Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97665 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1933 Design
« Reply #1845 on: September 01, 2015, 02:38:25 pm »

Quote from: Vote list
Grenade Launcher - Devastator
SPAT Mk 2 -
Radar - Ghazkull
Pump Action Shotgun - Happerry
Infantry Armour - evilcherry, Kashyyk, Baffler, Playergamer
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: September 01, 2015, 02:40:27 pm »

Quote from: Vote list
Grenade Launcher - Devastator
SPAT Mk 2 -
Radar - Ghazkull
Pump Action Shotgun - Happerry
Tiger Infantry Armour - evilcherry, Kashyyk, Baffler, Playergamer, Taricus
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: September 01, 2015, 02:44:14 pm »

PPE: What do you mean Devastator?

Vote count was missing me.

I do question how 'sloping' applies to infantry armor.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: September 01, 2015, 02:49:54 pm »

The exact same way it works on tanks. Just on a smaller frame. Sloping can be to the side as well as down or up.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: September 01, 2015, 03:53:29 pm »

I think it's safe to say that the Infantry armor + camo design wins.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: September 01, 2015, 04:11:20 pm »

Tiger Infantry Armour
The base layer is essentially a set of military fatigues with a harness for affixing steel plates. These include a breastplate, backplate, pauldrons, rerebraces and tassets. A helmet with detachable faceplate is also included. All armour pieces come inside a fabric sleeve for ease of attaching. This fabric and the fatigues are in a "tiger stripe" style camo pattern, a more superior design than our previous camo. Naturally, this comes in various colour sets. The armour plates are all individually attachable, allowing a soldier to tailor the amount of armour they wear to their need. In an effort to reduce weight and increase effectiveness, the armour makes great use of sloping. The head and torso pieces are expected to resist rifle fire, the rest smg fire.

Tiger Infantry Armor: Infantry armor made of a forged manganese steel alloy. All of the armor plates are relatively thick for infantry, and the full suit weighs in at 36 pounds. The helmet is particularly thick, and fits round and close around the head, low over the eyes and down to the neck with a little outward slope. It can be attached with a face mask, which when worn allows a wide but very narrow viewing slit between the mask and helmet. The mask fits in a rounded shape around the face and chin, and is a attached with a pain of pins. The breastplate extends by a couple inches in the middle so that it is not flat, and has the appearance of a ridge down the middle. The backplate is similar, but flat. At the waist these plates end and there are flat curved single-piece taces to protect the upper legs, below the knee the armor has no coverage. The pauldrons allow comfortable shoulder motion, being made of three layered plates, and the upper arms are covered by rerebraces, which are round fitted plates to the outside of the arm. While the lower arms, lower legs, and sometimes gaps around the shoulders are exposed, most parts of the armor will stop a pistol bullet at point blank. The breastplate and taces will stop rifle bullets at all but very close range. AP Horsekillers easily penetrate at medium range. The armor is tiring and cumbersome, troops cannot effectively crawl and kneeling is difficult, as is aiming down rifle sights while using the mask. The armor's manufacturing process is Complex, and it costs 3 ore.

You have gained Manganese Steel. As an added bonus, you convince High Command to let your officers wear camo.

*Yes, "taces" is the plural form of tasset. Recommended reading: Page 245.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1933 Revision
« Reply #1851 on: September 01, 2015, 04:15:19 pm »

Well, that oughta make our cavalry a lot more fearsome. If we armour the horses :P

But damn, our helmets are now equal to that of the great powers, not like shitty Arstotzkan steel :P

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: September 01, 2015, 04:33:20 pm »

Google seems to think it's tassets, but if you've found it in a book, I'll defer to that. :P

Ok. Shall we make like Arstotzkans and use our revision to make it less encumbering/complex/otherwise make it better?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 04:38:01 pm by Kashyyk »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: September 01, 2015, 04:43:48 pm »

Google seems to think it's tassets, but if you've found it in a book, I'll defer to that. :P

Ok. Shall we make like Arstotzkans and use our revision to make it less encumbering/complex/otherwise make it better?
Incidentally, I googled it just now. On wiktionary, taces is defined solely as being the plural of tace, which is an alternative form of tasset. The entire definition given for tasset is that it's an alternative form of tace. One other website has the same chain but actually gives a definition for tasset. Almost all the other hits on google are website dedicated to cheating at scrabble.

All of these words, I conclude, are quite antiquated by now. ;)
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: September 01, 2015, 04:46:19 pm »

Agreed, I'm guessing you just google image searched tassets to understand what I meant :P

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: September 01, 2015, 04:48:25 pm »

Actually, I'd be up for revising our assault rifle to be lighter and use smaller ammunition if that's possible.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: September 01, 2015, 04:54:23 pm »

+1 to MK47 revision
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: September 01, 2015, 04:56:49 pm »

Assault Rifle Revision: Make the MK-47 use a .280 caliber intermediate cartridge, decreasing recoil and increasing accuracy. Also, try to lighten the MK-47 and make it more compact, so it can be used better in close combat.

((there, I dun made it official.))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: September 01, 2015, 04:57:47 pm »

Dang ninjas.

Assault Rifle Revision: Make the MK-47 use a .280 caliber intermediate cartridge, decreasing recoil and increasing accuracy. Also, try to lighten the MK-47 and make it more compact, so it can be used better in close combat.

+1.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 04:59:50 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: September 01, 2015, 05:04:59 pm »

Add in a +1 from me on this.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 135