Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31

Author Topic: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Mission II!]  (Read 55919 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((The dice... they've turned on me!))

"Beyond his time? BEYOND HIS TIME?! I am Vissilik, and it is I that is a genius beyond his time! Nyaaaaaaaah!"

Show this Nazi a TRUE genius beyond his time! By stabbing him a lot!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((The dice... they've turned on me!))

"Beyond his time? BEYOND HIS TIME?! I am Vissilik, and it is I that is a genius beyond his time! Nyaaaaaaaah!"

*rolls ten straight ones, while the captain rolls ten straight sixes*
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Mission: Sky Nazis!]
« Reply #167 on: September 03, 2015, 09:15:54 am »

Evil Roy and Speaks
Evil Roy puts his bear sword to good use, presumably hoping that it works on something as vague as an impending sense of doom as he tries to stab one of the livelier stormtroopers with it.
Shoot the alive one Roy doesn't.

[4] Evil Roy draws the Ursus and ambulates over to the Stormtrooper still in reach. He, perhaps, has a theory that the power of the weapon might work on the uncomfortable knowledge of mortality and fear of the unknown, and fear of the unknown alien invaders, currently afflicting the Stormtroopers. The screams of the trooper pumped full of Psychos continue in the background. [Dodge:6] Evil Roy's swings drive the Stormtrooper back with stumbling steps until he trips on the doorway of Security and goes sprawling into the room. [6-1=5] Before Evil Roy can skewer him, he manages to get his hands around his submachine beam weapon and [Dodge:1-1+1=1] points the barrel right against Evil Roy's vague mass. [Damage:4*2=8] White-hot beams of energy lance into his form again and again, until the trooper's weapon clicks empty. The pain is beyond description.

[3-1=2] The Nazi stares at his weapon and the still-alive Evil Roy with an expression of dawning horror. [4] [Dodge:1] Evil Roy takes a moment to convey his displeasure and then proceeds to impale the man on his sword. [Damage:5*2=10] The blood gushes out with intense, amplified force, [1] blasting into Evil Roy with the approximate force of a wicked right hook. [Stunning:6+1=6] The alien is covered in gore, but pushes on regardless, perhaps even pleased.

At the same time, Speaks has been targeting the other still-standing Nazi. [3] Though the man is behind armored glass, Speaks has faith in the precision of his tiny teeth. [Dodge:3] The spinning, rather yellowish, tooth strikes the glass [Damage:3/2=2-2=0] and gets stuck in it, deforming it inwards slightly. The Nazi behind is unharmed, but his glee is short-lived, as he turns to see the blood-covered, sword-wielding Evil Roy in the room with him, looming over the horrifyingly mutilated body of his comrade and backlit by the tortured screams of the Psychos-ed trooper. [3-2=1] The pained trooper is no condition to do anything productive.

[3] 'I... surrender?' the still-standing Nazi says, admirably hopeful.

Evil Roy looks around in the Security room. There are a number of monitors showing camera feeds from the ship. There appears to be one of the hall they came from - a surprising amount of plants appear to have sprouted since their departure, one of Medical - the girl appears to have calmed down, one of the Cells - there appears to be atleast one prisoner, currently singing something impressively lewd in Russian, one of the Bridge - is that Vissilik? And several of corridors, of the engine room, and so.

One wall of Security is given over to weapons. There are more MPL-188s, pistols and what seem to be sticks with skulls on them. Nazi insignia is a bit repetitive, really. There are also radios, and some kind of blueprints. 

---
Spoiler: Opponents (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Speaks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Evil Roy (click to show/hide)

Crit and London
Hug London. Then load up on medical supplies and heal her.
Hug Crit. Try to repair him/heal myself. Dig through those records and try to find something useful.

