Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97543 times)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1931 Design
« Reply #1545 on: August 18, 2015, 02:20:43 am »

Why do AFV designs for urban fighting not use Diesel engine and slatted armor?  Those are very useful, and should be called out specifically.
Diesel is good. Slatted armor is also useful, but the current design called for effectively 2 armor layers anyway (side armor + top armor pulled down to sides). Should also be taken into account for front and back though.

Also any IFV/APC designs should also be amphibious, mainly for the jungle.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: August 18, 2015, 04:32:00 am »

Moskurg Uniform 1931 'Tigerstripe'
A major improvement in Moskurg's uniforms, both displaying the nation's love of tigers whilst being more effective in camouflage. Based on the tiger's stripes, this new form of camouflage is a multicoloured pattern of varying colours arranged into 'stripes' based on the terrain it's meant to be used in. Ostensibly it disperses with solid steel plates, using a mix of steel plates on reinforced fabric to function akin to brigantine or a flak jacket, with various pockets added to store the ammo the average moskurgan soldier needs (Which is admittedly a lot). The helmets are to start using higher-quality materials, and basically copy the german stalhelm in design for protection to the head. Officers are to retain capes, with the camo pattern applied to them, though the hats are replaced with helmets for field duties.

This!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: August 18, 2015, 06:10:57 am »

Uniform gives no useful new techs.... I can't support any dead end design.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: August 18, 2015, 07:14:13 am »

the battlebus introduces groundbreaking expertise in engines and treads

what else could you desire

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: August 18, 2015, 08:25:22 am »

Uniform gives no useful new techs.... I can't support any dead end design.
It also gives us personal armour. This is a new tech.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: August 18, 2015, 08:40:26 am »

do you need personal armor if you're snugly fit into a bus that'll carry you straight into battle?

it's big enough to double as good cover, y'know

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: August 18, 2015, 08:42:45 am »

LSP I can't get the point of introducing new design for the sake of introducing them. Namely, the fibreglass plane last turn, or the armored bus this turn.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: August 18, 2015, 08:50:16 am »

LSP I can't get the point of introducing new design for the sake of introducing them. Namely, the fibreglass plane last turn, or the armored bus this turn.
the fiberglass plane would have brought us materials experience, sadly nobody really wanted it because fiberglass was 2dangerous4u, i'll bring it back when it's safer but that'll probably be in the late 30s considering how often we replace our planes
the designs break the paradigm, but you guys are really failing at thinking outside the box no matter how hard i push it
now we want a good personnel carrier, so there you go? carries a lot of men, carries them fast, doesn't care about puny obstacles like their landmines or roadblocks, doesn't care about anything other than a direct arty hit, even better: this bus could be the basis of our motorized infantry (not mechanized though, it's not balls to the walls enough to carry struunks)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: August 18, 2015, 09:51:55 am »

the fiberglass plane would have brought us materials experience, sadly nobody really wanted it because fiberglass was 2dangerous4u, i'll bring it back when it's safer but that'll probably be in the late 30s considering how often we replace our planes
the designs break the paradigm, but you guys are really failing at thinking outside the box no matter how hard i push it
now we want a good personnel carrier, so there you go? carries a lot of men, carries them fast, doesn't care about puny obstacles like their landmines or roadblocks, doesn't care about anything other than a direct arty hit, even better: this bus could be the basis of our motorized infantry (not mechanized though, it's not balls to the walls enough to carry struunks)
I thought GM has punished enough people already for the lack of realism (or too-fast-into-future-ism), namely the Recoilless Guns.

And I mean, others think of Weapon A. Then you demands another specific pattern of Weapon A. You stick to your guns like shit, saying that your version A is out of the box enough. Others don't seem to listen. Shit falls upon us, not preventable by your specific pattern anyway. And you criticize others for not allowing you to try shit. It starts overs again.

Specifically, Putting all eggs into one APC isn't a good idea. We need to make them small and dirt cheap.

For now the mole will fit the bill. Use diesel. If possible make it amphibious (but abandon that once it turns out to be complicated)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 09:54:14 am by evilcherry »

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: August 18, 2015, 10:45:18 am »

The battle bus is too big.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: August 18, 2015, 10:50:14 am »

Exactly.

To me a 4-12 men IFV/APC is ideal. Basically enough seats for a self-contained mechanized infantry unit

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: August 18, 2015, 10:52:43 am »

Disregarding actual designs, what do we actually want? We've got several different designs for several different roles, so I think we should agree on a role first, and then decide on a design for it. As far as I'm aware we have the following:

Large IFV
Small IFV
Armoured Car
Infantry Armour/Camo
Bomber
Fighter

Which do we need?

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: August 18, 2015, 11:02:23 am »

I'm torn between a large and a small IFV. Both have its pros and cons.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: August 18, 2015, 11:32:11 am »

Badger APC
Tracked amphibious vehicle capable to carry 6 servicemen + driver. Has universal mount on the roof, capable to use Stallion, Sorraria, Rhino or Hippo. In addition to main weapon it has firing ports for personal weapons of the squad. Has anti-small arms armor with exception of forward armor that should offer some protection against automatic 20mm cannon and their RPG. Uses diesel engine. Optimized for use in jungles. Target cost is 2 ore, 2 oil.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: August 18, 2015, 11:59:12 am »

a platoon can do so much more than a squad
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 135