Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Dawn of Evolution II [No Player Limit]  (Read 8599 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Evolution II [No Player Limit]
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2015, 08:17:05 am »

Hopefully the Mard can discourage the Seadain from screwing in us, too.))
That should help you more immediately than inter-species communication, and might discourage the Seadain a bit since I don't think they'll be able to eat through fungus.

I guess I should be fair and say that they can eat through soft tissues only (yet :3). As it seems currently, the Mard grows first as a soft tissue then into a harder shell like apparatus, the Seadain could eat through it before it hardens.

((I can't say soft layers of Mard will stop you, but they will give you constant indigestion.))
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 08:19:08 am by Whisperling »

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2015, 08:59:11 am »

A crude map has been added to the OP. Could everyone please bold their actions and write the name of their species before posting the action? This makes stuff way easier for me.

Trapleon: Your species slowly but steadily expands their territory.
Unspent evolution points: 1

Ironside Krill: Your species has succesfully evolved the capability to create dense groups for a short time! Large creatures that feed on your species benefit from this, for they can easily devour more krill in one bite.
Clumping behaviour: 1/1
Unspent evolution points: 0

Inanti: This tactic is incredibly succesfull, and your species have claimed a large part of the western caverns as extra territory

Runt: The Runt keep reproducing, and slowly spread to the western part of the eastern reefs.

Quitions: Your tactic is not very beneficial, but doesn't hurt the Quitions either. Some of the Quitions have drifted into the white coral reefs, where they can easily eat unsuspecting creatures that have never seen them. Your territory expands into the southwestern reefs.

Carvicts:(I flipped a coin for this and the outcome was the toxin excretion) Your species has begun to use venom to kill the Mard growing on their spikes. This works really well, but the Carvicts have to eat more venomous creatures. This appears to be no problem, as there are plenty of venomous creatures surrounding the hydrothermal vents. The central hydrothermal vents become part of your territory.
Toxin Excretion On Spikes: 1/1

Garooda: Without the pressure from the depths and heat from the hydrothermal vents, it is hard for the Garooda to survive outside of the trench. They still tried, and managed to kill a great, cuttlefish-like creature with two heads and a row of sharp spikes on its back. Two of the smaller Garooda died due to internal bleeding, caused by the immense difference in pressure.

Seadain: You have succesfully evolved sharp, burrowing teeth. The larger creatures that arrived with the ironside krill are an easy source of food, but sometimes they tend to swim out of the trench, killing all of the Seadain because of the pressure difference.
Sharp Burrowing Teeth: 1/1

Baac-Dreh: A few creatures of your species have recently arrived in the Eden Trench, following the Ironside Krill. Your current territory are the Northern Caverns and Reefs.

Wingeds: Your species has been present in the Eden trench for hundreds of years, but their territory is limited to the Eastern and Southern Caverns, the only caverns with air-pockets large enough to support significant populations.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2015, 09:07:14 am »

Runt:How much would it cost to get spine-ejecting , and how much would it cost to make them travel in packs of 20?

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2015, 09:09:07 am »

Runt:How much would it cost to get spine-ejecting , and how much would it cost to make them travel in packs of 20?
Spine Ejecting + Bigger Pack Travel would be 3 EP together

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2015, 09:15:22 am »

Trapleons - Continue expanding across the coral reef in the same way, eat the smaller fish and avoid the spiky fish, we will own the coral part of the coral reef.  Also EVOLVE quicker reproduction.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 11:17:28 am by fillipk »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2015, 09:22:51 am »

Runt: Start evolving spine ejecting and then bigger pack travel. If i get spine ejecting right away, start scaring the trapleons away. Otherwise, keep being passive and eat coral and reproduce and stuff.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2015, 09:53:47 am »

While the clear clumps of krill were certainly making it easier to support their local food chain, an evolutionary strategy that favours getting eaten was less than ideal.  An adaptation evolved, using small 'sacrificial' clumps to attract large predators away from the main krill swarms - hopefully this would cut down on predation overall.

Ironside Krill: Adapt behaviour to form multiple clumps, shifting them to lead predators away from the main (less dense) swarm.  [A sacrificial survival strategy.]
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2015, 10:01:12 am »

While there is as yet no danger to the Mard colonies, it appears they are not as yet entirely welcome. Many of their hosts have begun driving their colonies away with venom, and others have torn their new skin in battle. In this case, the Mard colonies were of a single opinion- something must be done to show hosts the Mard had more value than a common parasite.

It was decided that the colonies will begin putting out spores, seeking to spread among the species they had already latched on to. At the same time, existing colonies will begin to harden and solidify, providing their hosts with a thick, shell-like protective layer.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 10:19:53 am by Whisperling »

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2015, 10:19:00 am »

Inanti:keep getting food the same way,spread into the northern caverns,and evolve a larger size,keeping mouth size proportinal to length(diameter=about 1/3 body length)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 08:44:44 pm by DAPARROT »
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2015, 11:34:11 am »

Seadain:
The coming changes to the environment negatively impacted the Seadain. Lacking teeth they were unable to keep up. Slowly the pressure forced changes, and teeth. However, the Seadain were weak, relatively flimsy. They weren't safe out in the open, but they would be within another creature.
With the new teeth, numbers of the Seadain attempt to inhabit local Trapleons and Runts as a survival strategy. If the Runts shell proves too hard for our teeth, then give all our effort to the Trapleon.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2015, 12:53:55 pm »

Name of Race: Mendiopic Zanzibid (Zanz)

Physical Description:
A newt that is black, has no eyes, has two sets of arms set closely together on each side, and a long flat tail. It is about 10 feet long including the tail. They are omnivorous and live in packs of 5 to 20. Packs are not territorial, Zanz do not fight with eachother. They are very social creatures who use electricity to communicate and to stun both prey and predator. (Google frilled shark and add arms, remove eyes, and add electricity. That's what it looks like.)

Unusual Traits:
Instead of seeing, they have sensors along their body that detect the electrobiological signals given off by other creatures.
They have a large wide mouth lined with small sharp tentacles. These act like teeth, but are more easily controlled.
They also have a single long barbed "tongue". It is 5 feet long and can shoot through the water at incredible speed.
They are capable of releasing powerful electric shocks and communicating by small electric discharges.
Any Zanz that is diseased or affected by parasites will release powerful electrical charges until it burns away the parasite or dies of electric overcharge.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 01:12:26 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2015, 01:00:13 pm »

Evolution: Evolve so they can last longer outside the trench. Allowing quick hunting missions.

The Garooda will explore the deeps, searching for new prey.

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2015, 01:17:20 pm »

PTW/Enter.
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2015, 01:54:31 pm »

business as usual (hunt, consume, mate, sleep)
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2015, 04:42:41 pm »

Baac-Dreh: "Infect". What creatures have I "infected" so far?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11