In this cold, cruel world, sometimes a hug is just what you need. The two Heroes embrace on the floor of Medical, and that simple act already makes them feel much better. Still, they decide a little heal/repair-work is in order, too. [3] Crit gathers what first-aid materials it can and applies some to London, patching up her wounds, dosing her with a plethora of painkillers. That should keep her going for a while longer, at least. [5] London, in turn, breaks open a few machines of dubious medical purpose and tears off a few cabinet doors and trays of medical equipment. She binds them around Crit's damages with whatever's at hand, giving him more fine scrap armor. That's the best she can do without tools.

London: +5 HP
Crit: +5 HP

[5] London, feeling a little better, goes to rummage through the records. They appear to be a collection of medical reports with names like 'Test Log: Extra Appendage Grafting', or 'Rampant Tissue Growth Complications, Test Subject #422', and 'Project Übermensch Autopsies, Lot 220'. Though she's no scientist, it's clear the Nazis have been working on some (undoubtedly morally dubious) experiments to alter the human form. There's also frequent requests for replacement lightbulbs to a lab on the Germania. In fact, most of these tests appear to have been performed there.

---
Spoiler: London Tanner (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crit (click to show/hide)

Vissilik

Agitated, Vissilik goes once more for the kill. [4+1=5] He screeches out his fury and [Dodge:6-2-1=3] slashes and stabs wildly at the smug fat bastard. Gordion does its best to guide his incredibly poor swordsmanship, but the blade barely touches flesh. [Damage:2/2=1+2=3] Greyfang draws a little blood, but the Captain still keeps on his feet. Infuriating.

[3+1=4] [Dodge:3-1=2] Vissilik curses the world as the Captain's counter-blow catches him squarely in the chest. This little battle is proving incredibly annoying. [Damage:5] He decides to ignore the pain and the bleeding, lest his opponent get even smugger.

[1+1=2] The Captain offers a curt aristocratic smile to the crowd rather than press his advantage, [6+1=6] and Vissilik makes him pay for his showboating. [Dodge:1-2-1=1] Greyfang flashes and plunges itself into the Nazi bastard. Gordion beeps happily for this success. [Damage:2*2=4+2=6] The Captain screams out in pain and staggers back, nearly stumbling into the audience. He looks down at his newest wound and then, slowly, waveringly, collects himself once more.

Then he... winks? There's a slight click from his monocle.

---
Spoiler: Vissilik (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 05:43:41 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Mission: Sky Nazis!]
« Reply #168 on: September 03, 2015, 09:23:42 am »

Evil Roy takes a moment to congratulate the soldier's good sense in surrendering. The conventions of warfare still hold even in an ill-planned, strictly irregular venture such as this. He informs the man that he ought to relinquish his gun and lie down on the ground sharpish, so as to not squander any goodwill generated by his kind surrender.

With that in mind, he has a good chat with his actually evil glove to see if it'd perhaps feel like bestowing him with some lifeforce, putting it on the tormented soldier's head to hopefully quiet him down.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 03, 2015, 09:45:52 am »

Speaks nodded.  "An excellent choice, sir!  Prisoners of war shall be treated with respect, as long as they are cooperative... and forthcoming.  Please drop your weapon, kick it to my compatriot here, and get on the floor.  Then let's talk about what we can do from here.  I'd hate for something bad to happen to you, like your erstwhile friend here."

Interrogate the able nazi.  If he tries anything funny, terrorport him.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 03, 2015, 01:28:09 pm »

Despite the brief rest, London's composure is still shaken. Despite the fact that the little robot seemed to hold no grudges, London had still attacked Crit in her drug-induced rage. That wasn't very Heroic.

That, and she was certain that she wanted to avoid any mirrors for now. Maybe killing more Nazis would take her mind off of the whole mess.

"I'm feeling better now, Cit. Let's go see if the others need our help."

Grab any remaining medical supplies and a few of the larger and more important-looking documents, then backtrack and try to find the others.

