Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1726737 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #5250 on: August 23, 2017, 05:02:01 pm »

In a bit of a tough spot in my current game.

Spoiler: Image, big (click to show/hide)

I'm at the northwest corner. The empires with sensor bubbles around them are my vassals. You can probably spot the four fallen empires. With the exception of the small empire with a triangle for its symbol at the very south of the galaxy, everyone is either in the same federation, or vassal of one of the members.

My fleet power has grown since them, at 64k, but the game considers the two big empires to be a match for me.

Current hope is to awaken the fallen empires or get a crisis so the federation is weakened and my devouring swarm can take them apart.

Still, tough.

EDIT: Well, they declared war on me. And I wiped a 30k fleet without losing a single k of fleet power. So that bodes well.

EDIT 2: I hate fighting wormhole empires. It's next to impossible to pin down their fleets.

EDIT 3: Scratch that. The fuckers have jump drives and can just evade me forever because I'm using warp and have two months of wind-down on my main fleet.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 05:42:14 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5251 on: August 28, 2017, 09:42:54 pm »

Sounds a lot like all the other Stellaris music to my ear... Maybe I'm spoiled by what Civ did with music this last time.

As for the note at the bottom, it's nice to hear that governors are getting looked at. If they're doing things the way I hope, this will include revolts a bit like the already-mentioned machine revolts, but lead by sector governors. But what I suspect is that it'll be relatively minor changes.

Sectors used to be able to revolt, but I don't think that is in anymore, as it related to population tracking that was removed with the Faction system.  It would be nice to see sectors have more "personality".

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5252 on: August 29, 2017, 03:34:55 am »

Revolts still happen. It's just tied to the new unrest mechanic now

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5253 on: August 31, 2017, 11:51:38 am »

Paradox has revealed more free patch features.

I really like the first one since I've seen refugees a grand total of no times.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5254 on: August 31, 2017, 12:04:27 pm »

I've seen refugees once. I had a pretty xenophile empire, so we just welcomed them and they set up shop on a suitable planet. Would have been more notable except we'd already had lots of that species in the empire from migration treaties and this group was just from a small splinter empire that got swallowed up by a xenophobe empire.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5255 on: August 31, 2017, 12:09:20 pm »

I remember seeing refugees a few times. I ran a pacifistic xenophile empire, and refugees from one war or another wound up settling on a few of my worlds. I think one of them was from an empire I had little to no official contact with (one of those friend-of-a-friend things on the other side of the galaxy).
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #5256 on: September 02, 2017, 03:49:41 am »

(snip - please return to your regularly scheduled not the american politics thread)
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5257 on: September 02, 2017, 03:57:38 am »

So how do you guys feel about frozen planet classes being the only ones with high weights for minerals and engineering research? It seems like picking anything other than snow species is gonna suck

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5258 on: September 02, 2017, 04:04:11 am »

We appear to have traveled one day into the past...

My fellow Bay 12ers! I bring grave tidings from the distant future! At this time today tomorrow, nothing of particular concern happens.

That is all.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5259 on: September 02, 2017, 05:01:22 am »

With the expanded habability ranges, I think it should still be OK. I tend to stick robots in all mjneral nodes anyway, someven if my main species is uncomfortable, the minerals will keep flowing.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5260 on: September 02, 2017, 08:52:15 pm »

So how do you guys feel about frozen planet classes being the only ones with high weights for minerals and engineering research? It seems like picking anything other than snow species is gonna suck

nah, it just means that non-snow species will have to either get lucky, or prioritize some way of getting on to snow planets (like robots, gene editing, or incorporation snow species into empire).

starting snow planets aren't likely to be much more mineral rich than non-snow starting planets.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5261 on: September 03, 2017, 12:33:51 pm »

Or, just, like... Colonizing them. Species habitability is not as constrained; any species can colonize any planet now, just depends on how *well* they colonize it. You're not locked out.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5262 on: September 03, 2017, 12:48:01 pm »

Indeed.  In addition, with the happiness-habitability interaction also changed so that it's simply a modifier rather than a hard cap as well, we can also stack on happiness bonuses instead of requiring terraforming to handle settlement of borderline worlds.  With a 20% habitable world, that constitutes a 20% penalty to happiness (2.5% unhappiness per each 10% below 100%).  While there might be a morale penalty to production due to being below 40% happiness if you can't swing the 10% gap via factions, living standards, or the like, it's not an unassailable issue.  Plus, preferential weighting is not exclusive; I went back while digging for specifics, and the screenshot they showed had all three resource types on a single Dry-climate world.  I'm not completely sold on it yet, but I'm not going to discount it entirely. 
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 12:50:21 pm by Culise »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5263 on: September 07, 2017, 06:24:29 pm »

New DD, I like this one

Spoiler: Praise the Omnissiah (click to show/hide)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5264 on: September 07, 2017, 07:36:26 pm »

Nice little changes, but I especially like the implementation of decadence to create a fun gameplay situation. It may be initially bugged, but it seems like a great start at least.
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 632