Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97146 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1924 Revision
« Reply #840 on: August 04, 2015, 12:49:18 pm »

Developing shaped charge warheads for our cannon munitions!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 04, 2015, 01:06:52 pm »

My design idea.

The MK-47 assault rifle

Inspired by the lightweight automatic fire technology of the Cascade SMG, this gun is designed to be better than it in every way. With a longer barrel, a wooden stock, and .30 caliber bullets, this gun is designed to keep the fire rate of an smg, and then improve it with the range, accuracy, and power of a conventional bolt action rifle. It's standard magazine is a box magazine that carries 30 rounds, but it also has the ability to accept a 100 round drum magazine as well.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 01:10:44 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 04, 2015, 01:17:50 pm »

Espionage: would it be possible to temporarily reduce Arstotzkan resources?  If that's too expensive, how does making one of their designs more expensive for a turn sound?

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 04, 2015, 01:21:37 pm »

B2 'Destroyer' 4-inch Howitzer
An inherently more powerful an accurate design than the bombardier it replaces, the Destroyer comes standard with some of the tech used on the Breaker's cannon to reduce recoil (Including a new hydro-spring system utilising oil-based lubricants if we don't already have one) with a range of roughly seven miles should completely outrange Arstotzka's artillery.
+1.
The MK-47 assault rifle

Inspired by the lightweight automatic fire technology of the Cascade SMG, this gun is designed to be better than it in every way. With a longer barrel, a wooden stock, and .30 caliber bullets, this gun is designed to keep the fire rate of an smg, and then improve it with the range, accuracy, and power of a conventional bolt action rifle. It's standard magazine is a box magazine that carries 30 rounds, but it also has the ability to accept a 100 round drum magazine as well.
+1.

Unless any major problems crop up, we'll revise the wasp. Let's wait to see designs before voting on revisions, though.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 04, 2015, 01:22:38 pm »

I would still want to push for a HMG instead of SMG.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 04, 2015, 01:36:51 pm »

Sure we don't want the dangerous and experimental Humpback?  It would certainly change the playing field a bit, rather than just being evolutions of existing designs.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1925 Design
« Reply #846 on: August 04, 2015, 02:27:51 pm »

we're doing the humpback next year, iituem

we've got me, ec and potentially you on board (as we agreed to do a mg this year instead)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 04, 2015, 02:31:17 pm »

we're doing the humpback next year, iituem

we've got me, ec and potentially you on board (as we agreed to do a mg this year instead)
No. This is something for this year or never.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 04, 2015, 02:32:37 pm »

...but we already agreed on the arty, and can't really skip out on it either

so the second slot is either mg or carrier

how do you plan this

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 04, 2015, 02:35:01 pm »

...but we already agreed on the arty, and can't really skip out on it either

so the second slot is either mg or carrier

how do you plan this
So MG. These things are, after all, only ok if and only if we have a slack. I'm not going to guarantee that we will still have it next turn.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 04, 2015, 03:04:58 pm »

Let me restate my votes for clarity.

Waterfall SMG, Humpback.  (Revise interceptors)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 04, 2015, 05:08:46 pm »

B2 'Destroyer' 4-inch Howitzer
An inherently more powerful an accurate design than the bombardier it replaces, the Destroyer comes standard with some of the tech used on the Breaker's cannon to reduce recoil (Including a new hydro-spring system utilising oil-based lubricants if we don't already have one) with a range of roughly seven miles should completely outrange Arstotzka's artillery.
+1.
The MK-47 assault rifle

+1.

Unless any major problems crop up, we'll revise the wasp. Let's wait to see designs before voting on revisions, though.
These two have my votes.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 04, 2015, 05:21:41 pm »

My tally of the votes is this, hopefully it's accurate. Could you guys go back to keeping your own tally and updating it when you vote?

Massive HMG:
Happerry,

Waterfall SMG
Iituem

B2 Howitzer
Taricus, Happerry, playergamer

Mustang MG
evilcherry, Iituem

MK47
heydude6, playergamer, lordslowpoke

M3 GPMG
Taricus, Iituem

I THINK people want the MK-47.
The MK-47 assault rifle

MK-47 Assault Rifle: This is a blowback operated rifle using .30 caliber rounds, designed to be an automatic weapon with a similar size and role to the Model 1 Service Rifle. It has a tear pistol grip, a slotted wooden foregrip and a 30 round magazine which mounts on the side. It is based on the Cascade's action, but heavily reinforced to withstand the pressures incurred by full size rifle rounds. The heavy moving bolt significantly affects accuracy when firing automatically, even at medium range. The weapon has a heavy barrel to prevent overheating and help with the recoil, which makes the weapon weigh around 16 pounds, but the recoil from rapidly firing rifle rounds is still a significant issue. Fires 600 rounds per minute. Costs 2 ore.

Using a high rate of fire, blowback action and full sized rifle rounds, the weapon feels more like a lighter and less accurate Brumby than a full sized Cascade with longer range. It is at least cheap.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1925 Revision
« Reply #853 on: August 04, 2015, 05:23:15 pm »

we actually wanted to use our design credit, meaning both the howitzer and mk-47?

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1925 Revision
« Reply #854 on: August 04, 2015, 05:27:45 pm »

we actually wanted to use our design credit, meaning both the howitzer and mk-47?
+1 from me.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 135