Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97397 times)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1916 Production
« Reply #315 on: July 27, 2015, 03:34:56 am »

I vote for not aligning towards the central powers. Not only does it weaken our relation to the powers that project more naval presence over the globe, they also use metric measurement. This, necessitating converting the .30 into dirty arstotzkan metric.
Oooh, good point. I withdraw my vote to offer up our supreme machine gun.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1916 Production
« Reply #316 on: July 27, 2015, 04:08:21 am »

I vote for not aligning towards the central powers. Not only does it weaken our relation to the powers that project more naval presence over the globe, they also use metric measurement. This, necessitating converting the .30 into dirty arstotzkan metric.

That was all the argument I needed.  DOWN WITH THE METRE!  [Vote retracted.]
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1917 Design
« Reply #317 on: July 27, 2015, 06:18:33 am »

Alright, given that the Spat is a flop, it's looking more and more that the grenade is the answer to a lot of our problems on both fronts.
Therefore, I'm re-proposing the grenade again.

G1 Hand Grenade
Essentially a HE stick grenade, which, with additional heads bundled up, able to function as an improvised AT weapon that can CRUSH PUNY ARSTOTZKAN ARMOUR
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #318 on: July 27, 2015, 06:37:53 am »

+1 to grenades.

I'll agree to this if we make smoke with a revision, though I'd prefer smoke rounds for the artillery that our tanks could use, since thrown smoke has a very short range. If we have smoke, plus the SP-AT on tank and emplacement killing duty, then our guys can actually get close enough to use these grenades.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1916 Design, Party Like It's 1916
« Reply #319 on: July 27, 2015, 07:26:49 am »

Markozni Wireless Radio: It weighs about as much as a full tank of petrol, is patchy and has limited range, but it's a radio transmitter/receiver in a box.  Communication is as important in the field as armament, and right now everything is being done by horse couriers.  Radio will allow our troops to co-ordinate on a much wider level than before, resulting in new strategic and tactical avenues.

Co-ordination would help us a lot in the field.  We don't have a strong advantage one-on-one against the Arstotzkans, especially in the trenches, but radio co-ordination would mean we could pile multiple tanks and gunners on single targets - effectively increase our ability to concentrate force and eliminate the enemy targets.

Or, if we want to be evil...

Mustard Gas: With a simple rocket delivery system for launching into enemy trenches.

I don't like that option, but it's the right era for it, and a counter to trench superiority.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 27, 2015, 07:36:33 am »

Mustard Gas: With a simple rocket delivery system for launching into enemy trenches.

rip plains o7

+1

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 27, 2015, 08:25:26 am »

Specifically, we need a projectile deliverable version of mustard gas.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 27, 2015, 09:13:19 am »

Alright, I need someone to convince me. I can't decide between the grenade, radio, or mustard gas. Grenade would increase our AT and trenchfighting capability, radio would help us pretty much everywhere imo, plus allow us to build a good recon plane, and mustard gas would give us a huge advantage in the plains.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 27, 2015, 09:17:53 am »

Mustard gas has some delivery issues to work out, and as soon as we bring it into the field the Aristotzkans will as well and both sides are going to need gas masks.  [Although maybe we should anyway just to jump ahead of that gun.]

Grenades are pretty cool, and a solid step up on the arms ladder.  No complaints.

Radios are game changers.  Being able to co-ordinate in close to real time is a luxury of the battlefield our "continent" has never had.  Radios won't improve our ability to shoot, but they will improve our ability to shoot at the right place at the right time.  If grenades are force-additive, radios force-multiply.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 27, 2015, 09:24:51 am »

Yeah, mustard gas would give us a turn of slaughter before they get masks, and definitely add some time for us to fix our problems. The grenades...eh. I feel a radio or gas would be better.

I think, for now, I'm going to vote for the radio. It'll give us a huge force multiplier by allowing us to coordinate our forces better, and when we start making aircraft, we can put one in a recon plane.

+1 to radio.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 27, 2015, 09:26:04 am »

True, but we need to reverse the gains the Arstotzkans have first.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 27, 2015, 09:26:15 am »

Aren't they mostly in our trenches right now anyway? That's not exactly somewhere we want to introduce mustard gas.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 27, 2015, 09:28:18 am »

That, and we'd gas masks of our own.

As for the radios... Why not? Here's hoping we get a man-portable version though, otherwise things might be a little hairy. +1 for the radio

EDIT: After this, we may want to start concentrating our SPATs up and training troops in stormtrooper doctrine to punch through their defenses and start encircling them.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 09:31:09 am by Taricus »

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #328 on: July 27, 2015, 09:51:10 am »

Alright, given that the Spat is a flop, it's looking more and more that the grenade is the answer to a lot of our problems on both fronts.
Therefore, I'm re-proposing the grenade again.

G1 Hand Grenade
Essentially a HE stick grenade, which, with additional heads bundled up, able to function as an improvised AT weapon that can CRUSH PUNY ARSTOTZKAN ARMOUR

+1

Regards,
Dampe

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 27, 2015, 11:09:19 am »

Stagnation doesn't look so bad now eh?
+1 To Radio
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 135