Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1729303 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #8685 on: April 22, 2020, 12:39:39 am »

Well, I finally conceded that game after 80 years of fighting the Contingency.  I ended up spending half a million alloys rebuilding my fleet multiple times, and every time I probably would have been better off waiting to build up a much larger fleet, but I kept worrying about the growing number of fleets just camping in the machine world system next door.

I tried expanding my alloy production and almost doubled it.  That did help me rebuild faster, but it was just not going to be enough.  Ended up converting my battleships over to penetration weapons, which helped I think, but it wasn't enough either.

The contingency had something like 10 million fleet power sitting on the machine world next door, and every so often another fleet spawns and just sits there, adding another million to it.  I don't think it's possible to produce enough ships to take them in this game.  After they invaded and took the Terminal Egress system, I called it.  I needed to take that machine world out much sooner.

Time to start over with a more normal start and see if I can take the 10x crisis.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8686 on: April 22, 2020, 02:00:07 am »

synthetic dawn has orthogonal mechanics to the game, like lithoids you mostly see these when playing specific empires, I think overall adds less content than story pack but enable more options and play styles
Synthetic Dawn also lets you play the various Machine Empire types, which are definitely unique gameplay styles IMO.
Black lives matter.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #8687 on: April 22, 2020, 02:42:38 am »

synthetic dawn has orthogonal mechanics to the game, like lithoids you mostly see these when playing specific empires, I think overall adds less content than story pack but enable more options and play styles
Synthetic Dawn also lets you play the various Machine Empire types, which are definitely unique gameplay styles IMO.

isn't this the same I said?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8688 on: April 22, 2020, 07:40:04 pm »

You didn't really specify.
Black lives matter.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8689 on: April 23, 2020, 12:14:18 am »

So what did I decide to run as my first race after getting all this socio-econo-political DLC?

Killbots with the conduct that makes them intent on killing everybody in the galaxy, which means they can't trade, can't negotiate, can't form federations, and just basically can't do anything other than make a giant murderball of ships and systematically purge every planet. Yep, that was a good idea.  ::)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8690 on: April 23, 2020, 02:02:33 am »

Genocidal empires can be fun to play, and Federations adds stuff that anyone can use (like Origins and the Juggernaut).
Black lives matter.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8691 on: April 23, 2020, 08:58:07 am »

Spoiler: hot take (click to show/hide)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8692 on: April 23, 2020, 10:22:49 am »

Some people like that.
Black lives matter.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8693 on: April 23, 2020, 11:11:01 am »

Spoiler: hot take (click to show/hide)
Unless I'm doing a stupid gimmick run, my standard empire is a genocidal empire. I just appreciate carving out a wide demilitarized zone in galactic space and playing like an exceedingly more hostile enigmatic observer, occasionally intervening for shits and giggles

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8694 on: April 23, 2020, 05:03:00 pm »

Well, I had the smart idea to play as a Militarist, Authoritarian, Xenophobe, thinking that my neighbors would then be peaceful, egalitarian, alien-lovers.  One was a Federation Builder...and the other an Honorable Warrior.  And slightly further out were all xenophobe authoritarian.  I pushed the Militarilist to dump one of the others, and get the Authoritarian dumped.

My massive plan to get neighbors that were decent folks that would band up against me, and whom I could then reform myself and join too, failed.

I understand why people play various forms of purgers, because they're all assholes in Stellaris.  Lots of respect for the hivers and assimilators, at least they understand its the governments and not the aliens (mostly).

...and of course, I prefer building to fighting, so being ultra-miltarist is actually pretty weak.  I'm going to start a war just to tech up from enemy salvage.  Maybe I'll break out into open space, might lose an uncolonized system, but whatever.  Give my people what they want I guess.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8695 on: April 23, 2020, 07:10:41 pm »

This building confuses me--

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What on earth is that bit in the middle about Coordinators about? This building should have absolutely nothing to do with them...?
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8696 on: April 23, 2020, 08:19:55 pm »

looks like a bad tooltip/localization

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8697 on: April 23, 2020, 08:30:57 pm »

It looks like they attached the wrong job type tip to the building - or perhaps didn't update it during the Administration/Sprawl rework? Prior to admin-creating jobs, were Coordinators the job that created unity? That SOUNDS right, and if it's a pointer to a description string within the job object, it could be pointing to the old job type given's current description.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 08:36:52 pm by E. Albright »

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8698 on: April 23, 2020, 09:04:38 pm »

I want the more ethics mod to update already. Life means nothing if I can't be a libertarian elitist citizen republic.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8699 on: April 23, 2020, 09:08:28 pm »

They just didn't update it, yeah. Coordinators were the Gestalt Consciousness unity producer, but since the admin cap rework that job has been given to Synapse Drones (HM) or Evaluators (MI) and Coordinators now produce admin cap.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 632