Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97183 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1914 Design
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2015, 04:20:54 am »

Edited to clarify to state it's in .30 Cal
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2015, 04:25:20 am »

Would that also be in .60 caliber?
Of course. Anything less is a baby man's weapon. Let the Arstotzkan's mess with such puny firearms.

Edit: Sadly it seems Taric wants .30 caliber instead .... I guess I can back that.
.30 is better. We understand how unwieldy the .60 is, and how impossible for it to be made manpad.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2015, 04:41:59 am »

aight m8s i'll step in here

check this out

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

we have a lot of oil, we do not have metal, we want results

discuss

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2015, 05:33:16 am »

Not sure if we are allowed to design planes. Historically though Air force was never a separate arm before ww2.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2015, 05:34:00 am »

We may want to save it after we've motorised.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2015, 05:37:05 am »

You can certainly design airplanes.

Well, you can certainly try. It'd be your first attempt manufacturing both motors and a flying airframe. It might take a few attempts.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2015, 06:34:04 am »

Make an armored car with 15mms of armor and a turret that rotates using electricity mounted with a .60 cal Horsekiller modified to be automatic. The vehicle should only be as big as it has to be to hold the crew and the engine to minimize silhouette. The hull should be friendly to infantry desant. It should have a top speed of at least 20 mph cross-country.

We'd wreck shit on the plains and the mountains with this. Armor's too thick for the vehicle to be damaged by anything less than an artillery shell landing quite close or a direct hit from an 8cm mortar. They'll need anti-tank rifles.

Alternate proposal for current tech and resources...

T1 Scimitar

Light armoured car with 8mm of armour, capacity of 6 soldiers.  Has a mounted Horsekiller at the front for whoever is riding shotgun, with shielding for four soldiers in the back to fire Model 1s from.  Pneumatic tires, minimal frame, built for speed rather than toughness.  Despite Moskurg principles, fast rather than stronk!

We can make tanks when we have the ore.  The Scimitar is designed for capturing the plains and the plains alone (maybe the desert too) - light, minimal armour, lots of speed.  The Scimitar's purpose is to move troops into position, to try and outrun mortar shells rather than survive them and to serve as a light cavalry wing backed up by a Horsekiller main cannon and four supporting Model 1s.

Of course, this might be a terrible design.  I shall await out back behind the factory with my iron knuckles to take debates.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2015, 09:18:04 am »

What if we finish the flamer, and in revision, we  create smoke rounds for our artillery?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1913 Revision
« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2015, 09:22:38 am »

Make an armored car with 15mms of armor and a turret that rotates using electricity mounted with a .60 cal Horsekiller modified to be automatic. The vehicle should only be as big as it has to be to hold the crew and the engine to minimize silhouette. The hull should be friendly to infantry desant. It should have a top speed of at least 20 mph cross-country.

We'd wreck shit on the plains and the mountains with this. Armor's too thick for the vehicle to be damaged by anything less than an artillery shell landing quite close or a direct hit from an 8cm mortar. They'll need anti-tank rifles.
+1. Next turn, we should add armor to our uniform, as I suggested earlier. We're losing too many to shrapnel.

Actually, why are we using a horsekiller, and not trying to jam a stallion in there?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 09:24:51 am by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2015, 11:32:59 am »

Still hoping for a .30 Light Machine gun. We can plop this on mechanized infantry there.

As for .60 caliber on a car... What role is it going to serve as?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1913 Revision
« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2015, 11:45:04 am »

+1. Next turn, we should add armor to our uniform, as I suggested earlier. We're losing too many to shrapnel.

Actually, why are we using a horsekiller, and not trying to jam a stallion in there?
Why not both? .60 explosive rounds (we'd have to invent those first of course) for trashing emplacements and scattering enemy infantry, and a .30 for suppression. But that seems expensive. You're right though. All our infantry already carry .60 rifles as a standard. If we gave the car a .30 then even if the enemy reacted with their own armored vehicles we'd still have the advantage since our guys would be able to take them out.

The Arsetoastkuns have an exploitable advantage right now. They've got no big LOS guns. If we come out with some armor that's immune to their artillery, then we'll definitely gain ground.

E: 15mms of frontal armor would be best. 8mms is about as thick as your finger; it'd protect you from shrapnel, but 7.62 rifle or machine gun rounds would punch right through. It's very little metal compared to the amount you need for howitzers.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 11:54:38 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2015, 12:05:05 pm »

My question was why we're trying to use a modified horsekiller, instead of using our Stallions.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2015, 12:21:36 pm »

My question was why we're trying to use a modified horsekiller, instead of using our Stallions.
We don't have to use our revision to modify the horsekiller, but initially I thought it would be a good idea to have an autocannon, since it would be very effective at killing hostile armor while still having enough speed to be deadly towards infantry. The injuries created by a .60 would also be horrifying. Why not the stallion instead? Eh. It'd probably be just as effective at pressing advances, but it won't be able to go toe-to-toe with an armored vehicle with the same specifications and a bigger gun.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 12:24:23 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2015, 12:57:55 pm »

M4 'Brumby' LMG
Using the lessons learnt from updating the Stallion, start designing an LMG designed to be carried and operated by a single person to compliment the Stallion. Box-fed and air-cooled with a bipod installed to stabilise the gun when firing from cover. To specify, the MG should use the same .30 rounds as our rifles.

This has my vote. Should be belt-fed and water-cooled, with a large port so soldiers can shove snow into it like the Russian version of the Maxim gun.
Regards,
Dampe

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2015, 01:11:18 pm »

M4 'Brumby' LMG
Using the lessons learnt from updating the Stallion, start designing an LMG designed to be carried and operated by a single person to compliment the Stallion. Box-fed and air-cooled with a bipod installed to stabilise the gun when firing from cover. To specify, the MG should use the same .30 rounds as our rifles.

This has my vote. Should be belt-fed and water-cooled, with a large port so soldiers can shove snow into it like the Russian version of the Maxim gun.
I think I'm going to put my vote in for this, use our revision to make the horsekiller auto cannon, and next turn we'll make the armored car with 1 lmg and 1 cannon. +1.

Edit: we never finished our flamethrower, did we? Ehhhhh...should we do that or the lmg?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 01:13:45 pm by Playergamer »
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 135