Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What sort of class do we want our lord to be?

A dashing swordsman!
A skillful thief!
A mesmerising dancer!
An incredible archer!
A powerful mage!
A knowledgeable shaman!
A compassionate healer!
A calm soldier!
An expert horseman!
A dazzling monk!
A rider of winged steeds!
A tamer of dragons!
Why can I vote on this even though I made the poll?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35

Author Topic: [FEF] - Horrendous Horrible Hurricane OOC  (Read 26247 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: [FEF] - Horrendous Horrible Hurricane (Now Accepting Applications)
« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2015, 11:21:34 pm »

Well, enemy thieves to kill is perfectly viable. I.e. they steal the shit, we murder them and take it. Happened often in Awakening but the thieves would also often speed off the map with the loot...
Black lives matter.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2015, 11:23:07 pm »

That ruins the surprise, though. xD and it means I can't have booby trapped chests.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2015, 11:28:26 pm »

You don't have to show us what the thief has before we get it... :P
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2015, 11:57:31 pm »

Spoiler: UnseriousConcert (click to show/hide)

1st: Thanks Uxie. ^^^ It's a lot more backstory than I give most of my characters to start with, that's for sure. (The only one I put more into was Henry, and that turned out... disappointing. >.>)

2nd: The Crusader's skill Mission From God (only usable once per map, and it has to be my first action not counting moving I think) allows me to declare one First Class and its promotions and when I attack units of that class, I get WTA. The book says, however, that does not mean they don't get WTA as well, so if I were to declare a lance-using class as my enemy and then attacked them with a sword, we would both get the bonuses of WTA. At least, that's my understanding from the wording.

3rd: The healing skill is most useful in the early game, and it will be useful for Vulneraries all game, but when we get to Concoctions and Elixers it won't matter as much. Also, items tend to have a lot less uses per stack than staves, so it's not nearly as abusable. Finally, picking it up gave me the idea for the first paragraph of her backstory, so it has that going for it. :P

Yeah, thieves are generally an underused class as a whole. Probably because people like combat most and thieves are basically support units. That and if there's a door or chest on the map, they know what they have to do before they get to start fighting. Hopefully we'll get one, if not, eh.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 12:00:03 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2015, 12:14:23 am »

#yodo

"I hear a thief is needed?"

Alisa Ferrer
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 12:17:25 am by F.O.E. »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2015, 12:19:44 am »

"No, you see, we wanted a thief who was wasn't strikingly beautiful."
"Note: this is horribly out of character for me, oh gods."
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2015, 12:38:40 am »

I was going to note she was surprisingly cute, myself. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2015, 01:47:50 am »

Now that I have a "speaking" mug for Aenbarr in FOE's game, I'll just need to decide which concept of many to pick and work on for this game when I wake up.

Depending on how long it takes until selections are made, I might end up using a character sitting around with a nearly-done mug and which I was considering making into either a Mage Knight - not too likely in this game since we seem to have plenty of magic to toss around - or a Warrior. If I go with the latter I'll end up sorely missing Glowcat's Weighted Blow.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2015, 02:40:34 am »

Notice to Bluexdog: As things currently stand it is exceedingly likely your character as he is will not be accepted. 

1st: Thanks Uxie. ^^^ It's a lot more backstory than I give most of my characters to start with, that's for sure. (The only one I put more into was Henry, and that turned out... disappointing. >.>)

2nd: The Crusader's skill Mission From God (only usable once per map, and it has to be my first action not counting moving I think) allows me to declare one First Class and its promotions and when I attack units of that class, I get WTA. The book says, however, that does not mean they don't get WTA as well, so if I were to declare a lance-using class as my enemy and then attacked them with a sword, we would both get the bonuses of WTA. At least, that's my understanding from the wording.

3rd: The healing skill is most useful in the early game, and it will be useful for Vulneraries all game, but when we get to Concoctions and Elixers it won't matter as much. Also, items tend to have a lot less uses per stack than staves, so it's not nearly as abusable. Finally, picking it up gave me the idea for the first paragraph of her backstory, so it has that going for it. :P

1) Now you've put more pressure on me to make sure this game goes well! >_>

2) Yeah, I'll allow it since it's a slightly more versatile version of the vs [First Class and Promotions] trigger and fits a Crusader's theme quite nicely. I'm assuming you mean when the WTA effect is in effect your skill triggers.

3) Hence why I'm letting you use it. :v

@FOE: Character seems fine. On another note...

OH GOD I FORGOT THE WEAPON GROWTH RULE. Do you guys think I should use it, or not? I mean, most games I've seen have had it...

You know, as it stands, there's really two directions I could take the plot. The more "regular" plot, or the SUPER ULTRA MEGA PLOT TWIST plot. Which do you guys think you'd prefer?

The circle is complete.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2015, 06:32:58 am »

The Weapon Growth Rule? Isn't that just giving every character Discipline? If so I'll have to pick a new skill since that's what Ashlyssa has. Not that I would mind getting a free skill... :P

As for plot, I'd rather not discuss it either way. I dun like spoilers. :V

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2015, 06:44:41 am »

Do whichever one feels appropriate. Maybe decide at the point the plot twist would happen.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 28, 2015, 06:59:54 am »

If you did that I could take a different, perhaps more fitting, skill :P. I don't really care one way or another though, do what you want (this applies to both free!discipline and plot).

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2015, 07:11:11 am »

Announcement: Pseudodiscipline is now in the game. Those of you who took Discipline as a character skill may change it if you wish.

Quote from: Gameplay Changes
-Each character may increase one weapon subcategory that they already have access to by a single increment at level 10 first class, and level 10 promoted class.
The circle is complete.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2015, 07:22:05 am »

Edited backstory.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 28, 2015, 07:51:22 am »

Notice to Bluexdog: As things currently stand it is exceedingly likely your character as he is will not be accepted. 
-----------------------------\
Why? what do I has to change?
No sig yet
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35