Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Dark Streets OOC  (Read 8291 times)

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Streets: A Fantasy Strategy Sim (0/8)
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2015, 09:46:18 pm »

's six good enough to start?
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2015, 10:17:11 pm »

most humans don't believe in your existence. As a result, one of your main goals is to keep them in the dark.

"Monster" races only? Or are elves and dwarves are keeping up the masquerade too?

Actually, does that even work? Some of our races can reasonably pas for human, but when a bunch of dwarves are selling iron at the market, how are people not going to notice? Plus, we have a couple multi-race factions. When the human shows up at the application desk for a "we accept anybody" faction, how exactly are they going to break the news to him? Are they expected to kill him he he declines after finding out? That's going to be difficult for a mutli-race faction like the Seekers, who's stated goal is to end all fighting.

How is that going to work?

You bring up a few points I've been struggling with for the last few days. Thats why I brought it up. This is the best explination I could think of:

Werewolves and Vamps and elves can all pass for humans with a  simple glamour spell. Same for Teiflings. Dwarves however would need something a bit stronger. In fact, some weres and vamps wont even need them.

As for humans, the majority don't know you exist. So not a whole lot apply to join your factions. Unless they have magical blood in them and are spell casters of some sort. Which in Blackwater, is a fair amount.

I may give it until tomorrow to start.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2015, 12:12:40 am »

Ah, I guess I'll write some lore for werepyers and see if it's friendly to this game.

The werepyer is an odd combination, rarely accepted in circles of vampires or werewolves, leaving them outcasts. They are created when a person born a werewolf is turned by a vampire, or a turned werewolf for less than two weeks is also turned by a vampire. Though this is mostly an accident, there is at least some amount of werepyers in the world who purposely did this. These mostly come from the east than the west. They can transform into their true forms at will during the night. They dislike the day, as it seems much lighter out to them, to the point where it impairs vision. They can survive off meat or blood, but can't eat other things. Doing such will cause them to throw up.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2015, 05:40:32 am »

Screw glamer spells. All tieflings need is a hat and a cloak, unless you are unlucky enough to get ram horns.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2015, 08:45:18 am »

Ah, contemporary fantasy eh?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2015, 09:55:19 am »

No the tech is definately not contemporary. There will some early guns and maybe some steam power, but thats really as far as the tech goes. Everything, as far as most players are concerned, is done with magic.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2015, 11:19:34 am »

What is 'Dwarven Town' minor faction?
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2015, 12:32:24 pm »

The dwarven town minor faction is mostly an area within Blackwater. Its an area, warded by magic to keep humans out, that most of the dwarves live in. Several areas have wards like this that allow open interaction between the magical races. Dwarven town is a collection of dwarven homes, iron works, mines, and taverns. Lots and lots of taverns.

Warded areas include:
The druid park
The dark forest
Dwarven town
Hell's hole
Diagon Alley
The Magus Academy
The Red Hand's Nest

The Church of the Day also has some monster wards, but they aren't strong enough to keep out a lot of monsters or powerful monsters. Not that any monster would want to walk into that.

Players could commission a Magus from the academy to ward their base of operations, but it is kinda expensive.

Once Tack makes a sheet, if he's interested, then I can get started on starting the game.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Streets: A Fantasy Strategy Sim (6/8)
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2015, 02:06:42 pm »

Players List

Alex Raman
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alexander, the Black Sun(Son)

Aduial

Katherine Dalius

James "Man-Shark" Ray

Avery "three toe" Vanderson
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 03:22:03 pm by Spiderking50 »

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2015, 08:04:51 pm »

Is more information coming, or are we expected to submit turns with only what we have so far?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2015, 08:34:20 pm »

This is going to be the OOC, starting scenarios will be coming soon. As will an IC thread. I was waiting for another submission, but it looks like it's not coming in tonight. So the plan is to type it up and post in the next hour or two.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2015, 12:35:55 am »

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2015, 12:46:22 am »

Ok, I just did the OP for the IC. I'll edit you in.

IC: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=152194.0

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2015, 12:56:27 am »

Alright everyone is free to take your first weeks action. Being new in town there is a lot you dont know. This is deliberate. If you want to know something ask it here and I will let you know if I can tell you or if you have to find out in game. For your turn you can have your hero and any units you control each take an action. Remember, turns are a week long. Income starts on turn 2.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2015, 01:19:43 am »

If you want to know something ask it here.

Your starting spells will be assigned

What are our starting spells?

We each have 500c. Presumably there's a market of some kind and we would know how much things cost. Could we get some standard pricings on things that we might want and that are commonly available? Do we have income from our holdings? Are they the same? Different? How much? If not, are we generating goods from them? I have on orchard. Is it generating fruit? How much? Does it spoil? Do I need to specifically say "gather fruit" or does that happen automatically every turn? Avery has a Sorceror's shop. Does that generate income? How much? Does he need to stock the store somehow? How? With what? Do holdings require staff to man them, or is that assumed? Alexander has a "blacksmith holding." Does that include the blacksmith, and he's simply not listed under staff? Does he need to acquire raw materials or do materials magically appear and magically be sold each turn? Gonil has a mine. Does Alexander need to get ore from Gonil to go into business? Does Gonil need to staff his mine to get ore, or does it simply appear every turn? Do we have to pay our staff, or once acquired are they treated as assets? How do we acquire more? Can I go to market and buy another wizard? Do I need to train them? Are we assumed to have unlimited racial resources? For example, if I want another wizard, can I just say "recruit a moriquendi wizard" and have that happen? Why would I do so? What can a wizard do? What can a sorcerer do? What can a druid do? What spells do we have? How does combat work?

How does this game actually work?

Or is figuring all of this out through trial and error an intended part of gameplay?

Also, would you include bay12 user names in character spoilers so we know who people are without hunting through the thread? Thanks.

Also, Gonil Godsbron appears to be missing from the player list in the OOC thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8