Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97292 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1921 Design
« Reply #555 on: July 31, 2015, 04:16:45 am »

I'll back the M 1 Stampede  It seems a bit more future-proof, as AAMGs tend to get a bit obsolete fairly quickly, and a .60 cal gun has a lot more punch.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 31, 2015, 04:18:19 am »

Actually, speaking of Logistics, even if we save the mountains will we actually be able to get the resources from them anyway? By memory I don't think our trains have enough capacity to move that much resources as is once we add in the jungle income, and honestly we'd probably be better off revising for the pintle mount MGs for ground based anti air then upgrading the trains again this turn..
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 31, 2015, 04:19:34 am »

Actually, speaking of Logistics, even if we save the mountains will we actually be able to get the resources from them anyway? By memory I don't think our trains have enough capacity to move that much resources as is once we add in the jungle income, and honestly we'd probably be better off revising for the pintle mount MGs for ground based anti air then upgrading the trains again this turn..
We'll need to probably design completely new trains to improve our resource intake. Maybe transport trucks as well.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 31, 2015, 04:21:47 am »

Yah, and I think we have better things to spend this turn's action on. We're loosing way to heavily on the Plains, we need to focus on turning that around or giving them more pressing issues then pressing their advantage there.

It might be worth coming up with a proper Anti-Tank Rifle this turn, maybe? We're mostly winning on the ground, and our air issues were mainly because they had more planes then us, and with our current ownership of the jungle we should have equal amounts of airplanes this turn, so we should at least draw even up there considering we have a better airplane design. And we have bombers and they don't, so drawing even in the air is better for us then them.

So I'm betting they're either going to try to design a better plane, which given ours are pretty good and now we'll have lots of them should be handleable (Specially if we revise for anti air machinegun mounts on our vehicles), or they're finally going to throw a proper tank design at us instead of the steam powered deathtraps they've been using to counter our Smashers.

As such, I think I'm going to vote for a Man Portable and Usable Anti Tank Rifle.

And I will vote to Use the Expense Voucher on the T1 Smasher which should make it Inexpensive with the Jungle Income. (If this would not make it Inexpensive, I don't want to use the Voucher on it, but unless I messed up the math using it should allow for mass production of tanks.)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 04:31:55 am by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 31, 2015, 04:39:08 am »

Yeah. And as a side bonus, we could likely install pintle mounts on all our vehicles, train cars included.

But TRUCKS. Now that there's a logistic use for them, we can start motorising our forces!

L1 'Tiger' Truck
Basically, a simple truck meant for hauling just about anything. Designed with a flat, smooth underbody for all-terrain performance, relatively light whilst packing a simple yet fairly powerful engine. The only truly experimental bits of equipment on the truck is the use of portal axles instead of regular ones (Thereby allowing us to put more torque from the engine to the wheels without needing a larger engine or more fuel), and independent suspension on the wheels to ensure the truck is capable of all-terrain travel.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 31, 2015, 04:48:29 am »

Also if we make Anti-Tank Rifles, we can try to sell them to Russia's rebelling colonies to blow up the AS-T15 Steam Tanks Arstotzka sold Russia, demonstrating on a world stage just how crappy Arstotzka's vehicles are.
Forenia Forever!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 31, 2015, 04:50:37 am »

Might be a little difficult given that we'd need the truck to collect the resources from the jungle first.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 31, 2015, 05:16:06 am »

Er, no, not at all. An Anti-Tank Rifle's main cost should be in its complexity, not it's ore cost, like most other infantry, weapons. And our trains should be at 3/4 right now, in terms of resources carried. We can easily afford to loose the mountain's income because that'll just put us at 4/4 from the jungle's resources, keeping our current level of Ore and adding the extra Oil resource we need to mass produce our Fighter-Bombers.

Better to spend this turn's design phase on something that'll turn around the fight in the plains, given that they're, you know, penetrating into our homeland over there. The single extra resource the truck gives us won't actually be useful for anything this turn, because we should be spending the expense voucher on the Smasher, making it Inexpensive for this round.

Next turn a Truck would be a good thing to have, but for this round we need to hit them before they can consolidate.
Forenia Forever!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 31, 2015, 05:21:29 am »

Without the logistics capacity, we can't actually exploit the resources in the jungle fully. We need the truck now so we can ship the extra oil back so that our hornets are cheaper. And the majority of the enemy advantage is coming from air support. We wipe that, and we steamroll over their trenches. And with the trucks, our infantry can easily follow the armour through a breach.

And with the pintle mount, we should easily be able to slap a brumby onto damn near anything, giving us a lot of AA.

Also, our trains are at 4/4. Two ore carried, and two oil carried. We'd still need the truck to have two ore and three oil.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 31, 2015, 05:39:37 am »

Oh, hum, I must of miscounted the resources somewhere. Bleh.

Well, in that case you're entirely correct and I'll have to change my vote.

Changing Vote to L1 'Tiger' Truck
Forenia Forever!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 31, 2015, 05:40:42 am »

Let me see if I understand your proposal:

Expense Credit the Hornets, so we gain numerical parity for this turn.

Design the Tiger so that next turn we can have the 3 oil we need to field Hornets in perpetuity.

Revise the pintle(?) Brumbies/Stallions as AA/AT portable emplacements.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 31, 2015, 05:44:26 am »

Instead of making the smasher cheap we should rather overproduce hornets so we have some parity in the air.

If we spend our revision on making Brumby (and possibly stallions?) on a pintle mount, then we really need something to help us advance in the jungle, or to get the goodies from it.

Vote for the L1 Tiger ATV/Truck

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 31, 2015, 05:46:06 am »

Let me see if I understand your proposal:

Expense Credit the Hornets, so we gain numerical parity for this turn.

Design the Tiger so that next turn we can have the 3 oil we need to field Hornets in perpetuity.

Revise the pintle(?) Brumbies/Stallions as AA/AT portable emplacements.
Yes. I was going to use the credit on the Smasher, but that was before you pointed out on how I was wrong about our Logistics Slack (and it not actually existing). Our fighters are better then their fighters. The maneuverability is about the same, but our gun is on a turret and there's isn't, so we should have an advantage in any fights that even approaches even amounts of planes on both sides. Meanwhile, our fighters are in fact actually Fighter-Bombers, which means that we can bomb them to bits if we start winning those 'even' fights.
Forenia Forever!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 31, 2015, 05:47:16 am »

If it's just a revision mount to make the stallions a single .60 AAMG, I'd go for that.  We need something to help us in the air.  As good as the trucks are, the jungle resources are dependant on us holding there.. if we don't, we get no resources, and if we don't get some kinda AA gun or boost in aircraft, we lose the jungle resources AND the mountain resources.

Trucks, however, are really useful everywhere, so I have a hard time voting against them.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 31, 2015, 05:49:11 am »

Okay, for a recap:

Design the tiger
Use pintles to make an AA gun (and possibly for the Hornet too
Profit
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 135