Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97636 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1933 Design
« Reply #1755 on: August 29, 2015, 01:52:57 pm »

@Evilcherry: While it's armament might be similar, I doubt we'd be able to slap on the transport capability on the first go.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: August 29, 2015, 02:00:15 pm »

@Evilcherry: While it's armament might be similar, I doubt we'd be able to slap on the transport capability on the first go.
And? Its just a large boot. Or we can tell our soldiers to ride atop them like the Russians.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: August 29, 2015, 02:04:37 pm »

The latter sounds more moskurg, so let's do that :P

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: August 29, 2015, 02:25:39 pm »

I'm concerned about the weight and restrictiveness of personal armor, especially considering we don't have the materials technology to actually stop a rifle round at typical engagement ranges without weighing our troops down with vehicle-tier armor. If we want to improve our close-quarters, I think new small arms are the answer. Maybe a bullpup/carbine edition of the MK-47 that also tries to address its stability issues?

Too little too late and probably national effort.

You're probably right.

If GM rectified his mistake (our 3.6in should outrange and outdamage every gun on ground) we can just make the Jagdbreaker.

He seems to be wary of retcons, but with Arstotzka's radio thing maybe this'll go in too. If it does, I think I'd go Jagdbreaker.

The latter sounds more moskurg, so let's do that :P

+1.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: August 29, 2015, 02:34:11 pm »

MK-47 is not a proper assault rifle. We need to use smaller bullets to make it work. I proposed to downscale it but it found zero support.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: August 29, 2015, 03:11:33 pm »

Couldnt we just reduce the amount of powder we load into the rounds? Problem solved.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: August 29, 2015, 03:13:06 pm »

Not an option, given that cutting the powder load reduces the velocity of the rounds.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: August 29, 2015, 03:19:04 pm »

I thought that was UKs original idea. Of course we could just use it as a mid-long range battle rifle.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: August 29, 2015, 03:21:29 pm »

Just throwing this out there, don't forget that we have the opportunity to get a free design credit if we can make better propaganda than Arstotzka.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: August 29, 2015, 03:23:08 pm »

Who's going to make it though?

Also, I'm not sure about this, but would it be possible to modify the MK-47 to use a smaller round with just a revision?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: August 29, 2015, 03:24:11 pm »

We need that credit, or we have lost. We cant fight them if they get two designs.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: August 29, 2015, 03:33:57 pm »

Also, I'm not sure about this, but would it be possible to modify the MK-47 to use a smaller round with just a revision?
I think it is rather simple. Make it 20% shorter, 20% narrower, 20% lower. Do the same with the bullet. 
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: August 29, 2015, 03:34:37 pm »

Leopard Assault Car
A four wheel-drive off road car, designed to be highly agile regardless of terrain. It's got enough RHS all round to be immune to arstotzkan autocannon rounds, and is heavily sloped on all sides, in order to deflect all but square-on RPG rounds, and if we're lucky, AS-T25 tank rounds as well. It is armed with a front gimballed Sorraia, and a turreted miniaturised Breaker cannon, with coaxial Sorraia. It has a crew of two (driver and commander/gunner/radio op) and is fitted with a radio.

Quote from: Vote List
Infantry Armour - heydude6, evilcherry
Radar - Ghazkull
Husayn Assault Craft - Baffler
Widowmaker autocannon - UR
Leopard Assault Car - Kashyyk

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: August 29, 2015, 03:37:48 pm »

I think it is rather simple. Make it 20% shorter, 20% narrower, 20% lower. Do the same with the bullet. 
Eh, we don't need to cut the round that much. 10% for the round is enough.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: August 29, 2015, 03:48:50 pm »

0.9*0.9*0.9 is roughly 72% of weight. It is not enough. MK-47 will still weight too much for an assault rifle. 0.8*0.8*0.8 is roughly 50% of weight giving us Assault rifle with comfortable weight and bullet comparable to modern assault rifles.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 135