Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Dark Streets OOC  (Read 8287 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Dark Streets: A Fantasy Strategy Sim (0/8)
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2015, 10:55:10 pm »

Can we be part of one of the major fractions?

You can be affiliated with them, but cannot play as them. If we get enough vampires, I'm going to change the NPC vamps.

Hero name: Aduial
Hero description: A Moriquendi noble, slender and beautiful, with eyes like stars and hair that glistens as waterfalls. Scholar and wizard.
Faction name: Vanimar
Faction type: "Wizard" (As opposed to sorcerer)
Starting holding: Orchard
Starting staff: Wizard

Faction race: Moriquendi (Tolkien dark elves, not Gygax dark elves)
Elves were the first race created by the gods. We are tall, beautiful, magical, ageless and immortal. Then for reasons we never entirely understood, the gods created the inferior mortal races. Humans. They must murder and feast upon the decaying corpses of animals to survive. And even then, only for a short time, falling prey to aging, death and disease in the blink of an eye. Aging? Even if they take care of themselves they fall apart and die anyway. Disease? Why did the gods breath life into such flimsy creatures? We never understood,

Unsurprisingly, after the inferior mortal races were brought to this world, things started to fall apart. For along with their physical frailties and mental deficiencies, so too did they naturally bring with them war, crime, and a host of other ills.

After a mere few hundreds years, the gods finally realized that yeah, this whole "mortal" thing was a dumb idea. So they came to us, the beautiful ones, and basically said, "hey, so the world is turning evil. We love you. Why don't you leave all this behind and come hang out with us instead?"

Most elves agreed, and fled to Valinor.

Some few instead said "Nahh, we'll stay here, thanks."

And thus, we became Moriquendi. The dark ones. Those who rejected the light and chose instead to remain here.

Affiliations
Humans are inferior creatures. We're simply better than they are. But because we are better, we don't engage in petty treachery or war upon them as they do with each other.

We have basic respect for the vampires. Humans are frail and weak, but the vampires have risen above that. It sometimes amazes us that all humans don't eagerly embrace vampirism, but presumably even if they did the vampires wouldn't allow it because they need humans as prey animals. That's slightly uncomfortable for us. Yes, humans are frail and stupid, but animals are unintelligent, eat meat and die of age too. You don't "be better" than animals by murdering animals. Noblesse Oblige. But while the vampires still cling to vestiges of their former mortal frailties in the sense of enjoying the hunt and the blood, they've also clearly risen above their origins. We acknowledge them for that.

We're kind of on the fence about the werewolves. One does not have contempt for an animal merely because it's unintelligent. It's ok, because they're animals. Giving humans intelligence was clearly a mistake. The werewolves are trying to be what humans should always have been: animals. So, while we might disagree with their choice to return to their proper place rather than to seek to rise above it like the vampires have, we nevertheless understand it.

Dwarves? Better than humans.

Demons? Neutral. One does not anger at the wind when it blows in a contrary direction.

Elves are accepted.

I was going to make my own faction, but LordBucket's faction made the same choices I was going to make
(orchard and creating a "wizard" category. LordBucket, may I have control over your wizard unit?

...umm, no?

My character hasn't actually been approved, but I'm not seeing any benefit to giving up control of my only unit. We don't even know yet if that format is going to make sense in this game. Id' be giving up my unit, and you'd be giving up everything else about running a faction. It doesn't benefit either of us.

Nothing stopping you from having a wizard and an orchard too.

This doesn't even make sense. I'm not sure what you're asking, but two players can have the same starting resources and staff.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2015, 11:16:15 pm »

This doesn't even make sense.

He said he wanted control of my unit. I assumed he was proposing that rather than be his own faction with coincidentally similar starting conditions, that he and I "share" the faction I'd created, with me personally playing Aduial, and him personally playing the wizard in my employ.

Which isn't something I want to do. Like you say, nothing wrong with two wizard/orchard factions.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2015, 11:21:27 pm »

This doesn't even make sense.

He said he wanted control of my unit. I assumed he was proposing that rather than be his own faction with coincidentally similar starting conditions, that he and I "share" the faction I'd created, with me personally playing Aduial, and him personally playing the wizard in my employ.

Which isn't something I want to do. Like you say, nothing wrong with two wizard/orchard factions.
I would, of course be subservient to you. Perhaps later, when you have more wizards.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2015, 11:50:06 pm »

I would, of course be subservient to you. Perhaps later, when you have more wizards.

Hmm, ok maybe. We'll see.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2015, 10:06:16 am »

So far we have werepyres, elves, and humans. Good so far.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2015, 10:52:57 am »

Spoiler: Hero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Faction (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2015, 11:07:39 am »

Seems cool, I will get a CS up latter today. Could I play a tiefling?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2015, 11:14:08 am »

Spoiler: Hero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Faction (click to show/hide)

Looks good to me. Remember, there is a list of units and a blurb about what they are capable of in the OP.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2015, 11:22:52 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 11:36:49 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2015, 11:49:05 am »

I'll take it. You're going to have an interesting time though. I'll have to think about what exactly your starting type and staff will get you.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2015, 11:53:12 am »

I'll take it. You're going to have an interesting time though. I'll have to think about what exactly your starting type and staff will get you.
Sweet. Hopefully I don't get wasted the first turn I'm in :D
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2015, 12:19:14 pm »

Any chance of me bringing in a clan of dwarven paladins?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2015, 12:21:29 pm »

Is mine okay?
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2015, 12:24:42 pm »

Is mine okay?

Yes it is.

Any chance of me bringing in a clan of dwarven paladins?

Hadn't considered dwarves as a major player, but yes, fine with me.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2015, 07:02:26 pm »

*cough* bump *cough cough*

So we are going to have humans, elves, dwarves, werephyres and the criminally insane.

One thing that I didn't really make clear was the fact that most humans don't believe in your existence. As a result, one of your main goals is to keep them in the dark. Now if we collectively decide that we'd rather just have the world be fantasy (ie. all races are commonly known) then I can do that too.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8