((It will be the best thing ever if Vissilik gets a promotion Necromonger-style. Would we even be able to take the airship back with us?))
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 01:29:47 pm by Ruludos »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 03, 2015, 05:10:51 pm »

((Would we even be able to take the airship back with us?))
((It is my baby and I refuse to leave it, so yes. :P))

"Foolish fool! Did I not inform you that I, Vissilik, am a genius beyond his time?! Your foolish monocle lasers cannot save you now, for I have predicted your every move! DIE TO MY BRILLIANT PLAN, FOOL, AND WITNESS THE ASCENSION OF THIS AIRSHIP'S TRUE MASTER!"

Dramatically throw my sword at the Nazi, so as to take him out before he can eye laser me.

((There is no way this plan can fail. Oh, and I hate to remind you, but you forgot to record my recent wounding. :I))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 03, 2015, 07:02:09 pm »

Scan important looking documents into my hard drives. Then take as much medical stuff as I can easily carry and go looking for teammate friends to help! Stick with London and hold her hand.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 07, 2015, 07:09:45 am »

Evil Roy and Speaks
With that in mind, he has a good chat with his actually evil glove to see if it'd perhaps feel like bestowing him with some lifeforce, putting it on the tormented soldier's head to hopefully quiet him down.
Speaks nodded.  "An excellent choice, sir!  Prisoners of war shall be treated with respect, as long as they are cooperative... and forthcoming.  Please drop your weapon, kick it to my compatriot here, and get on the floor.  Then let's talk about what we can do from here.  I'd hate for something bad to happen to you, like your erstwhile friend here."

Interrogate the able nazi.  If he tries anything funny, terrorport him.

With the situation of under control, Evil Roy and Speaks decide to make use of their captives. The unpained Nazi obediently kicks his MPL-188 away, keeping his terrified eyes on Evil Roy's blood-spattered form.

[6] Evil Roy attempts to communicate with the tortured souls in his undeniably fashionable gloves. Frantic, sibilant hissing erupts in response, increasing in intensity until it is all he can hear. The whispers surge into his hearing and mind, overwhelming all thought, scraping at memories and caressing the deepest recesses of Evil Roy's souls with thorned touches. The voices seem to unite into a deep, rhythmic thrumming like the very fires of Hell themselves.

Then, after a moment, they withdraw. Evil Roy gets the sense an agreement has been reached. Possibly. He's not entirely sure what his part of the deal was.

Undaunted, Evil Roy plants the Glove on the screaming Nazi's skull. The endless, shifting mouths bite down with glee and rather horrifying gnawing sounds fill the air. Both Speaks and the surrendered Nazi stare in mute horror-slash-fascination. The glove presses down, biting deeper and deeper with the screams of pain increasing in pitch and volume with every passing moment. After a few minutes, the glove relaxes, apparently satisfied, and the man topples down with a final death gurgle. A pleasant feel spreads in Evil Roy's body.

Evil Roy: +3 HP

Meanwhile, Speaks is hard at work interrogating the utterly terrified Nazi. [4] It takes him a while to get the trooper's attention, but he proves more than willing to talk after everything he's seen.

'Ach! I'm forthkoming! I'm forthkoming! Please, mein Herr! These monitors show every area of the ship! And, and, you can control the emergency doors from here! Shut down parts of the ship! Or... or control the alarms! And, there's the cells down there! The Captain has override power, though...'

[2] Speaks glances at the camera feeds. There appear to be quite a few guards streaming towards the front of the ship, where they are, from the back half and lower levels of the ship. He spots gun decks and what seems to be a small bay with smaller aircraft. The blueprints might have some kind of map of the ship.

---
Spoiler: Speaks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Evil Roy (click to show/hide)

Crit and London
"I'm feeling better now, Cit. Let's go see if the others need our help."

Grab any remaining medical supplies and a few of the larger and more important-looking documents, then backtrack and try to find the others.
Scan important looking documents into my hard drives. Then take as much medical stuff as I can easily carry and go looking for teammate friends to help! Stick with London and hold her hand.

