Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97136 times)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1924 Revision
« Reply #795 on: August 04, 2015, 06:14:45 am »

we could just take the stallion, give it rotating barrels and an engine to handle the rotating of barrels/rotating of whole apparatus

i've proposed that years ago
That will not equal an actual autocannon, if nothing else because of caliber issues. Also, I doubt that rotating machine guns could be reloaded very easily at all. If we want more then one Stallion, it's better to just have twin linked ones or such.

here i thought .60cal is ever so slightly over the machinegun-autocannon line, but then i am not glorious enough for glorious imperial

so how about we make the cannon 1.2cal? i insist on the barrels rotating somehow though, that'd increase rate of fire greatly and that was an issue with anything largecal we built

/or/ we can make turn our tank gun into an autocannon somehow, that'd be moskung as fuck
Gatling means lots of moving parts. Why can't we do a light machine gun?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: August 04, 2015, 06:21:51 am »

That's the brumby.  A little long in the tooth, but still effective.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: August 04, 2015, 06:59:48 am »

I call for the development of a water cooled five barreled (for a tiger has five claws) autocannon, loaded with a drum magazine, firing rounds at around the .60 caliber mark ideally with enough power to penetrate the front armor of the AS-MV21-AL, equipped with incorporating a hydro-pneumatic recoil control system and powered by a small electric motor. It shall be named the 1925 Claw Autocannon. If needed to keep the weight down it shall use aluminum parts.

I also think we need a modern new artillery gun but I don't know enough about artillery to describe a good one.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 07:11:15 am by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: August 04, 2015, 07:11:23 am »

My summary (based off of evilcherry's):

Air should be fine unless they do another development there. (Due to our Interceptor becoming cheaper)

On land are biggest concern is that LMG, then that mortar, then the risk of a counter to the breaker.

In my opinion, I think we should design a new uniform, with camo and some armour. This'll increase survivability vs explosives, hopefully to the point that only direct hits will kill and have an effect against rifle rounds.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: August 04, 2015, 07:18:48 am »

well, an autoloader would help re: artillery, in fact with pretty much all our field guns

do you guys think we should try to develop a radar? it'd swing air massively in our favor what with our radios, and if we develop it enough we could even get anti-arty radars going

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: August 04, 2015, 07:22:00 am »

S1 'Overlord' Rifle
Moskurg's first dedicated sniper weapon, built off the wrist-destroying .60 cal rounds. A little futuristic in it's design, given the layout is in bullpup format, the Overlord is primarily designed as a semi-automatic weapon (Reverting to bolt-action if that's not possible) fed from a five-round detachable magazine and built with an integral set of optics to make targeting Arstotzkans a breeze and a bipod so that the shooter can brace the weapon and only break the target. Also comes with AP rounds for breaking treads, aircraft and whatever else the marksman thinks needs breaking.

Anyone wondering why we're going bullpup? Well, we need to reduce the weight and size of the damn thing, and it's not the first bullpup firearm either.

'Waterfall' SMG
Designed to not only refine the cascade, but to expunge any trace of Arstotzkan heritage from our guns, the Waterfall sprays bullets like it's namesake does with water. Firing the newly developed .40 Pistol round, the waterfall is more or less designed to be better than Arstotzka's version; more reliable, cheaper and more powerful with a higher rate of fire.

A1 'Frog' 1.5-inch AA cannon
A semi-automatic anti-air cannon, which relies more on rate of fire than shrapnel, the frog is intended to utterly smash any dive bombers (OR any other aircraft) out of the sky with it's high velocity shells. Mounted on a four-wheeled towable carriage to allow the gun to operate on a 360 degree traverse, and mounting Moskurg's first reflector (Reflex) sight to make shooting down aircraft easy and simple.

