Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97236 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1914 Design
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2015, 01:31:22 pm »

i say we should use the revision phase to put a gas engine on the stallion in order to introduce rotating barrels and assist in turning it about, but do as you will

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2015, 01:48:00 pm »

M4 'Brumby' LMG
Using the lessons learnt from updating the Stallion, start designing an LMG designed to be carried and operated by a single person to compliment the Stallion. Box-fed and air-cooled with a bipod installed to stabilise the gun when firing from cover. To specify, the MG should use the same .30 rounds as our rifles.

This has my vote. Should be belt-fed and water-cooled, with a large port so soldiers can shove snow into it like the Russian version of the Maxim gun.
I think I'm going to put my vote in for this+1.
I'll give this machine gun my +1.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2015, 01:56:59 pm »

Alright, time to tally up:

-M4 Brumby
Taricus
Adwarf
evilcherry
Dampe
playergamer
Happerry

-Airplane
lordslowpoke

-T1 Scimitar
Iituem
guninarin
playergamer

Looks like the vote is for a light machine gun.

M2 Brumby: The Brumby is an air-cooled, .30 caliber machinegun designed to be carried by one man. It is operated by a gas piston under the barrel, and feeds from a belt. It includes a tall rear post sight, the barrel is cooled with shining, unconcealed copper heat sinks, and an innovative "belt box" for use on the move. Unlike previous machine guns, it uses a pistol grip instead of a pair of handles. It shoots around 400 rounds a minute with an effective range of around 300 yards, and weighs 26 pounds with a loaded belt box. It can be operated by a single soldier, ideally prone, or a crew to string belts together for continuous fire. The complexity of its mechanism makes it Expensive.

The Brumby is a pride of Moskurg engineering.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1914 Revision
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2015, 02:21:57 pm »

Add a steel helmet and some small armor plates to the standard uniform, to stop shrapnel.

((I suggested this earlier, but you guys ignored it in favor of the horsekiller, I think.))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2015, 02:29:06 pm »

Standardise the belt feeding systems in our machine guns.  Even if it doesn't necessarily affect our existing guns as much, standardising our machine gun apparatus should reduce the complexity of future weaponry (and make it less Expensive).
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2015, 02:33:12 pm »

We really could use the armor, Iituem. Right now, the Arsetotzkans have a big advantage, because their artillery can do much more damage then ours.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2015, 02:36:11 pm »

Eh, fair enough.  +1 to armour for now, then.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2015, 03:10:00 pm »

Moskurg 1914 Armor: Steel vests and helmets are added, to protect against shrapnel. Blue-and-silver glory improved with silver cape.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 03:40:17 pm by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1914 Production
« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2015, 03:32:03 pm »

Next round, we should get the flamer up and kicking, making sure they don't try to destroy our shit this time, and get smoke rounds equipped into our artillery pieces, so we can get up close were our troops excel.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2015, 03:33:18 pm »

Msokurg

sensei was shipped off to reeducation camp for misspelling glorious countryname

rip game

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2015, 03:41:13 pm »

Msokurg

sensei was shipped off to reeducation camp for misspelling glorious countryname

rip game

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2015, 03:51:15 pm »

Next round, we should get the flamer up and kicking, making sure they don't try to destroy our shit this time, and get smoke rounds equipped into our artillery pieces, so we can get up close were our troops excel.
+1 In advance.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2015, 04:24:32 pm »

shining, unconcealed copper heat sinks
Sniper bait, anyone?
And speaking of sniping, perhaps we should consider making a sniper-specific modification of the horsekiller, since that's what it's used for now. You know, telescopic sights and the like.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2015, 04:27:33 pm »

Standardise the belt feeding systems in our machine guns.  Even if it doesn't necessarily affect our existing guns as much, standardising our machine gun apparatus should reduce the complexity of future weaponry (and make it less Expensive).

+1

Also, I do think we should try to develop a basic biplane sooner rather than later. Getting the jump on the Arse Tots Cans in the air would be a HUGE benefit for us.
Regards,
Dampe

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1913 Revision
« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2015, 04:40:39 pm »

Make an armored car with 15mms of armor and a turret that rotates using electricity mounted with a .60 cal Horsekiller modified to be automatic, and an M2 Brumby. The vehicle should only be as big as it has to be to hold the crew and the engine to minimize silhouette. The hull should be friendly to infantry desant. It should have a top speed of at least 20 mph cross-country.

I added an M2 Brumby to the armament. I think a machine-gun, plus a Horsekiller autocannon, should be good for now. It'll probably be very expensive, since it's a big project, but we can revise it.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 135