[4] London gathers more first aid materials into a makeshift kit, carefully avoiding any mirrors or reflective surfaces. She also grabs a few of the medical files. Who knows, they might prove useful.

[4] Crit also manages to scavenge together some more junk to heal with. Then the robot and the aged warrioress hold hands and walk back to their teammates, guided by horrifying screams of undescribable pain coming from the direction of Security. They find Evil Roy and Speaks there, looking a bit worse for wear.

---
Spoiler: London Tanner (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crit (click to show/hide)

Vissilik
"Foolish fool! Did I not inform you that I, Vissilik, am a genius beyond his time?! Your foolish monocle lasers cannot save you now, for I have predicted your every move! DIE TO MY BRILLIANT PLAN, FOOL, AND WITNESS THE ASCENSION OF THIS AIRSHIP'S TRUE MASTER!"

Dramatically throw my sword at the Nazi, so as to take him out before he can eye laser me.

[2]vs[3] Both combatants on the bridge scream and launch final, desperate attacks. Vissilik pulls back and launches Greyfang through the air with a scream. The Captain juts out his fat double chin and a glaring white beam of energy strikes out from his monocle. To the audience, these acts seem almost simultaneous, but a sharp eye reveals the Captain's electrolaser shoots first.

[Dodge:1] The electric blast surges through the air. Vissilik sees it draw ever closer... ever closer... and flashes right past him. He is already in motion, throwing his sword, and so has no time to feel any joy at such a terrible miss or to do anything about it. But when Greyfang leaves the air, he realizes the Captain has not missed at all. Not at all.

Gordion, smoking and crackling from the direct hit, clatters to the floor. The scan dies away with a sad, drawn-out beep. A faint light shines from Gordion's innards and then fades out.

[Dodge:5] Greyfang flies, but it flies past the cursed, murderous Captain. [1] Each eye on the bridge follows it as it passes, spinning in the air, powered by the enormous strength of arm of a genius beyond his time, going ever further, until it reaches the control console beneath the window and embeds itself in the thruster controls.

There's a burst of sparks and a terrible sound of groaning metal. Then the whole ship shakes and lurches to the side, the great engines in the back of the ship roaring and shaking. Alarms begin blaring and warnings pop up on the screens on the bridge as all power is diverted to the right-side thrusters. The entire frame of the airship trembles. The view outside through the great glass windows turns a little to show the side of the enormous Germania, at least three times the size of this vessel. And, it soon becomes clear, this ship appears to be now locked into a collision course with it.

---
Spoiler: Vissilik (click to show/hide)

---
I was so glad for that sword-throw-miss-and-then-1. The RNG favors doom and destruction/the GM, mwah mwah.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 07, 2015, 07:22:32 am »

Crit waves and beeps at his friends. His screen shows a caduceus because he is ready to heal!
Go apply first aid at Evil roy's general direction.
Also grab a nazi gun from a surrendered nazi and cover it in glue like my sword. Do this in front of him.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 07, 2015, 10:22:08 am »

"Compatriots!  We have secured this location.  Perhaps we could-"

Speaks is cut off as the engines power up.

"Ah!  It appears they are adjusting for us.  Perhaps we could lock off these reinforcements before they accost us?"

Let's see if we can lock down those extra Nazis from getting to us.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 07, 2015, 12:18:34 pm »

Evil Roy accepts the first aid with grace, though he keeps a vision-related organ out for any approaching danger.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 07, 2015, 01:01:24 pm »

Welp, down the waitlist we go!

Name: Brawn the Bodyguard.
Description: Wears skin tight leather underwear, and some fancy boots. You know, exatly what a generic wrestler wears.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 07, 2015, 05:02:37 pm »

((Are the Security PCs aware of how pear-shaped the situation is right now?))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 08, 2015, 12:16:15 am »

((Nope!  That makes it more entertaining.))
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31