Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97115 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1911 Design
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2015, 03:06:25 pm »

Ill switch over to a howitzer, I just thought a light mortar would be good instead of going to something grand early on with no tech, didn't mean to copy Arstotzka, sorry.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1911 Design
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2015, 03:36:54 pm »

didn't mean to copy Arstotzka, sorry.
Haha, don't be. That's all part of the game.

Bombardier: A 3.6 inch howitzer. This is a simple artillery piece with few more bells and whistles than a medieval cannon, modernized with a breech load (a hatch on top of the barrel swings open) and rifling, so as to fire pointed shells with brass cartridges accurately at range. The spent brass is ejected manually, with a lever. Its size makes it Expensive, and horse-drawn. A skilled crew can fire about 10 times a minute, through the gun moves a little when fired, so it can bombard inaccurately at its full rate of fire or (with a skilled commander) come close enough to often hit trenches and emplacements at about half the rate of fire. It can out-range any rifle on the field, but not accurately.

You have gained the technology 3.6 Inch Artillery Shells, Howitzer.

It looks a little like this:

You may now revise!
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1911 Revision
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2015, 03:47:59 pm »

For our revision I saw we

Fix the current flaws in the steam engine.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1911 Revision
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2015, 03:54:14 pm »

I'll go ahead with that, since everyone pretty much decided that's what they wanted already.

Your engineers both re-orient the pressure release valves on your Model 52 Engines to release oil outside of the train, and adjust the pressure at which they open- somehow they had been set to vent oil at a far lower pressure than necessary.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1912 Design
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2015, 05:23:16 pm »

Im still all for a flamer, would let us hold out taking on the plains and in the trenches, and would give us a great advantage in the jungle.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2015, 05:31:27 pm »

Im still all for a flamer, would let us hold out taking on the plains and in the trenches, and would give us a great advantage in the jungle.
I believe this is actually a good idea as well, and then we use our revision phase to squash any problems that come up with the flamethrower or revise the horsekiller for improved accuracy.

Spoiler: MK. 1 Flamethrower (click to show/hide)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2015, 05:36:29 pm »

We could also use our revision to increase the accuracy of our artillery.
Also we could have these be assigned to a squad, with other squad members carrying a few extra fuel tanks.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2015, 05:47:37 pm »

Add my support in for the flamethrower.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2015, 06:08:25 pm »

All for Flamethrower too.

The extra ore is so welcome, by the way.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2015, 06:19:43 pm »

What about a .30-caliber rifle with an underslung flamethrower? Flamethrower is connected to a plated fuel tank designed to be mounted below a soldier's pack, and there are two triggers: one for the .30 cal and one on for the flamethrower.
Regards,
Dampe

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2015, 06:22:42 pm »

Overly complex to design. Besides, we'd need a rifle to fire .30 cal rounds first anyway :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2015, 06:28:28 pm »

Quote from: Taricus link=topic=152117.msg6393031#msg6393031 date=1437U693762
Overly complex to design. Besides, we'd need a rifle to fire .30 cal rounds first anyway :P

Not terribly complex. Build a cheap, reliable rifle and hollow out the stock. Fuel is fed through the stock and into the flamethrower. Ammunition for the .30-cal is fed through a magazine mounted on top of the receiver. It'd make more sense to design the rifle around the flamethrower than vice versa in this situation.

It'd be kind of like if a Bren gun, an OICW, and an M2 flamethrower had a threesome and this was their disgusting love child.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 06:31:42 pm by Dampe »
Regards,
Dampe

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2015, 06:39:54 pm »

What about a .30-caliber rifle with an underslung flamethrower? Flamethrower is connected to a plated fuel tank designed to be mounted below a soldier's pack, and there are two triggers: one for the .30 cal and one on for the flamethrower.
A miniature flamethrower like that would be complicated, and still probably require a backpack for fuel. Probably better to get a working flamethrower at all first. Furthermore, so far you've been using rifles for long engagements, and sidearms (swords, shotguns and revolvers) for close engagements. Your soldiers don't usually have rifles in hand in trenches.

Work on the Flamethrower begins.

Moskurg Flamethrower: This consists of two tanks, and a nozzle, connected in series by rubber hoses. The first tank is filled with pressurized air, and the second with fuel. The soldier wielding it controls a valve which, when opened, causes the pressurized air tank to force fuel out of the nozzle. The pilot light is a simple burning torch. It has a very short range, of about 15 feet, and the fuel lasts for about a minute of fire. Its design is complicated, making it Expensive, but you have enough fuel to deploy it often. Throughout testing the weapon suffers a number of complete disasters, from the valve being stuck open, to tanks and hoses rupturing. The building where the flamethrowers were being built burned down. This weapon was a complete and abject failure, and will require another design phase.

You've gain the technology: Flamethrower [Partially Complete]. This is not useful on its own but will make it easier next time. For clarity, this result was caused both by rolling a 1, and another factor.

You may now revise something.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2015, 07:06:41 pm »

Add a steel helmet to the standard Moskurg uniform.

The enemy is starting to use mortars, throwing shrapnel all over the battlefield, and they're causing major casualties. If we give every soldier a helmet, it'll reduce fatalities, increase morale, etc.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2015, 07:21:13 pm »

Revise the Horsekiller to be more accurate, and have ironsights.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 135