Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97500 times)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1931 Production
« Reply #1455 on: August 17, 2015, 07:08:14 am »

Hmm... Yellowjacket is even less useful than I expected. It gave us big nothing.

I think proposing something airforce related is pointless, right?
Protest. We might have a legitimate case here (or at least force Sensei into disclosing something).

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: August 17, 2015, 07:14:14 am »

It can outrun, out-climb and out-turn the AS-HF-24, so it usually wins in dogfights. It has ample firepower with its six M3 Sorraia machine guns, but these do have less accuracy at range than the Arstotzkan AC-18, due to their use of smaller rounds.
It is better but not 300% better like people here expected.

The AS-DB-HF-23 is a better bomber than the Model 2 Hornet, due to its better speed and maneuverability with a similar payload, so although less Arstotzkan bombers get through to attack ground targets, they get more kills.
It is exactly what I told. Gaining air superiority can't benefit you much unless you have a proper bomber
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: August 17, 2015, 07:24:53 am »

For the end of this year:

Order: Jungle-based officers are to construct their own ghillie suits and wear them over their bloody uniforms.  The uniforms are still being worn, so it's not a violation of High Command's orders, but now you won't get picked off by snipers.

Gods know why I didn't order this years ago.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: August 17, 2015, 07:27:09 am »

And yet you are not going to win the bomber war without a legitimate bomber!

Listen here, the Mosquito isn't better than the model 2 in game terms. They have a dive bomber which can be reliably spammed. We don't.

Okay, I give up. Maybe we actually design a high altitude level bomber today?

Model 55 "Monarch Butterfly" Bomber

Using all our knowledge of aviation, Moskurg announces plans of delivering payload at locations that were previously out of reach of the Model 2. It boasts 4 engines, some stallions for defense, and a bomb capacity of a few tonnes. High altitude capacity and endurance is a must. Control costs to Very expensive.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: August 17, 2015, 07:27:58 am »

For the end of this year:

Order: Jungle-based officers are to construct their own ghillie suits and wear them over their bloody uniforms.  The uniforms are still being worn, so it's not a violation of High Command's orders, but now you won't get picked off by snipers.

Gods know why I didn't order this years ago.
Maybe Jungle-based officers's uniform is Ghille. Well they are to be spotted in the open but not in the jungle.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: August 17, 2015, 07:32:59 am »

Nope, jungle based officer's uniform is that same gods-damned blue and silver cape it has always been.  Hence the order.

+1 to Monarch, unless there are some great suggestions for close quarters combat or urban warfare.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: August 17, 2015, 07:36:37 am »

I somehow suspect the fighter not winning the air war is due to it being Very Expnsive, as compared to enemy's Expensive fighter and bomber.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: August 17, 2015, 07:45:28 am »

Listen here, the Mosquito isn't better than the model 2 in game terms. They have a dive bomber which can be reliably spammed. We don't.
Is model 2 cheap? Nope. I wanted a spammable fighter-bomber to be at least as good as model 2 and 3 while being cheaper and giving us new technologies to try at next aircrafts. Designing mosquito now is less useful then it was turn ago and I think it is pointless to propose it.

Problem with designing a large bomber.... - I am not reading the other topic, but I am 95% sure that they discuss new fighter.

I somehow suspect the fighter not winning the air war is due to it being Very Expnsive, as compared to enemy's Expensive fighter and bomber.
Isn't it expensive?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: August 17, 2015, 07:48:24 am »

Alright, we need to design a CQC weapon, or revise one. We're so close to taking the jungle, and that oil will be great.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: August 17, 2015, 07:49:39 am »

Isn't it expensive?

Expensive from resource cost + expense from fuel injection.  Maybe wait for confirmation?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: August 17, 2015, 07:52:48 am »

My suggestions are the battle armor, and to develop chemical weapons before it's too late.

I vote for chemical weapons. We can then use the revision phase to create gas masks for our troops.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: August 17, 2015, 07:55:02 am »

Is model 2 cheap? Nope. I wanted a spammable fighter-bomber to be at least as good as model 2 and 3 while being cheaper and giving us new technologies to try at next aircrafts. Designing mosquito now is less useful then it was turn ago and I think it is pointless to propose it.

Problem with designing a large bomber.... - I am not reading the other topic, but I am 95% sure that they discuss new fighter.

Isn't it expensive?
In full earnest, I don't believe that the Mosquito will do us any good. Spammable, yes, but their chain of dashes will shoot every one down given the current mechanics, as they are worse fighters than a dive bomber cosplaying one.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: August 17, 2015, 07:59:56 am »

Design grenades.

You need something good in urban and jungle fighting.  Is best option.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: August 17, 2015, 08:04:16 am »

Nope, jungle based officer's uniform is that same gods-damned blue and silver cape it has always been.  Hence the order.

+1 to Monarch, unless there are some great suggestions for close quarters combat or urban warfare.
If we're going to give orders about the cape, just tell them to take it off during combat operations.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: August 17, 2015, 08:04:44 am »

Model 55 "Monarch Butterfly" Bomber

Using all our knowledge of aviation, Moskurg announces plans of delivering payload at locations that were previously out of reach of the Model 2. It boasts 4 engines, some stallions for defense, and a bomb capacity of a few tonnes. High altitude capacity and endurance is a must. Control costs to Very expensive.

* LordSlowpoke pokes

fiberglaaaaaass

ain't a butterfly without fiberglass
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 135