Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Dark Streets OOC  (Read 8286 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Dark Streets OOC
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2015, 01:47:12 am »

What are our starting spells?

I'm going to write these out in the morning and PM them to players.

Presumably there's a market of some kind and we would know how much things cost. Could we get some standard pricings on things that we might want and that are commonly available?

Yes, that will be coming up sometime tomorrow, like the spells. But, it will be posted in the OOC.

Do we have income from our holdings? Are they the same? Different? How much? If not, are we generating goods from them? I have on orchard. Is it generating fruit? How much? Does it spoil?

Income starts on turn 2.
All holdings start the same, but prices on each good will change over time with supply and demand, which is mostly abstracted to represent a lot of NPCs.

Your orchard is generating fruit now, but you havent sold any yet because you just started.

Do I need to specifically say "gather fruit" or does that happen automatically every turn?

Automatically. Having a business means you also have staff for it. Their pay comes out of your income for the business.

Avery has a Sorceror's shop. Does that generate income? How much? Does he need to stock the store somehow?

Yes it generated income. The same as you for now. Yes, that cost is subtracted from his income.

Does that include the blacksmith, and he's simply not listed under staff? Does he need to acquire raw materials or do materials magically appear and magically be sold each turn?

The blacksmith goes with the smithery, he cannot be told to do other things. He is not part of a player's personal (controllable) staff. He does need to acquire resources. The cost for those will be subtracted from his profits. If theres lots of iron, then he wont have to pay as much to get it. Likewise, if people need a blacksmith, he can charge more.

Does Alexander need to get ore from Gonil to go into business? Does Gonil need to staff his mine to get ore, or does it simply appear every turn?

No, there are plenty of NPC mines willing to sell him ore. His mine includes miners, like all holdings the staff comes with it, but cannot be directly controlled like a personal staff member.

Do we have to pay our staff, or once acquired are they treated as assets?

Yes, their pay comes out of your net income.

How do we acquire more? Can I go to market and buy another wizard? Do I need to train them? Are we assumed to have unlimited racial resources?

You'd have to contact someone at the academy. No you don't have to train them.  No, but there is likely more of most races than a player can employ.

What can a wizard do? What spells do we have?

Wizards are spell casters. Each wizard is different and may have access to different spells (I roll to see what spells each one knows). Spells will be assigned when its not 2AM.

How does this game actually work?

You RP and post actions. I tell you the result of those actions, which will normally be success unless circumstances (like other factions) prevent it. You don't have a specific goal, that is completely up to you. If you want to kill weres, do it. If you want to bring peace, do it. If you want to become rich, do it. Your end goal is up to you.

Or is figuring all of this out through trial and error an intended part of gameplay?

There will be a lot of trial and error. The game is designed that way because you are just starting a new faction. Your character has never done some of the things they are about to do. They are in uncharted waters. So you wont always know everything about everything or have me hold your hand to an end goal. This game is what the players want to make of it.

Any more questions?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 01:52:58 am by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2015, 02:01:51 am »

Any more questions?

I edited in two more after you started typing.

Gonil Godspeed appears on this list but he, his background and affiliations and so forth don't appear on this list Would you add him in?

And would you add bay12 user names to the character list, so we know who everyone is without having to hunt through the OOC thread?

Also, would you add a link to the OOC thread in the OP of the IC thread? I see link to OOC in IC, but not the reverse.

Thanks.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2015, 02:04:43 am »

Any more questions?

I edited in two more after you started typing.

Gonil Godspeed appears on this list but he, his background and affiliations and so forth don't appear on this list Would you add him in?

And would you add bay12 user names to the character list, so we know who everyone is without having to hunt through the OOC thread?

Also, would you add a link to the OOC thread in the OP of the IC thread? I see link to OOC in IC, but not the reverse.

Thanks.

Yes, but for now, It is time for me to sleep. All requests should be completed within a 24 hour period from now unless real life gets in the way.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2015, 02:21:32 am »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 06:39:43 pm by armach »

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2015, 11:02:44 pm »

Accepted, I will right you up an intro in a second.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2015, 11:46:31 pm »

Edited Armach into the OP. I will put you on the layers list and do the links and other stuff in the morning. Spells have been sent out, gods have been assigned, and the market prices for this turn are up. I will do the other stewardly things tomorrow. In addition, I may just post important links (like to the player list) in the OP of the OOC. If I remember in the morning that is.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2015, 11:50:50 pm »

Hmm... Do our respective holdings make income based on market prices, or are they just a set income amount?
Also, does the market buy for cheaper than it sells?

Basically:
If Alexander owns a Blacksmith, and I own a mine.
I sell ore to the market at 50% price (Standard D&D rules), for 150c a turn (If I get a wagonload a turn).
Alexander buys ore from the market at cost for 300c a turn, and then turns that wagonload into X weapons for Y profit.

Would it be possible for me to sell ore directly to Alexander at 75% price, making both of us more money?

Or, for simplicity's sake, would you rather we just own XYZ token money generation things.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 11:54:27 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2015, 11:57:51 pm »

So what's special about the lunatics of my faction?
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2015, 12:01:59 am »

Edited my IC post. (Only really relevant to LB).

A few more PM's, and I may have a workable system down.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2015, 12:11:16 am »

Ninja edits by Tack.

The holdings make income based on market prices.

The market itself is just a collection of shops. So when you buy an item, like ore, you're not buying it from the market as an entity. Instead, you're buying it directly from a mine. The marketplace is just where people go to do their business.

Heres an example of how it works:

Someone mines ore -> They then sell it at the market place -> If it is bought, they get the amount it is worth -> Then expenses (salaries and food) and any taxes are automatically deducted -> And you are finally left with your net income for that week.

Things are sold on the market for their actual value because they come straight from the suppliers. So for you to sell him something at a discount means that you wont make a profit, unless you sold him a greater amount than you would have sold at normal price.

Side note: Personal staff make things a little more complex. I may decrease the initial costs and then increase their weekly salary and removed their food cost. I'm going to need to do some modeling to figure that one out. If I do that change, players will get a refund (assuming that the unit becomes cheaper by me doing that).

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2015, 04:27:49 pm »

I don't have my daemon Pm yet.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2015, 07:19:52 pm »

Lordbucket hasn't actually used his move yet. I'm waiting for him to PM me back about spells. Once that's done and they take an action, we will move onto turn 2.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2015, 09:32:39 pm »

* Employment of an unremarkable but pretty human peasant girl who knows nothing about elves or magic
What kind of stuff goes down in the elf lodge?( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2015, 09:41:56 pm »

* Employment of an unremarkable but pretty human peasant girl who knows nothing about elves or magic
What kind of stuff goes down in the elf lodge?( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

What, nothing about the goats?

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2015, 09:43:52 pm »

If this is going the way it sounds, you might get the milk from a different source.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8