Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1726199 times)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #9435 on: June 25, 2023, 06:47:09 pm »

Sorta funny - I was using jump engines to explore some systems that were cut off by a xenophobe fallen empire. Managed to find the "Ransomeer" node. The resulting pirate base established itself in the sector next to the fallen empire. Turns out that they're pissy about anything that's next to them. Their retaliation seems like a tad overkill for ~500 fleet strength, though.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9436 on: June 25, 2023, 09:28:17 pm »

That's hilarious.  I've read a lot of funny things related to the xenophobe FE doing that, like how it used to be possible to trade bordering systems to the AI so that they'd get attacked by the FE, or how newly spawned empires can sometimes spawn there and get their teeth kicked in repeatedly by the FE with no way to stop it.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9437 on: June 26, 2023, 04:01:14 pm »

Every once in a while an FE will go ahead and murder a dimensional horror or two, too.

Who says theyre all bad?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9438 on: June 26, 2023, 08:20:26 pm »

One ate my civ leader recently. Got an event saying my leader would invariably die of a genetic disease, but I could call on a FE to maybe help, so I chose the machine FE next door, who had previously given a health booster to the entire civ (which didn't hurt us in any way.) They took in my leader for treatment, and that was the end of her for me, and the heir prince took over
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9439 on: June 26, 2023, 10:04:44 pm »

Huh, is that a new event?  I've played almost 1800 hours and never seen it, though I have seen the one about the inoculations from the machine FE.  I don't think I've ever gotten a good result from that one so I always say no.

One of many events I know to skip now, like the terraforming equipment I complained about earlier, or the twinkling stars or adrift events.  I wish I could skip the odd factory event too since it feels like 80% of the time it eats a pop.

Most colony events suck to encounter.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9440 on: June 27, 2023, 05:38:57 am »

I'd say I usually get a positive outcome from inoculation events, and since that's permanent but the negative is temporary, I've always been willing to give it a chance.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9441 on: June 27, 2023, 11:22:36 am »

Speaking of "events that I didn't realize have a positive outcome option" - I recently raised three pre-sapient species all around the same time.

As expected, two of them got the "adjusting to their new life is scary, -5% work efficiency;" which is all I've ever gotten.

But one of them got "things are going great!" Never actually had that happen before.

I actually rather like the Odd Factory - sure, it'll eat a couple pops like 90% of the time, but it churns out a lot of alloy each month, and it's a lowest-level job, so even starting robot pops and slaves can man it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9442 on: June 27, 2023, 03:43:14 pm »

I know a lot of events have really cool outcomes if you have specific civics or government styles.  Even specific traits on specific leaders who are assigned to do this one job
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9443 on: July 07, 2023, 02:26:48 pm »

Sometimes we're the ones oppressing ourselves

Spoiler: pic (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2023, 02:28:28 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9444 on: July 07, 2023, 08:08:27 pm »

That event is one I think I hate more than just about any other.  It has so many janky things that can break like that, ends up giving you weird pops you don't want, and the only way to totally be sure you don't see it is to just not research genetic engineering if you have low habitability planets.

That's what I do these days.  It's particularly painful because I usually play Life-Seeded empires, so I have 0% habitability until I get the World Shaper ascension perk and terraform everything.  It can literally be 100 years into the game before I research genetic engineering or take an ascension path because of that.  Almost certainly suboptimal, but Life-Seeded is a very suboptimal origin anyway and I don't really power game.

Technically, the event only fires if you have pops with low happiness and low habitability, so I gambled on it in a recent game since my pops were happy.  That was fine until the Manifesti faction event fired, which promptly tanked a few pops' happiness to 0% because they were making insane demands for their faction, and this event fired very soon after.   ::)  I used to hate the Manifesti thing almost as much, but at least they fixed it so that the faction actually goes away eventually now.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9445 on: July 07, 2023, 10:30:08 pm »

Huh.  I don't think I've ever seen the Manifesti.  Probably because I almost never use entertainers?  I tend to use clerks instead, or occasionally priests or duelists.  Usually I'm running something egalitarian such that everyone's happy enough anyway, with at *least* social welfare.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9446 on: July 08, 2023, 12:40:18 am »

Is that how the Manifesti faction works?  I just assumed it was a random thing every non-gestalt empire had at some point in the game, because I think I've seen it literally every game since it was introduced.

Anyway, I hoped that running social welfare would save me from the event, and it did until the Manifesti ruined those pops' happiness to low faction approval.  A lot of the Manifesti faction demands literally can't be fulfilled.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9447 on: July 08, 2023, 01:56:02 am »

Game year must be 2210 or later, you must be at peace, you need to have Entertainers. Gestalts, Fanatic Purifiers and Oppressive Autocrats cannot get Manifestis.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9448 on: July 08, 2023, 08:23:49 pm »

Just finished a war that involved, literally, the entire galaxy. The game actually hung for a good 45 seconds at the declaration of victory before it popped up this mess:

That's something like 70-odd refugee pops fleeing into my territory.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9449 on: July 08, 2023, 09:53:02 pm »

70 pops is a lot of alloys or research you can be generating.

That was always one of the best parts of playing xenophiles, or at least accepting all refugees.  As the galaxy burns, you just get stronger.  Of course, by the time you're facing the crisis or war in heaven, you've already won or lost, but sometimes genocidal empires can end up sending you pops earlier in the game this way.
Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632