Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97309 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1916 Design, Party Like It's 1916
« Reply #180 on: July 26, 2015, 08:01:08 am »

Those are both terribly sweet weapons.  I really want the rifle, but I think we need the hand grenade on more fronts.

G1 Hand Grenade.
Changed vote.

What are we going to name it? We can't only give it a number like the Arsetotzkans.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 11:14:59 am by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 26, 2015, 08:03:31 am »

The Generous Package.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 26, 2015, 08:17:31 am »

Or, to shorthand that, the Genpak Grenade. Sound good?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 26, 2015, 08:47:27 am »

G1 Hand Grenade
Essentially a HE stick grenade, which, with additional heads bundled up, able to function as an improvised AT weapon that can CRUSH PUNY ARSTOTZKAN ARMOUR
+1 for Handbombs
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #184 on: July 26, 2015, 11:11:13 am »

We need a weapon that can destroy the tanks before they're running over our trenches.

Self-propelled AT gun (4-inch cannon) with treads built for direct fire. The hull is open on the top to facilitate cooling and save material, there is only some front and side armor to protect the crew from gunfire and shrapnel from artillery. Speed is not a huge factor, but reliability is.

The goal is to make a gun that can outrange the tanks, and still penetrate, while being just as mobile as the tanks in order to react to assaults happening all along the line.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 01:57:52 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 26, 2015, 11:15:11 am »

We need a weapon that can destroy the tanks before they're running over our trenches.

Self-propelled AT gun (4-inch cannon) built for direct fire. The hull is open to facilitate cooling and save material, there is only some frontal armor to protect the crew from gunfire and shrapnel. Speed is not a huge factor, but reliability is.

The goal is to make a gun that can outrange the tanks, and still penetrate, while being just as mobile as the tanks in order to react to assaults happening all along the line.
+1.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 26, 2015, 11:15:20 am »

If we finish the flamethrower, that would deal with their tanks overheating issue, and help in the jungles, and a smoke round in revision could allow for us to get up close and personal

Self-propelled AT gun (4-inch cannon) built for direct fire. The hull is open to facilitate cooling and save material, there is only some frontal armor to protect the crew from gunfire and shrapnel. Speed is not a huge factor, but reliability is.

We could make the gun, but use our armored car design to carry it.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 11:17:17 am by Elfeater »
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #187 on: July 26, 2015, 11:31:50 am »

The car is too small to carry a 4-inch gun. And with wheels, it will get bogged down and won't be accurate. Braked wheels will still slide around when you fire unless you have chocks, and that ruins your accuracy. I want the AT gun to have treads for these reasons. There's no point in reusing the platform unless it's outdated either, if you mean it would save us material, since we're still producing and using the Struunk.

We should definitely use our next round to make smoke shells. Smoke is super important.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 26, 2015, 11:33:24 am »

The car is too small to carry a 4-inch gun. And with wheels, it will get bogged down and won't be accurate. Braked wheels will still slide around when you fire unless you have chocks, and that ruins your accuracy. I want the AT gun to have treads for these reasons. There's no point in reusing the platform unless it's outdated either, if you mean it would save us material, since we're still producing and using the Struunk.

We should definitely use our next round to make smoke shells. Smoke is super important.
I meant it would save use the cash, we could also look into using tractor chassis like the Russians did
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #189 on: July 26, 2015, 11:36:17 am »

Why would using the Struunk design save us materials?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 26, 2015, 11:38:44 am »

Why would using the Struunk design save us materials?
Wouldnt need a new assembly line mostly, we already know how to produce them.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #191 on: July 26, 2015, 11:44:21 am »

True, they don't need to adjust the assembly lines which takes time, but I just don't think it's a very good platform for such a huge gun. 4 inches is a hundred millimeters. That's the biggest gun used in this entire war. The Struunk was designed to carry two machine guns... I'm telling you, this weapon needs treads if it's going to survive the terrain.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 26, 2015, 11:45:44 am »

I thought we have the bombardier howitzer? If we can run around their tanks then it's the end of it.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 26, 2015, 11:47:30 am »

Why dont we make a smaller gun, with higher velocity?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #194 on: July 26, 2015, 11:51:47 am »

I thought we have the bombardier howitzer? If we can run around their tanks then it's the end of it.
Howitzers can't stop tanks. Indirect fire weapons are terrible at stopping armor. The target is too small and a kill requires a direct hit. And the Struunk's aren't a counter to the tanks. They'll be killed by the supporting infantry and machine guns because their armor is too thin. They can only stop a tank that isn't supported.

Why dont we make a smaller gun, with higher velocity?
I guess we could use the bombardier, then use a revision to make HVAP rounds.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 135