Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Dark Streets OOC  (Read 8272 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Dark Streets OOC
« on: July 22, 2015, 04:50:54 pm »

In Dark Streets the players will play as one of the upstart factions in the city of Blackwater. Blackwater is one of the largest cities on the continent and as a result, has a shadowy underground of magical creatures.

Players will begin the game as a fresh face on the streets of Blackwater. From there you may rise to power as a lord of the underground. Business, politics, magic, it all matters on the streets. Will you bend the city to your will or will it swallow you whole? Discover the secrets of the depths and take over the dark gem that is Blackwater.

Major Factions:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Minor Factions:

Holdings:
In this salty port town everything's got a price. You have a price, and there's likely a price on your head, that's just how it goes. You have enough cash to get your empire started, but that's about it.

Playable Races:

Faction Type:
Players can pick a faction type that will affect their faction's starting relations and abilities.

Types of units:

This game represents a lot of the aspects that worked from several games that didn't. Expect a few on the fly fixes to unbalanced aspects.

The game itself will occur in turns. Each turn will last a week of game time and about 24-48 hours of real time. Players will control their "hero" and their other respective units. Secret actions are allowed through PMs. If you're PMing another player to join forces or something, please include me so I know whats up.

Character Sheet:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 12:57:18 am by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Streets: A Fantasy Strategy Sim (0/8)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 05:06:26 pm »

Reserved for OOC City Description
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 07:30:10 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 07:30:28 pm »

Reserved for Players and waitlist

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 07:37:17 pm »

Interested
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 08:21:45 pm »

Will make character. can I be sexy spechul snowflake werepyre?
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 08:22:23 pm »

Will make character. can I be sexy spechul snowflake werepyre?

Yes. Yes you can.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 09:12:29 pm »

Hero name:Alex Raman
Hero description: The man is muscled, but not overly so. He is of average height. His hair is long, and appears to be unkempt. His hair is a dark brown. This look hired what he can turn into. In his true form, he is twelve feet tall. Their muscles are huge and rippling. Their fur is dark brown, and covers much of their body. Their fangs are giant, reaching down to their throat.
Hero/Faction backstory: A faction started by the exiled hybrids, knowing they'd never be accepted in other groups.
Faction name (optional): The Bonded
Faction race: Werepyre
Faction type: warlike
Affiliation with NPC faction (optional): everybody hates them.
Starting holding: Lumber mill
Starting staff: warriors.
10/10.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 09:38:16 pm »

Accepted. I considered adding other races like Djinn and kitsune and really anything, so this is good. Gonna be hard and lonely though.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 09:40:25 pm »

Hero name: Alexander, the Black Sun(Son)
Hero description: Blond short hair, white, 6 ft, blue eyes, wears all black with a silver medallion of the Sun, has a single scar across his face, age 22.

Hero/Faction backstory: One of the unknown branches of the Church of the Day, deals with handling jobs in a silent and efficient manner. Every member of Solar Eclipse are orphans due to the misdeeds of non-humans, and as such have little sympathy for non-humans but are filled with the wrath for vengence. Alexander is no exception to this; born in a small town called Riverton, he was the youngest of 4 children of a family of fishers. On his 7th birthday he was given his very first fishing lesson by his father, whom took him camping at his favorite spot by the lake which was a few downriver. However what was supposed to be a joyous occasion soon took a turn for the worst a fire seem to be rising from the direction of Riverton. His father told his son to stay by the tent and to stay there until he had returned, it was not long before it turn to night, his father had yet to return. Alexander too afraid to leave the tent waited and waited.... until he unknowingly fell asleep. He woke up the next day to rain drops hitting the tent, Alexander waited under the tent till the rain had finally dissipated, before he went up river to head home. Perhaps his dad fell asleep or was testing Alexander to see if he could make his way home like his older brother, Alexander kept attempting to convince himself, however when he got to Riverton he notice Knights that carried a banner gathering bodies into a pile to burn and rushed out of the woods to when he notice the body of his father was dumped into the pile. The knights drew their swords expecting some trick until, a priest told them to lower their weapons, allowing Alexander to pass by them to reach his father body. He was told by the priest that the village was raided and all were killed. The priest then gave Alexander a choice join a special orphanage or stay here and perished, Alexander joined that orphanage and 15 long years later, he is now head of the Solar Eclipse bent on delivering the heathens their final, silent prayer in the night.

