Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Dark Streets OOC  (Read 8275 times)

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Streets OOC
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2015, 05:32:46 pm »

I highly doubt the shops aren't displayed as something else.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2015, 01:07:57 am »

So I take it this is yet another game where we spend a week making characters, get one turn and then it gets abandoned? Spiderking: When we started this you said you would process turns every 24-48 hours, but it's been a week with one turn processed. And that turn was lazily and hastily mashed together. I did stuff, and my turn results were to tell me that I did stuff...you didn't even give me results of some of the things I did. You haven't done a lot of the basic due diligence stuff that should have happened on day one like adding everybody to the character list and updating our character sheets with how much money we have to work with.

So the game has mostly just been us sitting around waiting, and meanwhile rather than do updates or any of the stuff you said you were going to do, instead yu've started three other new games:

* Role to Evolve, started by Spiderking50 on July 29, 2015, 02:47:09 pm
 * HitEnter: The Last Login, started by Spiderking50 on July 29, 2015, 09:26:59 am
 * Divergent Evolution RPG, started by Spiderking50 on July 27, 2015, 08:05:22 pm

Why are you starting a new game every few days if you can't even be bothered to update the ones you have?

Spiderking50's profile
Signature:
I am leaving the country for the first 2 weeks of August

...oh, I get it. You're one of those chronic "make and abandon games" GMs the lower board are notorious for. Sorry, wouldn't have signed up if I'd noticed that.

Seriously, you started two new games on July 29th, planning to to leave the country for two weeks a few days later?

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2015, 05:12:28 am »

I entirely agree with LordBucket, and will be dropping out of this game. I do not want to wait two entire weeks for the 2nd update.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2015, 09:45:26 am »

Hmm, spiderking, mind if I totally copy your game, you seem to be unable to update reliably, so that seems to make it so one of three things happening:
1. The game dies.
2. Someone hijacks the game.
3. It dies and someone remakes it.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2015, 09:59:00 am »

While I completely love the fact that you wasted your time constructing an arguement about how I am a bad GM/person, but I really don't care. Sorry, but unpleasant (and waaaay too intense) unicorns on the forums don't really get to have an effect on me. I never expected anyone to take a forum game so seriously.

Secondly, I wasn't planning on leaving the country at all, but when someone says to you "Hey do you want to go to Canada in a few days?" Also, I just won't have Internet for the first few days sooo, calm down.

As for the two games about evolution, if you'd had paid any attention, you'd notice neither of the even had enough interest to get going. Not all forum games do.

I am very sorry that my real life has gotten in the way of your fake digital life. For everyone else, I am sorry about this game and that I must abandon it or put it on hiatus. You all can decide which and generally post your distaste for me here on this thread.

Leafguy, you're more than welcome to this game or any other games I have.

(Edit: removed a question. I think it will be fine).
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 10:10:49 am by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2015, 10:10:54 am »

Sure, just link it, I have very little experience Gm'ing (one game that I hijacked after the Gm went offline for awhile.) Just keep that in mind.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2015, 10:12:33 am »

I think I'm just gonna put that one of hiatus. Sorry about that. I figure that it is so mechanically simple that I can manage occasional updates even if my internet is spotty.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2015, 10:13:36 am »

By the way, what was the system you were going to use for Adventurer's Guild, when that was a thing?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 31, 2015, 10:22:58 am »

I was going to split characters into parties with each player just having informal health with four broad categories:normal, minor injuries, major injures, and specific debuffs. I can't remember if I was doing other stats or what my magic system was, but it was all fairly basic stuff. That game was the one time I had too much interest. I expect 5 players and got like 12-13. Definately bit off more than I could chew there, but hey, a guy's got to learn his limits sometime.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 31, 2015, 10:24:29 am »

If you restart it, you might want to set a limit on the number of players. 5 is good for a party, 8 is also good for 2 parties of 4.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 31, 2015, 10:31:56 am »

Yeah if I do restart it it will be after learning from the failures if the original. It certainly seemed like people liked the idea. I'll have to see what my life looks like when I go back to college in a month. I'd hate to anger more forum dwellers with my changing life schedules.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 31, 2015, 11:10:34 am »

Yeah, you horrible person. How dare you have a life! Anyways, have fun with the "eh" men.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2015, 11:24:35 am »

Also upset that this game is going nowhere.
But then again, FGRP is really good for that.

Ah well, C'est la vie.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 03:43:13 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2015, 10:58:23 pm »

Ahem, as Spiderking has left this plane of existence, he has seen fit, with his holy light, to bestow upon me, the great honor of being god of Blackwater. So while I will have to put my character on ice until our holy lord graces us with his presence once again, I shall be taking the reigns! Thus I can tell you two things: 1. This game doesn't have much lore made for it. And 2. That will change very soon as I implement lore, and any help would be encouraged, in addition I will have to make up names on the spot for certain things.
Now don't be alarmed people, although I may have a lack of experience GMing, I will still fight to the death for this game. Update will come tomorrow, or, if you are lucky, TONIGHT won't that be !fun! So to recap, Spider is NOT alive dead, I am taking over the the reigns forever for the moment, and I would like some help fleshing out the world, and remember kids, just because you made it, doesn't mean that your character knows it's one weakness.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2015, 09:30:01 pm »

I'd personally copy-paste his junk and make a new thread.
That way you have control over the OP and other such kaboom.

This one can sink to the depths of the sea, is my personal mind.

Also!! Lore- I assumed that the various sections of Blackwater were actually an undercity beneath the actual town itself. That isn't actually so, but seeing as Dwarven Town is already a thing, perhaps we could make it an extension etc etc. Yaknow, somewhere where the freaks can roam free. Maybe a freak-only black market and such.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8