Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Dawn of Evolution II [No Player Limit]  (Read 8595 times)

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Evolution II [No Player Limit]
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2015, 12:24:58 pm »

(Yay I was wondering what happened to my EP)

Seadain
Now comfortable with their new hosts, the Seadain wished to make their hosts more comfortable.
Begin evolving pheromones to communicate with other Seadain, within a host or without. Seadain within a host secrete pheromones which in turn are excreted by the host, with some delay. Seadain outside a host cannot yet communicate with those within one.

(If all that is not enough EP then instead just start evolving communicative pheromones for other Seadain and neural pheromones for communication with the Garooda.)
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2015, 12:31:57 pm »

((What about a camo mutation? To look like rocks, in particular.

I went ahead and added that to the list.

toxins fourth(I should still be able to groom, and the toxins should actually be able to be stored, I hope))

Unless you plan on eating the Mard you groom off, toxins shouldn't get in the way. The poison wouldn't be present in the Mard itself, it would be created when something starts digesting a live colony.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2015, 02:09:29 pm »

Quintions.
If we see glowing parts of caves, start pulling them off.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 08:31:08 am by Yourmaster »
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2015, 02:34:14 pm »

Develop nest building behaviors and increased amorousness. Make nests and burrows out of rocks and corals. Use life sensing ability to find trapoleons and integrate them into the entrances of nests. Protect the nests (and by extension the trapoleons). Use my already developed electric shock ability to stun iron krill to make them very easy to eat.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 08:08:39 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2015, 04:34:14 pm »

We must go deeper! Develop telepathy.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2015, 07:41:55 pm »

The magnetism-carried impulse continues to force ephemeral swarms of krill to clump together, strengthening until they feel compelled to literally grip one another and link together.  With enough in the link, the krill effectively form movable iron balls of their own bodies.

Begin developing "Mace" formation: when krill clump close enough together, they temporarily grab hold of one another with their legs and 'lock' into position until the swarm impulse fades.  With enough progress, this should form small effectively iron balls that can be "pushed" by the rest of the swarm.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2015, 07:44:11 pm »

TRAPLEONS: Evolve a bright red shell over the puff ball part leaving the fins and head out of the shell(red can't be seen without light.) and the shell now produces the stuff we use to attach coral to our selves and keep expanding.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2015, 07:56:32 pm »

continue on as normal
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2015, 07:57:24 am »

The Mard  colonies were tended and cultivated by their hosts, groomed and taken care of in a way previous generations could only dream of. It was only fair, the colonies decided, that the Mard began giving something in return.

Upon contact with their hosts' blood, Mard colonies will begin emitting a secretion which serves both to numb the wound and to speed healing.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2015, 11:06:06 am »

I returned from a short holiday yesterday, expect daily updates again from now on.

Runt: Your species has started feasting on the meat of smaller species. Your spikes turn out to be formidable harpoons and are also able to shatter the shells of some creatures, allowing the Runt to consume the protein-rich meat hidden inside. This change of diet has caused the development of a small layer of fat, somewhat blocking the cold.
Omnivority, Cold Resistance & Pressure Resistance: 1/4
Unspent evolution points: 0

Inanti: Your species keeps growing more resistant to the venom of the creatures thriving in the caverns. More and more previously deadly species are added to the Inanti's diet, causing the population to grow denser once more.
Venom Resistance: 2/3

Carvicts: The increased population density of the Carvicts has caused them to develop rudimentary communication. By moving their legs, pincers and bodies in specific ways, they can now inform others where sources of food can be found, where predators reside and several other basic principles.
Rudimentary Social Behavior: 1/1

Seadain: You have developed primitive pheromones, mainly used to let others know that some hosts are currently occupied, but also to indicate potential sources of food and hosts. Now that you can let other Seadain know that your hosts are currently occupied, the mortality rate of the hosts is drastically lower. The Seadain population density increases.
Primitive Pheromones: 1/1
Unspent evolution points: 2

Quitions: This method is not very efficient. Pulling the bioluminescent appendages in the mouths of the Inanti only startles them, causing them to bite of any tentacles or other parts of Quition inside of the Inanti.
Unspent evolution points: 1

Zanz: Please at least mention the name of your species once in your post. You have succeeded in creating nests from rock and coral, increasing the survival rate of your offspring and allowing your species to expand to the central part of the eastern and western reefs. Incorporating medium sized, fast swimming fish in your nest has been extremely hard however. They do hide in the walls of your nests, but can swim away whenever they want. Your electric impulses are interpreted as group-clumping signals by the Ironside Krill, making it extremely easy for you to binge-eat them.
Nest Creation and Increased Amorousness: 2/2

Baac-Dreh: Please at least mention the name of your species once in your post. You can now send rudimentary telepathic impulses to the members of your species. The population density of your species has grown.
Telepathy: 1/4

Ironside Krill: Your species can now form small, incredibly dense balls. These balls are so heavy they start sinking almost immediately. The other part of the swarm can not push them forward or up, but pushing them down is incredibly effective, allowing the clump to shatter rock, coral and shell alike.
Mace Balls: 1/1

Trapleons: The Evolution of a shell has not really affected the Trapleon, since the coral already offered them quite a lot of protection. Their population density increases nevertheless.
Bright shell: 1/1

Wingeds: Please at least mention the name of your species once in your post. You continue as normal and nothing appears to change.

Mard: Your colonies have started producing a secretion that increases tissue growth in the wounds of your hosts, allowing them to heal way faster than before. It also numbs the wound a little bit, but this seems to have no effect yet.
Healing & Numbing secretions: 1/2

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2015, 11:09:58 am »

(Oh the shell was just a precursor.)

Trapleons: Evolve moveable bones, as this would allow us to sink completely in our shell in times of danger.

(I dare someone to evolve banelings and then invade the cave.)
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2015, 11:20:58 am »

Carvicts:

As the population grew, so did the necessity of nest-building, and the necessity of spreading. The trench was becoming crowded...soon, it would be a necessity to grow past it. The first step on that path, was to live on the sides. As the floors of the trench grew more and more filled, those Carvicts more able to climb, whether for food or territory, began to become more prominent. The increased height was made possible in part by the Mard's protection and the grouping tactics that could fight off predators.

Develop improved climbing capabilities
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2015, 11:22:37 am »

Inanti:finish evolving toxin resistance and spread to the hydrothermal vents

I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2015, 12:11:20 pm »

-wingeds-

evolve more strength
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2015, 12:53:19 pm »

Zanz (sorry about that).

Continue eating and expanding. If the Trapoleons aren't helping with the nests, just eat them as a food source instead.

(Sorry about the confusion, I thought Trapoleons were practically stationary ambush predators).
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11