Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97581 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1932 Design
« Reply #1680 on: August 27, 2015, 03:08:40 am »

I'd quite like a magazine fed semi-auto shotgun, but that's probably pushing it for a revision.
Yeah, that would definitely be a design.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: August 27, 2015, 05:35:13 am »

I'd quite like a magazine fed semi-auto shotgun, but that's probably pushing it for a revision.
Yeah, that would definitely be a design.
Do we have a handheld .600 launcher or sorts?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: August 27, 2015, 10:05:07 am »

For our revision I think we should focus on improving the T2 Breaker. It's a national effort right now, which is less than ideal, and we can't allow Arstotzka to lock down the Eastern Desert. But, with Arstotzka's ore bonus being gone next turn we don't need to make it all that much cheaper to match them in armor production (their planes will be expensive or very expensive too, and that ridiculous bomber will be a national effort.)

First off, we should replace the Brumby with an M3 Sorraia, and possibly remove the pintle mount. The Brumby is Complex, making it expensive, and the M3 is cheaper and vastly more effective anyway. I doubt this will even require a dice roll, and it'll probably take an ore off its cost.  A 3 ore, 2 oil tank might be a bit much to hope for on revision, but casting, stamping, or welding where we can instead of machining will also do us a lot of good. As long as we avoid doing that to the transmission, powerplant, and related systems it probably won't compromise reliability to any noticeable degree either, and may allow us to actually equip lead tanks with the radios or improved optics they're designed for.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 10:06:42 am by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: August 27, 2015, 10:15:14 am »

We could add a turbocharger to the Yellowjacket, but I'm willing to bet "the bomber always gets through" means it still won't give us air superiority.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: August 27, 2015, 10:26:23 am »

I think you've got the prices wrong, Baffler.  Tank is Very Expensive, not National Effort, (although I expect NE next, and in all future, turns.)

The pintle mounted MG is already a Sorraia, (changed in an orders phase) but if you want to remove one of them to cut weight, sure.  But whatever you do, list more than one change, as more dice costs nothing and provides nothing but benefits.  With the city fighting, the coax one is more important.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 10:28:24 am by Devastator »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: August 27, 2015, 10:57:06 am »

I think you've got the prices wrong, Baffler.  Tank is Very Expensive, not National Effort, (although I expect NE next, and in all future, turns.)

The pintle mounted MG is already a Sorraia, (changed in an orders phase) but if you want to remove one of them to cut weight, sure.  But whatever you do, list more than one change, as more dice costs nothing and provides nothing but benefits.  With the city fighting, the coax one is more important.

You're right about the prices. It doesn't say the gun was swapped in the army list though, and doing away with the Complex component entirely is what'll make it cheaper. Simplified manufacturing should do more on the cost-cutting end of things, but that'll probably be a dice roll. I guess we could try to improve on the powerplant and drive-train, its biggest weakness compared to the T25 is speed after all. Improving the 'iron' sights would probably also be helpful. The T2 Breaker is already better than the T25, the 1929 report showed that, and I'm more concerned about getting more of them on the field than widening the technical gap but still being left behind because we're being outproduced.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: August 27, 2015, 04:23:09 pm »

Sensei, I believe we are all agreed on the AT/AA Bumblebee

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: August 27, 2015, 08:13:23 pm »

You're right about the prices. It doesn't say the gun was swapped in the army list though, and doing away with the Complex component entirely is what'll make it cheaper. Simplified manufacturing should do more on the cost-cutting end of things, but that'll probably be a dice roll. I guess we could try to improve on the powerplant and drive-train, its biggest weakness compared to the T25 is speed after all. Improving the 'iron' sights would probably also be helpful. The T2 Breaker is already better than the T25, the 1929 report showed that, and I'm more concerned about getting more of them on the field than widening the technical gap but still being left behind because we're being outproduced.

Technically MGs are no longer Complex, we got it at some point.  Removing a MG would be an option to help cheapen it.  I'd recommend aiming for improving the armor, if it can be as good while using less metal, it should be cheaper.  Cheap optics may or may not come, but if it does, that would be great.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 03:51:35 am by Devastator »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: August 28, 2015, 12:55:13 am »

Bumblebee AT/AA

A 3.5 inch gun firing timed or contact explosive shells which can depress its barrel enough to target enemy ground forces at direct fire ranges, it is either towed or mounted on a simple diesel powered carriage. It is equipped with a predictor system (think Kerrison Predictor) which aims the gun and sets the fuse timer automatically given the observed altitude and speed of the target, obtained by acoustic location or manual operator input.

Bumblebee AT/AA: A 3.6 inch gun. It can be aimed down close to the ground, or up the sky, and most of the new technology it includes is for this second purpose. It is aimed by a gunner who sits in a seat which inclines and declines with the gun itself, and has an iron sight which consists of two rings, the front of which has a "spiderweb" design. The gun is aimed with two traversal wheels. The gun is designed to fire new fuzed flak rounds, which have an adjustable timer set by a dial on the gun itself. There is also a mechanical targeting calculator, which is a box around the size of the Model 3 Radio that has a dial for target range, and rate of change of range, which can set the fuze time for shells accurately as the target moves. Additionally given an altitude and angle, the sight will automatically offset so that the gunner need merely keep the crosshair over the target. It is pretty effective, and also cheap and reliable. However, adjusting targeting calculator takes too long to aim at dive bombers and close, low-altitude planes. Fires about 15 times a minute. Costs 2 ore.

You have gained the Targeting Calculator, and Flak Rounds.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 04:59:12 am by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1932 Revision
« Reply #1689 on: August 28, 2015, 03:04:09 am »

I'm quite excited Ok with those drawbacks,  because that is what our MG AA is for.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: August 28, 2015, 03:53:49 am »

I would also like to note that fire control is damn, damn good for use on ships.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: August 28, 2015, 03:59:35 am »

Amended with material cost, because I forgot.

I would also like to note that fire control is damn, damn good for use on ships.
It will be equipped to Moskurg dinghies immediately! They are the pride of the Moskurg navy indoor pool club.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: August 28, 2015, 04:09:49 am »

I'm quite excited Ok with those drawbacks,  because that is what our MG AA is for.
We basically got the infamous 8,8 cm FlaK, and its common to boot.

I suddenly got some more faith now.

StuG IV, anyone?

Okay, seriously, we need to choose from these:

- Fix our camo
- Fix the Hippo (and its the 4th action on the recoilless)
- Improvise some fast-firing PDW

**Sensei can the Bumblebee Wunderwaffe fire standard fare AP and HE shells?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 04:19:08 am by evilcherry »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: August 28, 2015, 04:47:47 am »

Or render the tank cheaper..

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: August 28, 2015, 04:53:57 am »

**Sensei can the Bumblebee Wunderwaffe fire standard fare AP and HE shells?
I'd assume so, as it was specified to be a DP gun. Also, high muzzle velocity from being an AA gun will help with penetration as well.

Revision-wise, I think we should leave the Hippo alone. Good money after bad and all that. Our RR pair is no worse than their RPG as far as I can tell anyway. Camo is always a good idea. By PDW do you mean a sidearm SMG?
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 135