Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97354 times)

TheLordofHouseRiley

• Bay Watcher
  • Cutting down the enemies of the emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1919 Production
« Reply #450 on: July 29, 2015, 04:18:02 pm »

You have a valid point. I just feel like we should save up and keep our airforce as secret as possible then in two to three turns if we continued to use our design phases to prepare a advanced airforce of heavy bombers and then either better fighters/fighter bombers  or perhaps an airborne infantry force we can use it as a killing blow we could end this war in a matter of weeks rather then years. While at the same time we could simply keep the Arstotzkans at bay by revising current designs and making them better at doing there job rather then creating something completely new to do the same job.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 29, 2015, 04:28:22 pm »

heh, my idea was to make a fuck-huge bomber and mustard gas their capital until the high command surrenders

REMOVE ARSTOTZKAN remove arstotzkan

TheLordofHouseRiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 29, 2015, 04:34:53 pm »

Ok...... thats quite drastic do you want to be invaded by a world power for a major uhh well i suppose that would be considered genocide because i don't want that. Bomb there industrial centers in the capital sure. Maybe even some fire bombing but gassing civilians is a big ol no from me.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 29, 2015, 04:36:08 pm »

well, they're arstotzkans

they had it coming for centuries

and it's not like it's sarin or something

e: here's a thought: we have our infiltrators burn a major food storehouse, then mask our planes as arstotzkan ones and send them supplies laced with arsenic?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 04:38:37 pm by LordSlowpoke »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 29, 2015, 05:19:07 pm »

Pretty sure the WW1 powers would be too busy excitedly committing their own genocides to come and invade us.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #455 on: July 29, 2015, 05:22:14 pm »

heh, my idea was to make a fuck-huge bomber and mustard gas their capital until the high command surrenders

REMOVE ARSTOTZKAN remove arstotzkan

+1 this
Regards,
Dampe

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 29, 2015, 05:29:10 pm »

I say we make flamethrowers for our design vote, and then use the revision phase to improve our current armor production to make our vehicles harder to kill or revising the radio to make it smaller, and more reliable.

TheLordofHouseRiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 29, 2015, 06:28:59 pm »

Adwarf all of those suggestions are great they are I agree with you on all accounts other then the flamethrower its kinda a meh weapon for trench combat and the only place it would be really effective would be in the jungles but even then do to the moisture and etc.... its not like it would actually be able to permanently destroy there wooden fortifications just burn them out of them assuming it could get close enough to do that. Maybe a hull mounted flamer in the SPAT or something like that just as an infantry deterrent could be effective but even then I wouldn't be sold on it.

Now on your two other points improvements in Armor and Radio size change. As far as the Armor goes the enemy is pushing into the desert there armor is about to become useless just do to the natural environments engines will be cloged by airborne dust particles kicked up by there own movement the unstable ground will take out a good many of them as well and the ones that do continue to function are going to be outmatched by our current tanks and AFV's. Not for any reasons of design or engineering prowess but for two reasons. One we are fighting on are home turf not contested lands but lands that are well and truly considered our home not only can we except a surge of new recruits as well as a greater economic output by the people as we fully mobilize our economy so we will simply have more to throw at the enemy and those new troops are going to fight even more zealously to keep the enemy at bay then before. Then as far as in vehicular engagements we have the home field advantage our commanders are going to have experience with the terrain no what spots to drive on where you can't do to loose sand or rocks where water is to either cool the engines or the troops. Im frankly not worried about them pushing us back much further. As far as the radio goes i think its size is fine its large yes but its miles ahead of anything the Arstotzkans have decreasing the size wouldn't give us a tangible advantage over them. Now increasing the reliabilty and resistance of it yeah something could be said for that but thats not a game changer.
We need to focus on game changers man because we are loosing right now quite handedly I might add.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 29, 2015, 07:16:54 pm »

If you punctuate your sentences properly people might start to take you more seriously.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 29, 2015, 07:20:15 pm »

If you punctuate your sentences properly people might start to take you more seriously.
+1. Wall of Text syndrome does not encourage me to pay careful attention to your suggestions.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheLordofHouseRiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 29, 2015, 07:36:46 pm »

I apologize about punctuation and what not I was raised and educated in rural Kentucky. I don't have that best grasp on grammar rules and punctuation but ill work on it.

TheLordofHouseRiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 29, 2015, 08:30:13 pm »

So I'm going to try and restate what I said in the previous post in a way that it should be easier to read. Again I'm just going to apologize ahead of time for the inevitable grammar and punctuation mistakes.

Adwarf as far as your suggestions go there all good ideas I just don't exactly think there what Moskurg needs right now. As we are currently on the back foot we need game changing weapons that will enable us to use new and innovative tactics, because if we don't innovate it seems to me Arztotzka is going to consistently beat us in a traditional war of attrition.

In regards to the flamethrower as useful as this would be in the Jungle, I don't see it being much of a use elsewhere. Do to the inevitably bulky equipment of an flamethrower no matter how well developed it is. It will make the wearer a target to be specific a combustable target. So I doubt they would be of much use on the plains or I suppose now the desert. Since some unfortunate sod is going to have to try and sprint with that thing on his back up to the enemies position under a withering hail of rifle and machine-gun fire. I just don't see how many people could be expected to make that run and survive I'm even more dubious of how much damage the flamethrower would actually cause on the trench sure it could burn out a singular MG nest or a small portion of normal trench. The trench line is just so wide that there will be so many men in it out of range of the flamethrower that one of them could simply kill the man armed with it.

The radio on the other hand is one of the few areas of technology that we are actually squarely ahead of the Arstotzkans in. While improving the radio would benefit us no doubt in the long term in the short term there is no real reason to decrease its size I mean that would only up the complexity and thus the cost. I see no real reason for that currently maybe down the line it would be useful but for now it seems a like its just a waste of time.

Now improvements to the Armor of our vehicles could be useful it really could. I just feel like improving the armor of our vehicles isn't going to cut it on driving the Arstotzkans out of our homeland. I mean even if we improve our current vehicles it seems to me that they will still just have better vehicles. Thats why I'm in favor of developing weapons that will change the game force them to react to us rather then the other way around.

Hopefully that was a little bit better then my former post at least as far as ease to read is concerned

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #462 on: July 29, 2015, 08:45:45 pm »

It's not so much your grammar as it is how drawn out your posts are.
Try to keep them a bit more condensed, please! :D
Regards,
Dampe

TheLordofHouseRiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 29, 2015, 08:50:07 pm »

Ehh I know I talk a lot but I just love stuff like this sorry if i ramble but ill do my best to cut down on it.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 29, 2015, 08:50:19 pm »

I do disagree with the flamethrowers in general.. in RL, they just weren't as useful as they were thought to be.  I'm also not sure we need to worry about the desert.. the last round had us push them forward twice back into the plains.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 135