Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Under the Alien Stars-Burned World  (Read 11668 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Under the Alien Stars-Actually started! Yay~
« Reply #90 on: August 14, 2015, 02:13:15 pm »

((...Somehow I completely forgot this. Waitlist once I finish a sheet. Are there any gaps in the party composition that need filling?))
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 02:52:05 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2015, 03:24:52 pm »

((...Somehow I completely forgot this. Waitlist once I finish a sheet. Are there any gaps in the party composition that need filling?))

((Humm...hard to say, since this not based on any system. We seem pretty balanced, tho nearly everyone except myself has very good combat stats.

Skill wise, we've got...

~Camilla: Party Face, Technician, Zero-G Specialized. High mental stats, very low physical and combat stats except for agility. Everyone dumped Fellowship but me, where it is my highest skill. I will negotiate the order in which we are eaten!
~Resun: High STR Melee warrior with technical skills relating to armor. Balanced stats all around.
~Hector: High STR Melee warrior with weak psionics. Junkbin of skills-parrying, first aid, salvaging. Generally low mental stats.
~Nikolia: Ranged Warrior with ballistics skill, high INT and skills specialized to hunting. Fairly balanced, but very low strength and melee skill.
~Culla: High STR and toughness melee tank, with heavy armor. Few technical skills outside of assisting this role, and low mental stats.
~SIBIAJ: Ranged warrior with high ballistics. Balanced stats, ah...alligator wrestler, shooter, hunter. Apparently hates crocodiles.

We lack any sort of doctor or healer, that is our biggest blind spot.
))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 14, 2015, 03:27:38 pm »

((Dedicated psionics person once that system is ironed out?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 14, 2015, 03:31:31 pm »

((Dedicated psionics person once that system is ironed out?))

((Yeah, I wondered why you chose psi skill and put your willpower at 1. :P ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 14, 2015, 04:57:22 pm »

((dampe shall not be joining us, and psionics will be fine, you playing one shall even give me ideas!  For now choose a number of powers equal to your willpower, they can be somewhat general if you like for example -telekensis-, but more specific powers will be more powerful))
Nom nom nom

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2015, 05:41:17 pm »

((Can certain psionics be passive. or are they all active?))
Sigtext!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2015, 06:08:36 pm »

((Can certain psionics be passive. or are they all active?))
((They'd be passive but sustained.  For example the hive-mind telepathy could be disrupted in times of great stress, unconciousness, ect.  So for example, if you have a psionic that passively regenerates your body but you get knocked unconcious, it'll suddenly shut down.  Thus why will would be incredibly important so that you can maintain focus even when in extreme agony.))
Nom nom nom

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2015, 06:55:33 pm »

Culla, for her part, did not dream. She was incapable of it; instead, her cryo-sleep was closer to death, her undifferentiated cells dormant. Slowly the heat infiltrated the mass of cells, and once more they became alive.

The suit that contained her began moving - without pattern. A finger, a leg, the head, the waist. Connections between cells were re-established or the trails abandoned. Memories were searched for.

Calcinites never forgot naturally, but they didn't always remember. Important information was backed up, but finding the tenuous connections of the desired memory was not always successful. A consolidated brain had its advantages.

She can feel the urges. Hunger, cold, thirst, from the dehydrating process of near freezing. She clanked out the cryo-tube in her armour, swirling idly behind her faceplate.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2015, 06:57:16 pm »

((I assume that there is some downside to medium armor? Because there aren't any mentioned in the OP, other than not as much protection as heavy armor.))
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 07:02:35 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2015, 07:13:45 pm »

Hector was finishing his survey of the armory when he heard two more cryo chambers open. He walked their way to investigate who had woken up now. He spotted Resun first, on his way to the workshop, but only greeted Resun with a polite I am trusting you slept well?

Passing his comrade he continued on to the cyro room, finding Cull up and about. He didn't bother greeting the calcinite verbally or by thought; he just waved in her direction and indicated the preserves he set out. He then slunk back into the hallway to meet Resun at his workshop.

((I assume that there is some downside to medium armor? Because there aren't any mentioned in the OP, other than not as much protection as heavy armor.))
((I'm assuming movement penalties for the most part; not as much as Heavy, obviously, but more than light. I assume the advanced ones also take more energy to run))
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2015, 07:22:32 pm »

Hector was finishing his survey of the armory when he heard two more cryo chambers open. He walked their way to investigate who had woken up now. He spotted Resun first, on his way to the workshop, but only greeted Resun with a polite I am trusting you slept well?

