sky Nazis!]
« Reply #315 on: December 13, 2015, 02:38:10 pm »

Crit rotates though a bunch of allied posters on his cracked screen to make sure everyone knows he is on their side. He also waves to London.

He removes Herr Doctor's equipment and goes through the pockets searching for any key cards, mysterious syringes, ray guns or the like.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 04:46:35 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Mission: Sky Nazis!]
« Reply #316 on: December 13, 2015, 02:39:31 pm »

Erin blinks. Finally she'd f-ing hit something. Time to loot. Staying well away from the shadows.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 13, 2015, 05:21:14 pm »

London, secure in the knowledge that her fellow Heroes have the Doktor under control, takes the most direct route to the bridge possible.

"C'mon, comerades! It's time ta end this!"

((I think the map was nice, in it's bare-bones simplicity. I think the complexity of the Doktor's shadow tech made it situationally useful, but I fully agree that having one for every encounter is certainly not necessary. Besides, seeing as we're running off of movie logic more than anything else, there's no need for a map like there is for something more rules-heavy like a pen-and-paper game where there are fixed rules for movement and such.))
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 05:23:59 pm by Ruludos »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 13, 2015, 06:07:51 pm »

Evil Roy
Evil Roy checks for avenues of approach to the Bridge. How many are there? And do any seem objectively better than others?

Gazing into the bridge entrance corridor, Evil Roy identifies two obvious points of entry. The first is the corridor. The second may be the tube system he just entered through - it seemed to split off towards the bridge. He might, of course, make another way with any combination of backtracking, high explosives or determination, but that seems like a lot of work for unknown advantage.

---
Spoiler: Evil Roy (click to show/hide)

Speaks
Once more, for good measure.

A diamond tooth, shot through the biggest, flashiest, most important looking piece of equipment.  A second shot through the second-most important looking bit.

Then abscond mightily.

[3+1=4] Speaks looks around a bit and then shoots one of his shiny diamond teeth into the control panels. It punches its way inside with a pleasant spray of sparks and a dying of screens. He follows up with another shot through a marginally less important-looking piece of machinery. This should make any attempt to regain control a bit trickier.

The next part of his plan is a touch harder. [3] Speaks heads out, but is already intercepted at the doorway as a broad-shouldered crewman barrels into him with a furious cry. [3+1=4]vs[3] Speaks is marginally faster to react, though both of them stagger around in such clumsy confusion they do more damage to themselves than eachother. [Dodge:3] Speaks claws the man across the chin, causing little lasting harm but at least getting the Nazi off him. Using the chance, he bolts out of the door.

[4] The engine room is abuzz with activity and more than a little panic. The number of guards is countable with half a hand, and the sounds of gunfire seem to be reaching ever closer. Alarms continue to wail over the general hubbub. Despite the chaos, a few pointing figures and calls lock on to him (to be fair, he is a saurian horror from outer space), so Speaks needs no further convincing to vacate the premises. [1] He gets to the door he came through when his luck suddenly drops out from under him and he's faced with a wall of Nazi stormtroopers charging right at him.

[2,6,4,1,4] Though they appear to be fleeing from something, they're still holding onto their weapons - as Speaks, much to his dismay, now finds out. [Dodges:6/6/6] He immediately launches into an astounding display of acrobatics that sends him flying into walls, somersaulting past scorching laser beams, limboing point blank volleys of death and using Nazi heads as launching pads for further displays of absurdly show-offy dodging. The Nazis open up at eachother in confusion, and the ones who survive are left staring slackjawed as he skips away into freedom.

In the next room, where his tube originally landed him, he finds another kind of squad entirely. Men who appear to be uniformly bearded and fur-hatted approach with submachineguns pointed his way. [4] Thankfully, his alien appearance appears to convince the Soviets he might not be a Nazi, and they choose not to fill him with lead.

---
Spoiler: Speaks (click to show/hide)

Crit and Erin
Crit rotates though a bunch of allied posters on his cracked screen to make sure everyone knows he is on their side. He also waves to London.

He removes Herr Doctor's equipment and goes through the pockets searching for any key cards, mysterious syringes, ray guns or the like.

Erin blinks. Finally she'd f-ing hit something. Time to loot. Staying well away from the shadows.

In the lab, Crit and Erin turn to the most important part of a hero's job - looting! Crit drops down to the bad Doktor's moaning body while showing lots of Allied symbols on his screens. The red stars and hammers and sickles appear to mollify the bloodthirsty Soviets, though it's perhaps your willingness to go through the pockets of a man you threw down from a balcony that convinces them that you're not on his side.

[6] Under his suit, he's wearing an ordinary labcoat with a lot of pockets. Crit finds some papers of little interest, his wallet (a few lonely silver reichseagles - science doesn't pay, it seems), and a heavy lab tube filled with a liquid that... seems to be changing color and texture constantly. It appears to contain many, perhaps all, different chemicals at the same time - Nazi science might be worth something, after all. Furthermore, there's a key, though it's the strangest key he's ever seen, with similar properties. He can't seem to see what it actually looks like - at times, it seems a similar key of metal, other times an electronic keycard, and then again some strange, organic mass. Everytime he tries to focus on it, it's something else entirely. The scientist struggles in vain as the robot loots them off him.