Moskurg 1925 Uniform ensemble
To answer the Arstotzkan's dull, camo uniforms, start enlisting a few fashion designers to help make our uniforms glorious through style, whilst still being practical. Actually several outfits rather than one given the camo and other environmental requirements. The steel body armour is retained only for special assault units using SMGs, everyone else merely gets the helmet (Though both are now made of RHA). Furthermore, a separate dress uniform intended for parades and anyone near high command's headquarters which they're allowed to modify to their heart's desire for MAXIMUM GLORY, whereas the regular ones have no identifier apart from their style
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: August 04, 2015, 07:25:06 am »

In my opinion, I think we should design a new uniform, with camo and some armour. This'll increase survivability vs explosives, hopefully to the point that only direct hits will kill and have an effect against rifle rounds.
We already have armored uniforms, remember? The Camo would be nice, but I'd prefer to grab a Mortar or Artillery upgrade first, as the only reason we're still drawing mostly even with them on the bombardment area is that we have mobile artillery in the form of the SPAT and they don't. Our Bombardier is a lot cruder then their AS-1912 Artillery, in that it's less accurate and fires slower in the first place at 10 rounds per minute for us verses 12 for them... And we have to half our firing rate to keep our crude accuracy, while they're using an advanced suspension system that means that they don't have to reaim the thing every shot. I'm pretty sure the thing also outranged us. And this is for stationary firing, not firing on the move, so we loose a lot of our mobile artillery advantage from only having a crude gun to put on the SPAT.

In short, we really need an Artillery Update.

Meanwhile, Most of Taricus's ideas look nice, but the only one that might be a game changer is the AA cannon, and a better artillery gun and actual Flack shells should also be able to do that job... at least enough to buy us time to also make the Frog while also smashing their stuff on the ground.

...And I'm totally against the idea of removing our armored vests, we need that to keep shrapnel from killing our men.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: August 04, 2015, 07:32:34 am »

We kinda also need our men to be mobile as well, and steel isn't the best way to go about that.

And if it's artillery you want, thou shalt receive.

B2 'Destroyer' 4-inch Howitzer
An inherently more powerful an accurate design than the bombardier it replaces, the Destroyer comes standard with some of the tech used on the Breaker's cannon to reduce recoil (Including a new hydro-spring system utilising oil-based lubricants if we don't already have one) with a range of roughly seven miles should completely outrange Arstotzka's artillery.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: August 04, 2015, 07:35:11 am »

Overlord or AA would help in the mountains, where we have range to snipe or bombers are the biggest threat.  Need something to counter the camouflage bonus or LMG bonus in the jungle, though.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: August 04, 2015, 07:38:12 am »

We kinda also need our men to be mobile as well, and steel isn't the best way to go about that.

And if it's artillery you want, thou shalt receive.

B2 'Destroyer' 4-inch Howitzer
An inherently more powerful an accurate design than the bombardier it replaces, the Destroyer comes standard with some of the tech used on the Breaker's cannon to reduce recoil (Including a new hydro-spring system utilising oil-based lubricants if we don't already have one) with a range of roughly seven miles should completely outrange Arstotzka's artillery.
Switch to Aluminum armor like the other side then? But as long as we're in trench warfare mode, we need anti-shrapnel armor. (And personally I'd prefer to spend this turn's revision phase on Flack, AP and Explosive rounds. Flack rounds for Artillery and Explosive rounds for the Stallion should swing the air war back in our favor, or at least more in our favor then it is now, and AP rounds for our stallions should make them a good threat against the enemy armored cars.)

And +1 for the Destroyer.
Forenia Forever!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: August 04, 2015, 07:57:07 am »

can we make the destroyer self-propelled, or would that be stretching too thin?

anything that lets us keep momentum is a bonus

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 04, 2015, 08:08:38 am »

Well, we could revise the destroyer to take the bombardier's place on the SPAT.

And I doubt we're in trench warfare any more, given that sand isn't really conductive to digging :P

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: August 04, 2015, 08:09:50 am »

well yeah, but we're planning to push back into the plains someday and the taiga, aren't we?

sure can trench up in these

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: August 04, 2015, 08:19:19 am »

That's what the breaker will stop :D

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: August 04, 2015, 08:24:16 am »

fair enough, +1 howitzer

now we need to decide on the second design, if we're going to use that credit now; any thoughts on the radar (because there were zero responses regarding it)
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 135