Passing his comrade he continued on to the cyro room, finding Cull up and about. He didn't bother greeting the calcinite verbally or by thought; he just waved in her direction and indicated the preserves he set out. He then slunk back into the hallway to meet Resun at his workshop.

((I'm assuming movement penalties for the most part; not as much as Heavy, obviously, but more than light. I assume the advanced ones also take more energy to run))
Resun gave him a nod and a smile as he passed, "Yeah." Seeing how he seemed busy, Resun refrained from trying to start a conversation. Shortly after he arrived at his workshop, and doing his quick check over. He had not yet spotted Hector as he did his work.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2015, 07:31:35 pm »

Spoiler: Anita Jameson (click to show/hide)

((Did I mess anything up?))
Sigtext!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 14, 2015, 08:03:42 pm »

((pretty much what flabort said, movement penalities.  That and advanced aside from taking more energy, if they are damaged heavily they tend to fail catastrophically.  Exploding, depressurizing, and the servos locking up are common to advanced armors where as primitive armors tend to either lose their protectiveness, or simply fall off of you.))

Spoiler: Anita Jameson (click to show/hide)

((Did I mess anything up?))
((Looks good and you can hop on in immediately.  I'll do some actual updating tomorrow morning.))
Nom nom nom

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 14, 2015, 08:50:34 pm »

Anita is sitting down in a world that is in pieces around here. Weird dreams, you know.

Stasis has always been weird for Anita. Maybe it's just her, maybe it's something shared by all psionics. Regardless of reason, it is strange. Anita doesn't sleep like the others. She is fully aware the whole way, although sometimes she dreams. The dreams are entirely lucid, and she can change and end them as she wishes. When she wakes up, she feels incredibly rested despite not having truly slept. And nauseous. Very nauseous.

As such, the first thing that happens as she flops out of the pod with the hiss of the air trapped inside rushing out, is that she vomits in the nearest waste disposal.
Sigtext!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 15, 2015, 08:45:31 am »

Quote from: System
Events since last system check:
Comm's Messages-3

Message 1-Hello sir, madame or amorphic alien would you like to enlarge the reproduct- *deleted as spam*

Message 2-S. O. S. our life support is failing critically, requesting assistance  *ignored as destination was too far off course, insufficient fuel to attempt rescue.*

Message 3- Cease movements unidentified vessel, this is S.D.F. Commander Riley, send your credentials and mission report immediately or prepare to be boarded. *evasive maneuvers automatically engaged.* Hey, where do you think you are going, get back here!  -secondary voice- 'Sir, we can't keep up with them... for a pile of junk that thing is fast.'  *comms link lost, enemy out maneuvered, continuing on previous mission course.*

Broad spectrum scan initiated...

Results:

Multiple stable energy sources detected 'it zooms in on one of the multi-colored crystalline growths that cover the bottoms of the floating islands above the gas world.'

Intelligent Life form remains detected. 'the screen then zooms back out, before centering on what appears to be a derelict research station orbiting at a high altitude similar to your ships.  The station looks almost as beat up and old as your own vessel.  No running lights or other signs of human activity are visible.

Large energy form detected, movement detected, target located.  'Swapping focus, the screen clears to reveal a massive creature closely resembling the dragons of old earth mythos.  Multi-colored gems identical to those on the bottoms of the islands line it's sides.  As you watch it chases down a furred herbivore type creature resembling a cow before swallowing it in two large bites.  Despite the low resolution of your scanners screen you can clearly make out the cloud of misty blood as it billows out into the low density atmosphere.

Completing your individual checks on your compartments you find them to be in order.  Other than the usual accumulation of stale air left by the poorly operating life support systems nothing of note in found aboard the vessel.

Aside from Anita's retching into the vacuum operated waste disposal, the only sounds that pervade the ship is the slight humming of it's electrical system and the banging caused by Mac unfolding the solar collectors.  Within a few short minutes he has extended the large sail type constructs out to their full size, giving the vessel the appearance of having wings.  Already the extra energy can be felt to make a difference as the life support ventilation systems spin up to clear out the old stale air.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12