Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97133 times)

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1913 Revision
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2015, 07:12:50 pm »

-snip-

But the Horsekiller is a breech-loading rifle. The time we would use converting that into an automatic (assuming it even could be converted into an automatic) would be better spent designing a purpose-built MG from the ground up. There's simply no way that design will work with our current weaponry. If we developed my rifle design, we could have it modified into an automatic in the next couple years, but that still wouldn't be as useful as developing the Mk.III this year and seeing if we can't research belt-fed weapons after that.

Alright, now that we have that magazine tech, we can work on a design for a cheap, efficient, reliable semiautomatic rifle. Here's my design.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 07:20:49 pm by Dampe »
Regards,
Dampe

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2015, 07:44:54 pm »

Neither of those are revisions, of course.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2015, 08:01:50 pm »

For our revision we should revise our swords to have a single .30 caliber round place in a barrel at the hilt with a trigger at the side. Simply point forward, and pull the trigger to fire the sword gun.

Anyway more seriously I suggest we revise our uniform a bit by sew some metal plates into the Moskurg Uniform to help protect our men.

If not that we should probably revise the six shooter we have by creating some quickloaders for it, and improving the overall quality of the cylinder. Or something to that effect.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2015, 08:03:18 pm »

Actually, given the state of the Stallion, I think we could very much afford to revise it.

Revise the Stallion to be lighter and simpler, to the point it's man portable and needs less crew.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2015, 08:04:14 pm »

Actually, given the state of the Stallion, I think we could very much afford to revise it.

Revise the Stallion to be lighter and simpler, to the point it's man portable and needs less crew.
Actually I'm all for this one, +1.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2015, 08:07:50 pm »

I think our revision need to be adding winter equipment to our mens uniforms, coats and the like, them being thicker would also give use a bit of protection on our troops.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2015, 08:45:06 pm »

I'll vote for this one as well. +1
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2015, 10:20:18 pm »

I'll cast my vote for an improved Stallion, too.
Regards,
Dampe

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2015, 12:39:03 am »

Aye.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2015, 12:59:46 am »

Aye.
Ura.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2015, 02:51:48 am »

You attempt to lighten the heavy and huge Stallion.

-M1 Stallion: This is a belt-fed machine gun using the enormous, thundering .60 caliber round, exactly twice the diameter of the .30 caliber or 7.62mm rounds. It is a cumbersome weapon, with a large box for the mechanism, and a narrow water-cooled barrel with copper heat sinks. The range and stopping power of the .60 caliber round is undiminished, but the gun only fires about 180 times a minute, relatively slow for a machine gun- because of its size, it might be better described as an autocannon. The gun hits in very tight groups for a machinegun, but it is heavy and can only be pivoted slowly, meaning only very skilled gunners can be accurate at long range. It normally moved by horse on a small wagon, although the new lighter model can be carried in parts by a crew, and is crewed by a team of four or five men. It is both complex (expensive) and uses a lot of metal (moving it to Very Expensive), special M1 Stallion crews will need to operate it in the field.

Your engineers have reduced the weight of the gun as much as they can while still allowing it to contain the force of the .60 caliber round. They've pushed your current steel manufacturing techniques to the limit: A number of bolts, plates, and struts are now drilled with rows of holes, the water cooled barrel is shrunk and fitted with shining copper heat sinks, the casing is half the thickness, and the action has been redesigned to fit in a smaller area, but not much. The heavy wooden carriage was replaced with one made is narrow steel plates with pneumatic automobile tires. Split into parts, a machine gun crew can now carry an M1 Stallion on foot, although they will complain about it.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1914 Design
« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2015, 04:08:56 am »

M4 'Brumby' LMG
Using the lessons learnt from updating the Stallion, start designing an LMG designed to be carried and operated by a single person to compliment the Stallion. Box-fed and air-cooled with a bipod installed to stabilise the gun when firing from cover. To specify, the MG should use the same .30 rounds as our rifles.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 04:20:24 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2015, 04:10:15 am »

M4 'Brumby' LMG
Using the lessons learnt from updating the Stallion, start designing an LMG designed to be carried and operated by a single person to compliment the Stallion. Box-fed and air-cooled with a bipod installed to stabilise the gun when firing from cover.
+1 Though amend the name to M2 to reflect its position as the child idea of the glorious M1 Stallion

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2015, 04:13:31 am »

Would that also be in .60 caliber?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2015, 04:16:16 am »

Would that also be in .60 caliber?
Of course. Anything less is a baby man's weapon. Let the Arstotzkan's mess with such puny firearms.

Edit: Sadly it seems Taric wants .30 caliber instead .... I guess I can back that.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 04:21:13 am by adwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 135