Crit: Quantum Lab Tube gained!
Crit: Quantum Key gained!

Erin, too late to attend to the Doktor, goes to search the fallen troopers instead. They have far less things of interest - a photo of family there, a draft of a novel in making here, some well-worn love poem, a grandma's cooking recipe... useless trash, to put it simply. She does take a Nazi submachinegun and flashlight, in case they prove handy.

Erin: MPL-188 gained!
Erin: Flashlight gained!

While they're at it, one of the lights at the edge of the room flickers and dies. Potentially alarming. The Nazi scientist seems to be begging the heroes not to leave him there.

---
Spoiler: Comrades (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Erin Strand (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crit (click to show/hide)

London Tanner
London, secure in the knowledge that her fellow Heroes have the Doktor under control, takes the most direct route to the bridge possible.

"C'mon, comerades! It's time ta end this!"

Followed by her eager Soviet comrades, London runs up the stairs and heads straight for the bridge. Nothing is going to keep her from Heroics!

They enter the Bridge and come to a stop. It is, in som regards, a supersized version of the previous ship's bridge - a circular space with large glass windows making up the far wall. Here, though, a literal bridge leads to an enormous silver throne looking over the entire space, and on that throne is the only person in the room.

Well. Using the term 'person' loosely.

What rises out of that throne to face London and her company seems to be more rippling muscle than man, a huge, towering giant with four bulging arms and legs as thick as tree trunks, still wearing the rags of something recognizable as a Luftwaffe commander's uniform and adorned with all the insignia and pauldrons of a Reichsmarschall. Reddened eyes stare out of a face that might've once been handsome until it became all too fat.

The giant shakes himself loose of see-through tubes that connect him to his throne, and in each hand picks up an enormous machinegun.

'Marx save us!' a Soviet whispers at London's ear. 'It's the monster himself! It's Göring!'

With booming laughter, four-armed, gene-engineered, regenerating Hermann Göring comes to face the Heroes of Justice!

Spoiler: The Reichsmarschall! (click to show/hide)

---
Spoiler: London Tanner (click to show/hide)
---
Speaks should be banned from rolling that well. Look at the few past turns!

I find it unbelievably funny a member of the team has gone solo and doomed the ship everyone's on to certain doom... again.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 06:11:34 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 13, 2015, 07:03:17 pm »

In order to cover all the bases, Evil Roy takes the tubeway to the Bridge. Discreetly, mind you.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 13, 2015, 08:23:11 pm »

((Well damn, Goring is an absolute monster! I mean... with those inaccurate machine guns it might be possible to take him out at range, but he has so much health! I'm not getting anywhere near him!))

All of the color drains from London's face as Goring rises from his throne. "He... we have ta kill THAT?!"

London dives behind the nearest piece of cover and begins peppering Goring with plasma shots!

"ERIN! CRIT! We need ya! here NOW!"

EDIT:
((Sorry I didn't wave back, NAV :c))
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 08:31:56 pm by Ruludos »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 13, 2015, 08:33:32 pm »

Erin runs to London. Assuming action is allowed on arrival, Mnemonic Autocannon! She could use the Nazi scum's gun, but those guns were for Nazi scum.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 13, 2015, 09:58:34 pm »

Crit chops of the Doktor's head and takes it Leave the Doktor and run to help London!
When he gets there take the green rifle from Erin and shoot Hermann!

The green rifle is pretty much a perfect regenerating boss killer, assuming it can actually hit.
+Internal Bloom [Hits on unprotected organic targets cause lingering damage until dead, starting at 1 and increasing every turn. On the third turn, Stunning +1 attacks begin as well.]
I mean damn, look at that.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 12:05:35 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 13, 2015, 10:07:01 pm »

"Give it back when this guy's dead, if we're both still alive." Erin says when Crit takes the weapon.
Sigtext!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 13, 2015, 10:09:56 pm »

Crit beeps affirmatively.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 13, 2015, 10:24:36 pm »

((Yeah, Erin's weapons are ideal for taking down boss enemies. Against the weaker fare, though, they're quite impractical...

Also, not sure if you can attack, move, then attack again in the same turn.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 13, 2015, 10:26:14 pm »

((That's why I said "if there's time".))

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 14, 2015, 07:55:52 am »

In this case, killing the Doktor is essentially a free action. It's more of a mercy kill - given that he'd otherwise be slowly devoured by evil shadows, this might be an actually heroic act. Something close to it, anyway. The fact you're taking the Doktor's head with you is... maybe not.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 14, 2015, 09:18:37 am »

Speaks bowed toward the new arrivals.  "Well met, fellows!  It would appear that both of us are no friend of Nazis.  I have worked to incapacitate the engines, and I believe that my efforts were unsuccessful.  I have a few friends on this ship; do you happen to know where they are?"

Go with the Soviets with the others if they know where they are.  Simply go forth from the engines if not.

((And yes, my rolls have been nuts lately.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 14, 2015, 12:05:53 pm »

((I changed my action to leave the Doktor and help London as soon as possible. Hope no one minds.))
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31