Faction name: Solar Eclipse
Faction race: Human
Religious: Your faction has pledged itself to a lesser god. Starts with a divine favor.
Affiliation with NPC faction (optional): Church of the Day
Starting holding: blacksmith
Starting staff: Assassins
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 12:32:09 pm by Vacio »
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 09:45:34 pm »

Hero name: Aduial
Hero description: A Moriquendi noble, slender and beautiful, with eyes like stars and hair that glistens as waterfalls. Scholar and wizard.
Faction name: Vanimar
Faction type: "Wizard" (As opposed to sorcerer)
Starting holding: Orchard
Starting staff: Wizard

Faction race: Moriquendi (Tolkien dark elves, not Gygax dark elves)
Elves were the first race created by the gods. We are tall, beautiful, magical, ageless and immortal. Then for reasons we never entirely understood, the gods created the inferior mortal races. Humans. They must murder and feast upon the decaying corpses of animals to survive. And even then, only for a short time, falling prey to aging, death and disease in the blink of an eye. Aging? Even if they take care of themselves they fall apart and die anyway. Disease? Why did the gods breath life into such flimsy creatures? We never understood,

Unsurprisingly, after the inferior mortal races were brought to this world, things started to fall apart. For along with their physical frailties and mental deficiencies, so too did they naturally bring with them war, crime, and a host of other ills.

After a mere few hundreds years, the gods finally realized that yeah, this whole "mortal" thing was a dumb idea. So they came to us, the beautiful ones, and basically said, "hey, so the world is turning evil. We love you. Why don't you leave all this behind and come hang out with us instead?"

Most elves agreed, and fled to Valinor.

Some few instead said "Nahh, we'll stay here, thanks."

And thus, we became Moriquendi. The dark ones. Those who rejected the light and chose instead to remain here.

Affiliations
Humans are inferior creatures. We're simply better than they are. But because we are better, we don't engage in petty treachery or war upon them as they do with each other.

We have basic respect for the vampires. Humans are frail and weak, but the vampires have risen above that. It sometimes amazes us that all humans don't eagerly embrace vampirism, but presumably even if they did the vampires wouldn't allow it because they need humans as prey animals. That's slightly uncomfortable for us. Yes, humans are frail and stupid, but animals are unintelligent, eat meat and die of age too. You don't "be better" than animals by murdering animals. Noblesse Oblige. But while the vampires still cling to vestiges of their former mortal frailties in the sense of enjoying the hunt and the blood, they've also clearly risen above their origins. We acknowledge them for that.

We're kind of on the fence about the werewolves. One does not have contempt for an animal merely because it's unintelligent. It's ok, because they're animals. Giving humans intelligence was clearly a mistake. The werewolves are trying to be what humans should always have been: animals. So, while we might disagree with their choice to return to their proper place rather than to seek to rise above it like the vampires have, we nevertheless understand it.

Dwarves? Better than humans.

Demons? Neutral. One does not anger at the wind when it blows in a contrary direction.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2015, 09:51:24 pm »

PTW. Going to write up a sheet tomorrow.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2015, 09:53:13 pm »

What does the great proficient think of werepyer?
10/10.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 10:02:46 pm »

I was going to make my own faction, but LordBucket's faction made the same choices I was going to make (orchard and creating a "wizard" category. LordBucket, may I have control over your wizard unit?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2015, 10:15:34 pm »

What does the great proficient think of werepyer?

Google doesn't give me enough information to come to firm conclusions. It will depend on how you conduct yourself. Had humans merely been created frail and weak, but aspired to nobility, they would have been worthy of our compassion. An animal is frail and weak, and unintelligent, but it does not revel in filth the way humans do. Animals do not lie to one another, and they kill to survive, not for pleasure.

Are you an animal? They we may love you. It is no shame to be an animal. A chair is not intelligent, but one does not not feel contempt for a chair. It has a place. Or do you come from filth, but recognize the depravity of your condition and aspire to grow beyond it? If so, then you may be worthy of our respect. Or are you simply a weak pathetic human, handed power he doesn't deserve? A meddling child, seeking to control that which he does not understand? Or perhaps you are merely an animal, but a dangerous one?

We shall see.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2015, 10:21:05 pm »

I was going to make my own faction, but LordBucket's faction made the same choices I was going to make
(orchard and creating a "wizard" category. LordBucket, may I have control over your wizard unit?

...umm, no?

My character hasn't actually been approved, but I'm not seeing any benefit to giving up control of my only unit. We don't even know yet if that format is going to make sense in this game. Id' be giving up my unit, and you'd be giving up everything else about running a faction. It doesn't benefit either of us.

Nothing stopping you from having a wizard and an orchard too.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8