Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97366 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1916 Design, Party Like It's 1916
« Reply #195 on: July 26, 2015, 11:53:07 am »

I thought we have the bombardier howitzer? If we can run around their tanks then it's the end of it.
Howitzers can't stop tanks. Indirect fire weapons are terrible at stopping armor. The target is too small and a kill requires a direct hit. And the Struunk's aren't a counter to the tanks. They'll be killed by the supporting infantry and machine guns because their armor is too thin. They can only stop a tank that isn't supported.

Why dont we make a smaller gun, with higher velocity?
I guess we could use the bombardier, then use a revision to make HVAP rounds.
What if we finished our flame thrower, for our design, but revise our bombardier to have an AT variant.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 26, 2015, 11:58:51 am »

Tank-killer Rifle
A purpose-built bullpup AT rifle, built as a semi-automatic rifle with a 5 round detachable box magazine (If the semi-automatic cannot be achieved, default to a bolt-action mechanism) utilising the .60 cal round with an integral scope and bipod to make this thing accurate and deadly. Furthermore, the rifle must be built to exacting quality; if it can't blow a Arstotzkan's officer's head off clean nearly a mile away, or the crew of a tank from the few vision slits they have, the rifle isn't up to our standards.

Would a version of the original AT rifle design work for this purpose?  It does double as ranged tank killing and sniping.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #197 on: July 26, 2015, 12:02:27 pm »

I thought we have the bombardier howitzer? If we can run around their tanks then it's the end of it.
Howitzers can't stop tanks. Indirect fire weapons are terrible at stopping armor. The target is too small and a kill requires a direct hit. And the Struunk's aren't a counter to the tanks. They'll be killed by the supporting infantry and machine guns because their armor is too thin. They can only stop a tank that isn't supported.

Why dont we make a smaller gun, with higher velocity?
I guess we could use the bombardier, then use a revision to make HVAP rounds.

What if we finished our flame thrower, for our design, but revise our bombardier to have an AT variant.

Flamethrower would be an effective AT weapon in itself. Sneak up behind a tank, climb on top, open the hatch and roast everyone inside.
Regards,
Dampe

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 26, 2015, 12:07:00 pm »

I don't know.  We do need to improve our ranged sharpshooting and anti-tank both.  Hrm.

Grenades/Flamethrowers would help anti-tank and jungle.

Sniper-AT would help anti-tank (slightly more) and maybe mountains?

Yeah, supporting a Sniper-AT design.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 26, 2015, 12:08:24 pm »

Iituem, I don't think an AT rifle will work very well against a full-blown tank. I think the AT gun will do more, and also double as an artillery gun, sort of.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #200 on: July 26, 2015, 12:08:51 pm »

We can use a revision to fix the flamethrower. We already designed it. Didn't we?

Flamethrower would be an effective AT weapon in itself. Sneak up behind a tank, climb on top, open the hatch and roast everyone inside.
That's the most absurd thing I've ever heard. How the hell does an infantry, let alone a guy with a fuel tank strapped to his back, get right on top of a tank? You'd have to be doing city fighting for something like that to happen. You'd never get the hatch open either, because they have locks you use from the inside. And if you were standing right on top of that tank, you'd blow yourself up when the tank's ammo exploded.

I've heard accounts that say flame weapons weren't effective against armor unless you set fire to the rear of the tank, on the flat part right above the engine.

I don't know.  We do need to improve our ranged sharpshooting and anti-tank both.  Hrm.

Grenades/Flamethrowers would help anti-tank and jungle.

Sniper-AT would help anti-tank (slightly more) and maybe mountains?

Yeah, supporting a Sniper-AT design.
AT rifles won't do in the long term! They won't penetrate the existing tank's armor, even. AT rifles were abandoned during WW2 because of how ineffective they were, since they could only damage very light tanks.

Iituem, I don't think an AT rifle will work very well against a full-blown tank. I think the AT gun will do more, and also double as an artillery gun, sort of.
A self-propelled AT gun would be fantastic for destroying emplacements! Direct fire guns are more accurate than howitzers. It would let us bring artillery to places where you can't tow guns, too.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 12:12:50 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 26, 2015, 12:12:21 pm »

Gunin, you are of forgetting Moskurg soldier very stronk. Can carry flamethrower and climb tonk at sames time.
Regards,
Dampe

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #202 on: July 26, 2015, 12:13:34 pm »

Gunin, you are of forgetting Moskurg soldier very stronk. Can carry flamethrower and climb tonk at sames time.
Moskurg soldier also smart enough not to stand on top of tank he set on fire.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 26, 2015, 12:16:17 pm »

Moskurg soldier also smart enough not to stand on top of tank he set on fire.

Touché.

You could point it at the driver's viewport and see what happens, though.
Regards,
Dampe

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #204 on: July 26, 2015, 12:22:10 pm »

Instead of rolling the dice to see if your men survive being in front of a tank, put them in spider holes and let the tanks roll past, then pop out and torch the rear, or shoot them with horsekillers, or throw grenades. Grenades are probably best since flamethrowers and horsekillers would turn your spider hole into a foxhole.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 26, 2015, 12:37:56 pm »

But Flamers would let us push the jungle out, aswell as giving us an edge in trenches and cave fighting.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 26, 2015, 12:48:19 pm »

But Flamers would let us push the jungle out, aswell as giving us an edge in trenches and cave fighting.

if you figure out what we can do on the revision phase to counter the tank, i'm voting flamer

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #207 on: July 26, 2015, 12:50:45 pm »

You can use the revision phase to fix the flamer though...? We developed one in 1912 and it was broken. We don't need to use the design phase to make a flamer!

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 26, 2015, 12:51:15 pm »

Sensei said it was so badly broken it needed a design phase to fix, iirc.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 26, 2015, 12:52:43 pm »

if you figure out what we can do on the revision phase to counter the tank, i'm voting flamer
Revise an anti tank version of our artillery
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 135